Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life insurance

Options
  • 28-08-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all
    I did a search but didn't see any posts on life insurance
    My question is, I have life insurance that covers the mortgage and serious illness cover for 100k and I'm looking for a new quote
    I rang around for a few quotes recently but to b honest I was busy and the quotes confused me
    Any suggestions who to go with or what pitfalls to avoid and is serious illness cover a waste of money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Alan152

Hi all
    I did a search but didn't see any posts on life insurance
    My question is, I have life insurance that covers the mortgage and serious illness cover for 100k and I'm looking for a new quote
    I rang around for a few quotes recently but to b honest I was busy and the quotes confused me
    Any suggestions who to go with or what pitfalls to avoid and is serious illness cover a waste of money

Hi kingdom fan....we better get our result on Sunday....can I ask why are u looking for cover...is it to compare the value on your existing policy?...I can certainly explain what you need to know if u have specific queries or are. Confused by the terminology

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingdom fan

Basically I have 2 life policies and one serious illness policy and want to compare prices and see what's the best value for money
    I can't see us doing it on Sunday !

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Alan152

Basically I have 2 life policies and one serious illness policy and want to compare prices and see what's the best value for money
    I can't see us doing it on Sunday

Sent you a message with some comparison details...let me know what you think and your specific questions if you understand the policies etc..

Come on the kingdom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 MikeinLucan

Hi kingdom fan, did you resolve your query?

My suggestion would be to look for quotes keeping the two separate, mortgage cover on one policy and the serious illness on another plan. All the life companies operating in Ireland will offer a quote and match each others price, but its the features and added benefits that are different - this is where shopping around will help you. When did you take our serious illness cover? Many of the life companies have significantly improved their illness coverage this year, those improvements are not retrospective.

I've been recommending my mortgage protection clients proceed with aviva (they have a unique feature available for this type of cover) and various companies for illness cover depending on age, level of benefit and duration of plan.

If you're interested in chatting more, feel free to contact me (details are on my profile).

Thank you,

Mike

Advertisement