Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mean Streets of Weatherville Have a New MOD

• 28-08-2013 1:45pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the new Weather Mod Lumi and welcome aboard , just in time for the build up to the maddest part of the year around here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Not another one ffs.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Best of luck Lumi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Welcome aboard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Best of luck Lumi!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Best of luck to you Lumi. Please have mercy upon us snow bunnies over the coming winter. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Congratulations and happy Moddin'! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Best if luck Lumi but if I am honest, the name doesn't jump out at me. How did you rack up nearly 1500 posts in the weather forum without me noticing? Did you assume a new boards name upon taking up mod duties? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭omicron

Calibos wrote: »
    Best if luck Lumi but if I am honest, the name doesn't jump out at me. How did you rack up nearly 1500 posts in the weather forum without me noticing? Did you assume a new boards name upon taking up mod duties? :D

Fionagus I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

right then..... introductions over... lets make life tough for Lumi !
    This winter will be the mildest on record with no frost, no snow and with temperatures up to 15c every day between Dec 1st and Feb 28th - discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Calibos wrote: »
    Best if luck Lumi ........
    Did you assume a new boards name upon taking up mod duties? :D
    Cheers Calibos :)
    No, I've posted under this username for almost 2 years
    omicron wrote: »
    Fionagus I think!
    That was indeed the old me - its listed in my user profile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

This winter will be the mildest on record with no frost, no snow and with temperatures up to 15c every day between Dec 1st and Feb 28th - discuss.

No way, it will only be 14 on 29 January.

Welcome, Lumi, I think the above would make life easier for moderators because nobody would be on here except possibly me and the one forum member who likes mild weather. :)

Sheesh Elmer B! Way to upset the 'Snow Queen' on her first day on the job... :eek:
    I think I can safely hazard a long-range guess that that particular scenario is unlikely to pan out though :D

On a serious note Weather Boardsies, whatever weather the coming winter brings - be it storms, snow, epic cold or tropical Christmas turkey on the beach - lets all make an effort to keep the forum free from shenanigans and aggravation this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Best of luck Lumi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Congrats Lumi & good luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Congrats Lumi!, great choice to have onboard. God help you this winter if there is snow!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

I feel tremors in the force.

Best of luck lumi,in one of the most misunderstood and mind boggling at times voluntary job,moderating a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Good to have another mod in the weather forum cause it gets crazy around here sometimes:pac:...Anyway congrats Lumi and best of luck:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Congrats Lumi and best of luck. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

So good you get a second thread , hay !

So good you get a second thread , hay !

Lol! :D Time will tell Pete but I'll do my best to help keep the forum running smoothly

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes & congratulations - much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement