Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Is there a way to check? I'm currently
    trying to recruit the goth kids

Loving it so far.

Ha I'm in same place as you .iv near 8 hours played but iv been exploring loads. When u save it tells you how much hours uv played so I'm only guessing from that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I did the main story in about ten hours, have yet to do the side quests though!

I did the main story in about ten hours, have yet to do the side quests though!

Is there much left after meeting the goths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

brady12 wrote: »
    Is there much left after meeting the goths

A decent bit yeah, probably around 40% of the main story or so. The game is broken into
    3 days
    so you can tell roughly how long is left by that.

How do I block spoilers?

• Advertisement

As in block the words so people don't see spoilers that I write up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

As in block the words so people don't see spoilers that I write up?

[@spoiler]Aeris kills Dumbledore[@/spoiler]

Like that except without the @ symbols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Grimebox wrote: »

Like that expect without the @ symbols

You read my fan-fiction? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Like that except without the @ symbols

Or alternately

[noparse]
    Aeris kills Dumbledore by hitting him with Rosebud
    [/noparse]

• Just past the bit in the
    Spaceship, OMG pissed myself at the end with the way they set up the key pressing solution for releasing Randy from the Table with the giant dildo / probe LOL there was no way I was pressing all those buttons.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Or alternately

[noparse]
    Aeris kills Dumbledore by hitting him with Rosebud
    [/noparse]

no parse eh? You learn something new everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Loving it so far, it's fantastic. The game's actually dragged me out of a black spot I'm in right now for personal reasons, so easy to just get lost in it. My housemate's are both playing it as well at the moment - two of us have the PC version, the other has the 360 version, and he was going crazy over the heavy censorship. Can't blame him, the
    alien ship and the impossible button pressing mini-game are the best parts so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Loving it so far, it's fantastic. The game's actually dragged me out of a black spot I'm in right now for personal reasons, so easy to just get lost in it. My housemate's are both playing it as well at the moment - two of us have the PC version, the other has the 360 version, and he was going crazy over the heavy censorship. Can't blame him, the
    alien ship and the impossible button pressing mini-game are the best parts so far

You can watch all the scenes on YouTube. Didn't make one bit of difference to my experience in the game.

Finished it in 15 hour 40 min..just have a few small side quests to do fo 100 per cent. Really enjoyed it but only thing I rushed it a bit because iv it rented..recommend playing it in few hour blocks..enjoy it more then..funniest game iv played

If there's anything I've learnt from this thread is that the rental business is still alive! I had no idea

If there's anything I've learnt from this thread is that the rental business is still alive! I had no idea

Short games with no real re play value it's ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I like it a lot, but the one thing I notice (something it shares with the show) is that the humour gets old quick so it's not one you can really sit down to and play for hours. But it's very clever and the combat is much more intricate than I imagined it would be. It's quite unforgiving early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think people who burst through it in one marathon session wont appreciate it as much. I did it in 4 or 5 sessions. Much better.

Kirby wrote: »
    I think people who burst through it in one marathon session wont appreciate it as much. I did it in 4 or 5 sessions. Much better.
    ya agree i did it in marathon session if id owned it would have been different

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Short games with no real re play value it's ideal

Funnily enough, I can see myself replaying the game down the line between long breaks. The graphics is not going to be an issue, and I would happily sit down and watch a South Park episode that I have already seen - so why not the game! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

There's lots of monotonous fetch quests and stuff though, and gameplay wise it's kind of restrictive. It's funny but I couldn't imagine going through it over again unless they made a view cutscenes option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I love this game! But saying that it has a totally stupid plot and the toilet humour can seen utterly childish. It passes the time but don't expect any award winning content here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I bought this on the PSN and the stuttering going when going from one screen to another on is infuriating. Is this a problem on all platforms? Fun game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

lertsnim wrote: »
    I bought this on the PSN and the stuttering going when going from one screen to another on is infuriating. Is this a problem on all platforms? Fun game though.

Only remember seeing that happen twice in my entire play through. PS3 via disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

lertsnim wrote: »

It's because it autosaves quite frequently. It doesn't happen on disc. It happens on the digital version because the game and save are from the same hard drive. I don't think there is an option to turn off auto save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I love this game! But saying that it has a totally stupid plot and the toilet humour can seen utterly childish.

Thats exactly why i love the game, its perfect south park humour. Im hoping they eventually release an uncut edition

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

jaxdasher wrote: »
    It's because it autosaves quite frequently. It doesn't happen on disc. It happens on the digital version because the game and save are from the same hard drive. I don't think there is an option to turn off auto save.

It doesn't happen on mc version from what I've seen so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can't get through the tutorial without the game bugging and leaving me with no option other than restarting the game, happened 5 times to me in different parts of it. Was this even play tested?

Honestly I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to bugs. The game worked flawlessly when I played it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I love this game! But saying that it has a totally stupid plot and the toilet humour can seen utterly childish. It passes the time but don't expect any award winning content here!

Why would you play a south park game and then complain of toilet humour and childishness? Do you not understand the premise of the entire tv series?

Also i dunno if I would award the combat system any prizes but its definitely a damn good system and key piece of content that should be replicated in other games

Advertisement