Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Cuisine Per Capita Capital of Ireland ?!

Options
  • 28-08-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Had another amazing meal in Bistro 53 last night !17.95 for a two course early bird that includes the option of black pudding wrapped in parma ham with a parmesan creamy sauce and SEA BASS main course!Youd be hard pressed to get the main course alone for that money!

Greenes/Gatehouse (evening meals starting 'next week' -I love this place in both its incarnations but theyve really let the grass grow in getting up and running again ) ,L'Avenue,Picaderos , Bon Bon etc etc ...sooooo many cool places to eat !We're lucky .

Would love to hear if any other place reckons they can beat Maynooth on a like for like basis !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Reading posts like this really makes me think that we have made the correct decision in moving to Maynooth (all be it next year). We cant wait to get up and sample the culinary delights and bargains that Maynnoth eatarys offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Having eaten in all of these places, the one that outdoes them all is The Avenue.

Even The Linden Tree in Carton struggles to match it.

Chicken Wings, Fillet Steak, Mess and a Marques de Riscal Rioja - lovely stuff.

CAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Having eaten in all of these places, the one that outdoes them all is The Avenue.

And a little birdy told me the owners of The Avenue are thinking about opening a second restaurant. Not sure if in Maynooth or elsewhere though.

They WERE going to buy the building where Hegarty's Solicitors was so they could knock through and expand, but the sale wasn't made for whatever reason, so now the proprietor is looking to open a second place somewhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the Avenue for Lunch,I like the Stonehaven,I love the Elite,Piacderos does good food too.
    I love that it doesn't really matter how big or small your budget is there is nearly always something to suit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

And yet despite having all of these food places, there is still nowhere that does as good a fry or a chicken tikka sandwich as Pickwicks did :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Has the new Chill opened in Manor Mills?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

The Avenue all the way, nom nom nom. Tried Bistro 53, and have to say, wasn't that impressed. Maybe I got them on a bad day

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Has the new Chill opened in Manor Mills?

Not yet, I'm guessing they have something to do with the Maynooth Town face page though as there's an ad on it for chill opening soon every 2nd day!

Advertisement