Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Grimebox wrote: »
    Honestly I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to bugs. The game worked flawlessly when I played it

Yeah, must say that I have not come across any issues yet on the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Yeah, must say that I have not come across any issues yet on the PC version.

Completed it twice on PS3 and had no issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I had to restart once on the PS3 due to the view not being on center. Half the buildings were cut off at the top of the TV screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I don't know about bugs but the PS3 version has awful performance issues. Really ruins the illusion of being in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am very surprised to hear about the console versions having many issues. I played it on PC and I can honestly say the game was flawless. Being an Obsidian game I expected numerous problems, but I didn't have a single one. Hopefully, they will patch the consoles soon enough, the game seems to have done very well both critically and financially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Falthyron wrote: »
    I am very surprised to hear about the console versions having many issues. I played it on PC and I can honestly say the game was flawless. Being an Obsidian game I expected numerous problems, but I didn't have a single one. Hopefully, they will patch the consoles soon enough, the game seems to have done very well both critically and financially.

Couldn't agree more , I was so surprised at the quality of this game. I normally don't go for tv or film games as mor often than not they are crap money grabbing pos.

This on the other hand is brilliant and very immersive, played it for an 'hour' lastnight (3 hours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Currently playing the game myself for the second day since I got it. I can't stop laughing. :D Best RPG I've played outside of Dragon Age in a long while. I've yet to get to the
    abortion clinic quests
    but I was watching the gameplay logs on PewDiePie's channel and I'm really looking forward to it as it looks positively demented!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I must have got a lucky copy or something. No performance issues at all on the PS3.

Another thing I have been noticing on the PS3 is complete lack of sound sometimes when there is dialogue. The version I am playing is downloaded from the US PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Got this for about €18 on PC and played it for about 3 hours. It's very good so far. I'm not usually big on turn-based combat but I quite like it, reminds me of Paper Mario (visually quite similar too). I've laughed out loud plenty of times at it but I'm a fan of the show anyway. Not sure if this would go down as well with someone who wasn't as familiar with it or the growing crowd who don't like it in the last 5-10 years.

It's nice to know at least that it's clearly not just some cheap cash-in, I think it's at least partly down to the fact that the creators who wrote it and provided voices are actually into video games themselves. Looking forward to playing more anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"There once was a maiden from st....sto.....sto....ston...stonebury hallow!...."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Al Gore is kicking my ass.

I'm super cereal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Finished last night. Superb. Thoroughly enjoyed it even though I haven't watched South park in an age.

A quick question to those of you that have beaten the game...
    When you finish the game and you stat back in your bedroom, is there any reason to keep playing (like a new game+ feature)? I'm at lvl. 15 and it seems to be capped at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Only reason I think is to finish side quests, collect chinpokemon etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

There is one chinpokemon in the school that you can't recollect unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah I have no interest in collecting Chinpokomon.

That's great lads, withh throw it on adverts.ie or pop into CeX with it. They are giving 29 euro cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"You dont understand... Chloe Kardashian was in here this morning and she had the biggest abortion Ive ever seen!" :D

I dont know how anyone who doesnt have the Horn of Irritation maxed out is beating Al Gore and some of the other bosses without it, some of them are way too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I think if you stack bleeding on Gore you can beat him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I spammed lullaby with Jimmy and focused on eradicating the secret service goons first.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I played as a Mage, which meant Dragon's Breath for burning damage, then a good weapon with bleeding damage usually inflicted enough damage that I mostly just had to survive until the end and most enemies would die from status effect alone after their turns. A bit of magic if they're still burning helped wonders too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Started playing this over the weekend, and it has quite possibly taken the number one spot as my favourite game that I've played this year! :D I'm honestly surprised by just how solid the game actually is. I was really expecting just a few laughs and some silly quests but they've done so much more.

Yeah it's really good with many lol moments.

Crazy good alright, the music and the way they didn't pander to anyone who doesnt watch South Park were high points for me, plus the thousands of references to past episodes. Pity there probably wont be a sequel, they poured everything into this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I couldn't really get on with the game. Combat was quite slow paced and dragged and the humour just wasn't all that funny. There was no context to a lot of the gags which meant they were just puerile teenage humour like something out of Duke Nukem. South Park can be pretty puerile but there's also context there to make it truly funny or awkward. This on the other hand has you open a door to see a man screwing a horse for no reason. I'll probably go back to it but it didn't really hold my attention enough.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This on the other hand has you open a door to see a man screwing a horse for no reason. I'll probably go back to it but it didn't really hold my attention enough.

Honestly what did you expect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Danger781 wrote: »
    Honestly what did you expect.

For it to be funny. Like the show.

It was funny, especially any scene with Cartman in it. Probably the funniest game ever made tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thargor wrote: »
    It was funny, especially any scene with Cartman in it. Probably the funniest game ever made tbh...

Up there with Battleblock Theater IMHO

Just finished! I'm annoyed I can't collect all the Chinpokemon or make friends with everyone, as I missed them during the quests. Really annoying the thing inside me that wants to get 100%..

• Advertisement

Yeah I couldn't get all the Chinpokomon either because I missed the one in the school kitchen or something like that, never been so mad about missing a pointless collectible.

Advertisement