Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iec Canada

Options
  • 28-08-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys.

I'm heading to Canada in few weeks on the IEC, i have everything sorted on check list.. but i only got a one way ticket.. now i hear i need a return, but i can't find anywhere on the iec website to say so.. anyone know where i can find that information and also if a ticket to the states would be enough.. thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

As far as I know (this may have changed since I did the IEC) as long as you have over 3k Canadian you don't need a return ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 phoeniks20

Thanks, i'm not sure it does say have a return tickets or else the funds to buy a ticket, but doesn't say how much, but thanks i'm trying to go through info on iec wedsite..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Hey,

I was thinking of getting the IEC in the for 2014.

Can you travel whenever you want or is there a deadline as to you have to be gone by ?

Thanks!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

thats the IEC website, you wont be able to apply until Jan, once you get accepted you have a year to use it.. doesn't take too long for it all to come through only about 6 weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Thanks Phoeniks20

• Advertisement

If your serious about applying.. keep looking on website for updates and when you can apply.. the places went really fast this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

phoeniks20 wrote: »
    Thanks, i'm not sure it does say have a return tickets or else the funds to buy a ticket, but doesn't say how much, but thanks i'm trying to go through info on iec wedsite..

Well it's not gonna cost you more than 3 grand to buy a ticket from Canada to Ireland so if you're one of the rare few that does get asked for proof of funds you should be fine once you have at least that amount. When they see you have work permit for 24 months it's unlikely they'll need to see a return ticket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinkerspony

802 Canadian dollars return from Dublin to Calgary in western Canada with Airtransat !! That's less than 600 euro

Advertisement