Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTMB 2013

Options
  • 28-08-2013 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

The big ultra is on this weekend, 166km, 9600 metre of climbing through the alps, taking in France, Switzerland and Italy.

I think a couple of boardsies are doing it, enduro and dunebuggy at least. Anyone else? How are you fixed? All set?

Great race preview as always over at http://www.irunfar.com/2013/08/2013-the-north-face-ultra-trail-du-mont-blanc-utmb-mens-preview.html

Lots of Americans over again, hoping to make amends for their relative poor showings in last few years.

It's a great race to follow online, given the pics that are posted and how long the race goes on for, 20 plus hours winning time.

http://youtu.be/St49BdhuA8c

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

You can follow progress of runners here (Enduro bib 29, Dunebuggy bib 2842), good luck lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's another boards (or ex) member down as being registered, is that an error or is that list really just a list of people offered places ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There's another boards member down as being registered, is that an error or is that list really just a list of people offered places ?

(I thought I was sure of his user name here but on checking I'm not quite sure anymore)

grahamor is doing it. Bib 6209.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Looks like enduro is feeling good. Gone through 1st checkpoint in 67th, ahead of a couple of big guns like Jez Bragg. Early days of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Just to note grahamor's bib no. is 6029

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Enduro in 27th place after 60k, moving on up the field. Those hills are out of this world! Just look at the elevation, fookin' massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Enduro is in 20th position now. He sure is flying! He moved up the field last year as well the longer the race went on.

Btw. those are mountains, not hills FFS :D

That's some going by enduro. Think he's second is his cat.

Dune buggy is having a great second half, making up around 400 places from last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Enduro is in 20th position now. He sure is flying!

19th now!!! Go on Enduro!!!

19th now!!! Go on Enduro!!!

Just finished in 18th men, 2nd in his cat. Incredible stuff, that was one super competitive field. Finishing time of 24.44. Well done Enduro!

Winner set a new course record at 20 hours 34.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

:eek:
    Fair play, that's some going.
    Looking forward to that race report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Wow. Fantastic result. We are very lucky to have one of the best in the business as a regular poster on these forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Astonishing result. Puts him firmly right up there with the best in the world (not that there was ever any doubt).

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Outside

Serious going, great to follow, well done Enduro, looking forward to the report!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Brilliant achievement. I wonder how many ahead of Enduro are sponsored athletes whose job is to run. Probably a lot, which says a lot too about Enduro's performance. Not bad for an old geezer from Cork ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

DuneBuggy is heading into his second night but looking good for a finish. The cut-off is 46 hours and he is 28 hours in with only 21 k left.

Job done for Grahamor. Home in 23:53:40. I would love to do as well next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

That is some achievement. The course profile is scary to look at. It must take some toughness of mind as well as body to even think about taking part let alone finishing and competing at the sharp end of the field. Serious respect is due to everyone who completes that event but especially to Eoin who seems to relish and thrive on hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks all. That was possibly my best ever run. Definitely my best ever trail run of any kind. I was fairly destroyed by the end, but my oh my was it worth it. Getting on the podium at the UTMB awards ceremony was a dream come true. Definitely a long report to follow! :D

Eurosport are showing UTMB tomorrow morning (that's Wednesday) at 7:35 am.

And for anyone who missed it this morning it's on again on Eurosport 2 Thursday 7:30am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And for anyone who missed it this morning it's on again on Eurosport 2 Thursday 7:30am.

People like me. It's also repeated Saturday at 12am and Tuesday at 8am.

Advertisement