Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I have to pay for vet fees for a stray cat?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Monsclara

timshel. wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in OP? Maybe one of us could help with the cat?

Am in Dublin timeshel but one of the other contributors to this thread has very kindly offered to take him off my hands. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Monsclara wrote: »
    Am in Dublin timeshel but one of the other contributors to this thread has very kindly offered to take him off my hands. Thanks
    ME!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭timshel.

Ah great :D was going to offer but I've never looked after a cat before so probably wouldnt have been the most ideal of situations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

anniehoo wrote: »

Aw brilliant, well done anniehoo :D Looking forward to seeing updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Anniehoo, I heart you! :):):):)

• Advertisement

Aw brilliant, well done anniehoo :D Looking forward to seeing updates :)

Spontaneous decision alright lol and although it's only been 6 weeks since Beanie died, it's 6 weeks too long without a pet....so here's hoping they let me take him this evening. He's a black and white, lanky fella with nothing flashy about him but he's apparently very friendly and loves his grub.He got castrated yesterday and appears healthy so the vet says. :D

I have a name picked out and all...so if the vet practice will let me have him this evening I'll post him up in the Post Your Pet Pic thread later ;) Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yay!

He is one lucky kitty to be going home with you, anniehoo!

Can't wait to see a pic or two... Love the black and whites, tuxedo or otherwise. <3

Yes Anniehoo - well done and thank you. You won't regret ithttp://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/wink.png

Spontaneous decision alright lol and although it's only been 6 weeks since Beanie died, it's 6 weeks too long without a pet....so here's hoping they let me take him this evening. He's a black and white, lanky fella with nothing flashy about him but he's apparently very friendly and loves his grub.He got castrated yesterday and appears healthy so the vet says. :D

I have a name picked out and all...so if the vet practice will let me have him this evening I'll post him up in the Post Your Pet Pic thread later ;) Excited!

Anniehoo. Hadn't realised you have just lost your pet http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/frown.png. I'm sure you are going to love this fella. Be warned, he is VERY noisy, particularly in the car - but it'a all talk. Soon as he is out he will be in your arms purring like a mad thing. Please keep us posted http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Monsclara wrote: »
    Be warned, he is VERY noisy, particularly in the car - but it'a all talk.
    Brilliant, love a good "chat" :D Beanie hardly ever meiowed, so this will be different alright.

Heading up now....so will fill yas all in soon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Ohh, I do love a happy ending to a story. Fair play to you Annie, he is a very lucky cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

Thread of the day. Well done.

Just want to update anyone who followed this thread.

Wellllll......................*drumroll*

Eddie is getting on absolutely fantastic.Beyond fantastic, I'm even surprised myself. I thought we'd have a few teething problems, but 3 weeks in (I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks) but this fella has settled in with no problems at all. Well...a touch of ear mites, but nothing a dose of Advocate didn't sort out.

My motto has always been "never regret a spontaneous decision" and folks, he is beyond a GEM! No word of a lie from the minute (yep, minute) I brought him home he acted like this was his home.

I literally do not have one single bad thing to say!!!!! He is so affectionate, friendly,curious,playful,sweet,cheeky,confident but yet cautious with things he should (he's in teenage mode). He escaped on week 1 (arrrghhh), but after castration and the testosterone level has disappeared he's still curious about the outdoors, but much prefers being cuddled.

Out of all the areas in my home, his favourite spot is Beanie's old bed (washed etc).There are 5 of them. It has the best view of everything going on outside and he didn't go near it for a few days, but soon copped on to the best seat in the house.

I kept comparing him (still do tbh) to Beanie. They are sooooo similar in personality but am slowly loving the bonding process with this new fella.

Beanie was such a softie but HATED the vets (understandable), Eddie didn't even flinch for vaccinating,microchipping or ear swabbing.

Put a collar with chip tag on him for the first time this evening and he messed for about 5mins and was fine :D (someone owned him before I'm sure of it)

He cuddles in the crook of my leg on the couch and sits in the bathroom in the morning when I have a shower (Beanie hated water).He's vocal but not excessively and is in an all round great dude.

I still miss Beanie (an awfuuuul lot) and I took a risk on a cat I had zero history about....and I don't regret the decision one bit. :pac::pac:

I had a feeling that this was just meant to be Annie. He is gorgeous and sounds just adorable. Hope you both have a lovely life together, he sure landed on his paws with you.

brrabus wrote: »
    I had a feeling that this was just meant to be Annie. He is gorgeous and sounds just adorable. Hope you both have a lovely life together, he sure landed on his paws with you.
    Thanks brrabus, I noticed you supported my "spontaneous decision" from the start, so thank you for not judging my rash decision.

It's funny. We give out about posters on this forum for making quick decisions about getting a pet (any pet),without thinking about it, but somehow "rescue" makes it a bit more understandable.

Yep, I didn't think about it, but I knew what I was doing, if it makes sense.

I hope people understand the difference. ;)

Anyhoooo.....he's doing great. :D

Sometimes fate works in mysterious ways. The original poster was sincere and truthful about what he was like, they cared and you related to that. I fell in love with him too. I have been waiting to hear how he has been doing, so happy. Thanks for posting, made me smile.

Anniehoo (& Brrabus)

Thank you so much for the update. I've been wondering how he was getting on but confident that with your attitude AND his, it would work out well. He did seem to be a real darling to me and I'm just so glad he hasn't proved me wrong ..................as only cats can!
    My own 3 have settled back to normality here - in fact I've just received a delivery on the mat by my chair 5 minutes ago with all the usual excitement that goes with such presents.
    I'm so glad I posted this thread - started out as a whingeing about vets thread and ended up as a very happily rehomed cat. Can't ask for more than that!
    Give Eddie a little cuddle from me please

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Rosier

Thanks for a lovely tale.. posting a similar story ..

Advertisement