Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You have just lost a customer

Options
  • 28-08-2013 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would just like to say how unhappy I am with BOI, after 2 years with your bank and my wages constantly going in I was asked to prove I have a job for a loan and refused a overdraft of 100 even though I never went over 50 on the unauthorized overdraft. I find this all a little over the top and coupled with the fee's I have to pay I will gladly be signing up to Permanent TSB soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The rest of them won't be much better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

PTSB are far better in my experience 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi,

I would just like to say how unhappy I am with BOI, after 2 years with your bank and my wages constantly going in I was asked to prove I have a job for a loan and refused a overdraft of 100 even though I never went over 50 on the unauthorized overdraft. I find this all a little over the top and coupled with the fee's I have to pay I will gladly be signing up to Permanent TSB soon.
    Hi tallaghtmick,

We are sorry to hear we may be losing your custom.

All loan applications are done on a case by case basis and there is certain information required for the application, for instance proof of permanent employment.  All this information is required in order to process the application, and to protect the customer.  A customer adviser in your branch would be happy to discuss why the application was unsuccessful and may be able to offer advice for future. 

Bank of Ireland values all their customers and if you do choose to close your account, we wish you all the best in the future.  

Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Everytime I drop in and have chats with their staff im told oh yeh a loan is easy to get and that if I want an overdraft to just apply there will be no problems, I even stopped going into unauthorized overdrafts for 6 month at the banks request and nope no overdraft when asked for.

Everytime I drop in and have chats with their staff im told oh yeh a loan is easy to get and that if I want an overdraft to just apply there will be no problems, I even stopped going into unauthorized overdrafts for 6 month at the banks request and nope no overdraft when asked for.

All banks are very tight giving out credit. For a small loan you might be better going to the credit union. In my experience I have found boi to be the best of a bad lot and would not change over the issue your having as you will likely encounter the same issues with other banks.

• Advertisement

All banks are very tight giving out credit. For a small loan you might be better going to the credit union. In my experience I have found boi to be the best of a bad lot and would not change over the issue your having as you will likely encounter the same issues with other banks.
    TBH saving money on the fees was pushing me over but decided the handyness of BOI was best for me but not now, its 100 euro that I will probably never use I just wanted it incase of a 5 week gap from pay rather than the normal 4 week gap.

TBH saving money on the fees was pushing me over but decided the handyness of BOI was best for me but not now, its 100 euro that I will probably never use I just wanted it incase of a 5 week gap from pay rather than the normal 4 week gap.

maybe try asking for a credit card.

Also have you checked your icb record maybe there is something on it causing your problem

maybe try asking for a credit card.

Also have you checked your icb record maybe there is something on it causing your problem
    Rating is good, dont trust myself with a credit card :pac:

Advertisement