Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos

Options
  • 28-08-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my partner's passport has expired and needs a renewal. The info with the application says that the photos are different to the Australia equivalent. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Sydney (preferably in the city) where we can get the Irish dimension photos? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Any place that does passport photos should ask you what it's for and will have the correct dimensions on file.

Just say its for an Irish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

It's called the international template.
    Irish office prefers black and white also.
    Make sure the passport photo shop is digital, most are these days anyway
    I did one here in July, no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

cheers

can I ask how long yours took to process?
    the website says 6-8 weeks but might be longer in summer at home

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Make sure the passport photo shop is digital, most are these days anyway

Why does it need to be digital?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Mellor wrote: »
    Why does it need to be digital?

It doesn't need to be digital per se but will be less faffing about with it.
    They take one shot and can print in black and white or colour at any size.
    I've used it for US visas and Irish passport, in and out 5-7 minutes.
    Using the manual camera it's a colour photo and may take a couple of shots depending on the photographer.

To answer the other question.
    I was actually in Ireland in July so submitted the application on day I got there, it was back within the week. My brother got his renewed in NZ last year and it took 3.5 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I sent off mine to Canberra for renewal about 4 weeks ago and it has only showed up on the Passport Tracker yesterday

Advertisement