Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reedswitch daisychain

Options
  • 28-08-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Can anyone tell me if I have a few reed switches daisychained do I ned to use a resistor in each unit or will one cover the whole loop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 eoinie

I don't believe this. After I got my panel, keypad and 2 zones working OK I am now getting a Cabinet tamper error. The cabinet is closed???

Any ideas/

OK. I fixed the last issue by removing a redundant PIR wiring loop. I'm now getting a System OK and Leave Now message but if I have zone 1 open door open when I'm setting the alarm it arms immediately I enter the code. If I put in the code and then open the zone 1 door it arms immediately (Red Led comes on). Any help appreciated. Just muddling through but getting there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure the zone is programmed as Exit Entry?
    If the door is closed & you set the alarm do you get a timer buzzer?
    If the door is open & the zone is not Exit Entry it should show open zones ...Zone 1.

The zone is programmed as the Entry/Exit
    With door closed I get about 30 secs of a buzzer and display reads Leave Now.After the 30 secs the red led comes on and display says armed.
    Not showing zone 1 open

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What system is this again?
    A CS250 will display an LED on armed.

• Advertisement

its a CS450 with AS525 Siren unit. The system is arming immediately when I open the door to exit.

If I put a resistor across 2 and 3 at zone i in the panel, the alarm sets but avtivates. Without the resistor I'm getting an open signal from zone1

When the alarm activates what does it say on the screen?
    Can you goto Maintenance > Show Open Zones & tell me what displays.?

It says O1Tzone

Are you using single end of line resistor.?
    Check in Zones>Loop Type> If you are using single EOL resistors make sure this is single not Duel.

• Advertisement

Haven't a clue! My manual says All end of line resistors 4K7 1/4W 5%

Wire in the front door contact and wire the resistor in the contact in series. Goto Zones >Loop Type and change that to single.

Did that. After I set the alarm and close door the system continues with buzzer for about 30 secs and then returns a System Disarmed message. Opening the door after that makes no difference to status.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Post some pictures of the wiring in the contact and the wiring of the panel.

Sounds to me that you still have the resistor in paralell with the zone input instead of in series.

You're right. Forgot to remove the resistor I put across 2 and 3. OOpps! It's working now. I'll tackle the siren unit tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help.

Advertisement