Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of electricity for farm outbuilding?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,551 ✭✭✭✭

I am just wondering is there a standing charge? Levy? VAT? Any other charges? and what is the price per unit? for an outside farm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Freshpopcorn,

Is the outbuilding to be supplied as part of a commercial or residential premises?

VAT is @ 13.5% across the board, but rates and standing charges differ depending on whether business or domestic.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 30,551 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for your reply,
    Are separate farm outbuildings considered commercial use? If so could you give me these charges. 
    If the out buildings are part of domestic/residential property, could you also give me these charges.
    Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Freshpopcorn,

It depends on the individual farm. An outbuilding for a farm that includes a residential property could be connected to the commercial or the residential supply, depending on what the desired set-up is.

Residential rates for a 24-hour meter are: 0.1699 (excluding VAT), 0.1928 (including VAT)
    Standing charge (rural) per year: €147.75 (excluding VAT), €167.70 (including VAT)

Residential rates for a day/night (NightSaver) meter are:
    Day - 0.1815 (excluding VAT), Night - 0.2060 (including VAT)
    Standing charge NightSaver (rural) per year: €192.61 (excluding VAT), €218.61 (including VAT)

Public Service Obligation (PSO) Levy per year, for either a 24-hour meter or a NightSaver meter: €27.84 (excluding VAT), €31.60 (including VAT)

For commercial rates, we can organise a call-back from our Business department if you private message us your name and contact number.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement