Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Insider's Guide to Greystones food & drink

Options
  • 28-08-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I hope this doesn't turn into another .. trend, where every single mistake is outlined again and again! No matter how many restaurant, eateries or coffee shops are around, if somewhere with good food opens it will, no doubt, do well. If you think about it, most have something individual to offer.
    I would love a trend where everyone gives recommendations on the best spots to eat, drinks etc. that would be great. Especially as sometimes you can go to places all the time but have never tried something and could be missing out! :):) I just love fooooooood!

The idea is share your gems of wisdom in this thread rather than merely highlighting problems/issues (we have loads of other threads for that).

Just to start things off ....

Cafe delle Stelle - Courgette Omelette (with Garlic Toast)
    - Great lunch time treat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Brilliant. I love it!

Mine would have to be....

The Beech Tree Cafe - Beetroot Goats Cheese Sandwich on Granary, made even better by a bowl of yummy homemade soup! Mmm. Hungry just thinking about it.

My partners has to be..

The 3 Qs - The Lamb Kebab! It is on the lunch menu and is (his words) out of this world.

Our current favs! :) Love the idea of a Courgette Omelette, sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK mine in no particular order.

Dell Stelle - love the food and the ambience of the place, lovely to just chill there on a quiet day and enjoy a good coffee.
    Pebbles - love their cakes and staff are all really friendly.
    Romany Stone - adore their breakfasts, as well as the savory croissant (not going into their dinner menu - would be here all day waxing lyrical). Coffee is also so good I buy it downstairs.
    Beech Tree - since the change really enjoying it here again. Breakfasts are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

The Beech Tree, Their scrambled egg (way better than the wife's !) you get loads plus bacon if you want it....

Chakra, for everything!

Don't get time to visit anywhere else....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Do you need to pay into the garden centre if you want to go to the Beech Tree? And also where is Cafe Dell Stelle??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Courgette Omelette with garlic toast is a definite favorite of mine.

The Happy Pear for a dark hot chocolate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

sinead81 wrote: »
    Do you need to pay into the garden centre if you want to go to the Beech Tree? And also where is Cafe Dell Stelle??

Beech Tree. No you do not have to pay. However, the gardens are FREE all season, as they are celebrating XX years.
    {Try ANY of the sandwiches. Fantastic}

Cafe Delle Stelle - on the corner opposite Xtra-vision/Happy Pear.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Will definitely need to check it out! I worked in that coffee shop for a summer job when I was 17, eeek 15 years ago! When it was called the Pagoda, would love to go back and see it and taste these famous sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Never heard of the Beech Tree will have to check it out.
    My recommendations are:
    Cavistons-delicious seafood especially the crab claws.
    3q's- BLT just yummy.
    Chakra-delicious tasty food always.
    Bochelli's - pleasantly surprised here recently very tasty pizza and thats from a non pizza lover.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Three Q's Full Irish Ask for some Ketchup and they go make there own its Delishes!

Jokers for the Deep Fried Mars Bar :P

To be Honest i havent really eaten anywhere else living in the area all my life! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Three Q's Full Irish

Not mad on the place for evening dinner, but damn they do the best breakfast in town !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

B-man, you reminded me of something...

Jokers - Hot dog with all the trimmings but ask for a battered sausage instead of a hot dog sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dubjackeen

Romany Stone - Romany Coronation Chicken open sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jungledrums

3Q's chocolate fondant. One of the finest tasted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

3 Q's-Full irish and their mushroom brioche starter
    Sweeneys chipper for fish
    Pizza's from the Silver Citroen,best by a mile
    Soup from the happy pear always the best in the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

3 Q's-Full irish and their mushroom brioche starter
    Sweeneys chipper for fish
    Pizza's from the Silver Citroen,best by a mile
    Soup from the happy pear always the best in the town

The Citroen van's pizza's may be nice even if the choice is limited, but Bochelli's pizza's are all €10 for takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

The porridge in the Happy Pair (not sure if it is still free on weekday mornings) but, myself and the small girl used to fuel up in there and it was just amazing. A little fruit compote on top and you were set for the day, it used to cost 50c for the fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

The Beech Tree ... such friendly staff, great soup, buns etc at such good value. And they like dogs and provide blankets!!!!!!!!!!

Never would have tried it apart from boardsies recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

The Beech Tree ..

Love it, great way of spreading good news as well as having a good ol'moan :D

The Beech Tree ... such friendly staff, great soup, buns etc at such good value. And they like dogs and provide blankets!!!!!!!!!!

Best staff around for sure

anyone know if the Beech tree is open on a Monday mordin,thinking of treating myself the works tm,i know 3Q's is closed Mondays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Only problem with the Beach Tree is how busy it is.
    First time i went, there were a few empty tables. Stood by the sign that says wait to be seated. While waiting to be seated a number of people walked round us and picked their own table. by the time someone came to us all the tables had gone.

Another time it was full, they took our name and number and said if we look round the gardens they will call us when a table was free and reserve it for us. When we were gone a while without a call we headed back to see a number of tables just being occupied by people who had just turned up leaving no tables for us.

Both times above we left and went elsewhere.

Now if we get a table the food is great, having said that i would say 50% of the time we turn up we can't get a table. If anyone says they can take our number and call us we just go somewhere else.

I have to say never really had a problem with getting a table up there,went for breckie this morning,was nice alright but not as good as 3Q's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks for the heads-up on The Beach Tree. A real treat and the weather was fantastic to be al fresco. Food was amazing - really good value IMO. Staff were brilliant - very clear on what they were up to, who will be looking after your drinks. A warm reception which is very pleasant. Overall Score: A* on the astro scale.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

astrofluff wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up on The Beach Tree. A real treat and the weather was fantastic to be al fresco. Food was amazing - really good value IMO. Staff were brilliant - very clear on what they were up to, who will be looking after your drinks. A warm reception which is very pleasant. Overall Score: A* on the astro scale.

They always look after VIPs very well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Was at the Beech Tree on Monday, place is awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement