Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain the tanks in the attic

• 28-08-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi. I need to drain the cold water tanks in the attic because I have to replace the electric shower. There seems to be no isolating valve, and I can't get at the tanks themselves. Presume this is okay. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

hoppway wrote: »
    Hi. I need to drain the cold water tanks in the attic because I have to replace the electric shower. There seems to be no isolating valve, and I can't get at the tanks themselves. Presume this is okay. Thanks.

There has to be a valve somewhere..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

At the very least there should be a cold water shutoff underneath the kitchen sink. That wil l stop the tank refilling. All you have to do after that is turn on a tap to empty the tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Has to be one somewhere but then again over the years someone could have covered it in, happens all the time so go out side the mains stopcock should be outside your gate does the same thing.
    You will need a bar to turn it off B&Q or any builders shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check under the kitchen sink; that's usually where the mains comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Make sure it is a tank fed shower before trying to disconnect it.
    Then turn off the water at the mains input (best option) or tie up the ball cock in your main tank. Then flush the toilet and run the cold water tap on the bath until you drain the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi see attaches diagram.
    NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

North West wrote: »
    Hi see attaches diagram.
    NW

Did you read the first post ??????????????? electric shower

Advertisement