Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu Text Alerts / SPAM

Options
  • 28-08-2013 2:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

A while ago I signed up for a SuperValu loyalty card, the worst step I ever took.

I started getting the SuperValu bargain alerts to my phone.

On nine (9) occasions I asked to have my telephone number removed from the SuperValu text alert SPAMbase to no avail. My latest message was received at 13:10 today.

As the text REMOVE to 50050 failed to stop the SPAM so many times, I emailed customer services twice from the SuperValu website. Surprise, surprise, no response, no change.

If someone from SuperValu or their lazy incompetent text alert service provider is reading this, please PM me. I'm no longer a customer, but to stop me posting more messages like this across the interweb you need to stop annoying me ASAP.

If anyone else has had problems being removed from an Irish retailer's SPAMalert database, please post here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have a look here on the PhoneSmart website from Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Send one more email to them. Put in it something like. dear supervalu this is the Xth email ive sent after texting stop to your number 9 times. please cease and desist. etc etc.

Then at the bottom put sincerely yours mathepac

comreg cc on this mail.

cc the email to consumerline@comreg.ie

See what happens then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

mathepac wrote: »
    ... their lazy incompetent text alert service provider ....
    @ 50050 seems to be, Saadian Technologies Ltd, Tel: 01 6341330, Email:info@saadian.com

REMOVE and email sent on last time.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,083 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I thought STOP was the end-word under Comreg rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is STOP

• Advertisement

The rather cryptic instructions at the end of the Supervalu / Saadian Technologies SPAM reads

"Unsub txt REMOVE to 50050"

No response from ANYONE to last night's email.

I texted STOP to 50050 just now so if SuperValu stops sending me SPAM, I won't be sure which measure worked. To be honest I don't really care as long as the messages stop.

Thanks again for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The rather cryptic instructions at the end of the Supervalu / Saadian Technologies SPAM reads

"Unsub txt REMOVE to 50050"
    Have you tried to text REMOVE to 50050?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Have you tried to text REMOVE to 50050?
    See OP /\ above.

A while ago I signed up for a SuperValu loyalty card, the worst step I ever took.

I started getting the SuperValu bargain alerts to my phone.

On nine (9) occasions I asked to have my telephone number removed from the SuperValu text alert SPAMbase to no avail. My latest message was received at 13:10 today.

As the text REMOVE to 50050 failed to stop the SPAM so many times, I emailed customer services twice from the SuperValu website. Surprise, surprise, no response, no change.

If someone from SuperValu or their lazy incompetent text alert service provider is reading this, please PM me. I'm no longer a customer, but to stop me posting more messages like this across the interweb you need to stop annoying me ASAP.

If anyone else has had problems being removed from an Irish retailer's SPAMalert database, please post here.
    No response or action to any of the measures taken by texting both STOP and REMOVE to 50050, by emailing comreg, Supervalu, Musgraves and Saadian Technologies Ltd last week, so now I'll be attacking the landlines to try to get action.

I got more SPAM from SuperValu / Musgraves and their slave-bots Saadian Technologies this lunch-time. Honestly you'd this they'd have enough brains to un-tick the ikle check-box after my mobile number in their technology thingy. No more SPAM please, I'm Irish.

• Advertisement

Saadian Technologies Ltd are not answering 01 6341330

I eventually got to speak to a woman on the SuperValu morketing team in Musgrave's HQ in Cork and was promised action.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Saadian Technologies Ltd are not answering 01 6341330

I eventually got to speak to a woman on the SuperValu morketing team in Musgrave's HQ in Cork and was promised action.

Perhaps try the number on their website

http://www.saadian.com/contact.html
    Contact Us

Ireland

Saadian Technologies Headquarters
    14 Clanwilliam Square
    Dublin 2
    Phone: +353 1 676 1130
    Fax: +353 1 676 1145
    Email: info@saadian.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Have same problem with Soundstore, really annoying:mad:

Why should customers have to do all the running around to get it stopped, the stores themselves should be held responsible and open to fines if they abuse the rules or their agents abuse them.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Perhaps try the number on their website ...
    Thanks for that but the number I had is the one registered with ComReg.
    danjo-xx wrote: »
    ... Why should customers have to do all the running around to get it stopped, the stores themselves should be held responsible and open to fines if they abuse the rules or their agents abuse them.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

In her initial feedback to me the PR lady in Musgrave's said that her on-line team stated they had never received ANY communication from me asking to be removed from the SuperValu SPAM text system. I was able to send a few "sent" copies of emails to show I had been in touch and had only ever received a single automated reply from SuperValu that was never followed up by a human.

I also sent copies of the last two REMOVE and STOP messages sent before receiving more unwanted SuperValu SPAM yesterday. I also sent her copies of the SPAM as the online team alleged I hadn't followed their cancel instructions contained in the SuperValu SPAM itself the cryptic "Unsub txt REMOVE to 50050" addendum to their texts.

That is where things rest. No communication from the communications regulator, not even an automated reply.

Ironically as I was sending stuff out to my contact in SuperValu PR, this arrived from the "SuperValu Online Customer Care Team", presumably to prove their computers aren't dead or asleep.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the SuperValu Online Customer Care Team. We have received your email and will be in touch shortly to resolve your query.
    Alternatively we can be contacted at the phone number below. Our opening hours are from 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 6pm Saturday.
    Best Regards,

SuperValu Online Customer Care Team
    Phone from Republic of Ireland: 1890 456 828
    Fax: +353 1 2075401
    Email: onlinehelp@supervalu.ie
    Web: http://www.supervalu.ie"

I now have two of these in my SuperValu SPAM email box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Longstone

Mathepac,
    have just joined this thread, and am wondering whether you are still receiving those messages?
    You have a right to opt out from such messages under the Data Protection legislation, and the organisation in question must a) respect your preference, and b) confirm in writing that your details have been removed from their distribution list.
    This must happen as quickly as possible once you have opted out, but within no more than 40 days.
    This applies to all marketing, but particularly to messages sent using electronic media (sms, e-mail, etc.)

Advertisement