Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips to help 18 month old settle into crèche?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Any advise? My 18 month old just started In a really lovely crèche - staff are great and doing their best to help. But my 18 month old is very upset when I leave & for most of the time I'm gone - 2-3 hrs at the moment. Like hysterical. Heart breaking to walk away from her like that. I've tried sneaking out, I've tried explaining and saying bye see you soon, I've tried talking to her about it outside of crèche etc. she's teething and very clingy (not criticizing the poor thing!) I've been home on maternity with my almost 4 month old so she's very used to me being around. She's got a fair few words but alot only I understand so she gets very frustrated. Just want tips on how to approach it! And are there kids that just don't like crèche?! I think she finds it overwhelming with all the noise and kids etc. it's only been a few weeks but no improvement.

Comments

I'd say she's still adjusting to the new arrival. Also, there can be a bad bout of seperation anxiety around 18-24 months.
    Is she there full time while you're on maternity leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'd say she's still adjusting to the new arrival. Also, there can be a bad bout of seperation anxiety around 18-24 months.

No only couple days a week - I have to go back to work early - in a week. She's very distressed bless her - she's just so easily upset at the min and reassuring her having no effect - just wish I could help her understand ill be back and it's ok etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

No only couple days a week - I have to go back to work early - in a week. She's very distressed bless her - she's just so easily upset at the min and reassuring her having no effect - just wish I could help her understand ill be back and it's ok etc.

Advertisement