Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know off hand if woodies or b&q sell Perspex

• 28-08-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Need a sheet or two for a small project

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

At a guess I'd say no, based on nothing but a hunch. If they do I'd say it would be cut rather than a full sheet.

Would Duggans stock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭frankston

Need a sheet or two for a small project

B and q in limerick do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭arais

I think I saw corrugated perspex in B and Q , reckon OP is looking for plain,
    don't now if they do that,

I got some off cuts from a car windsreen place on the dock road some time ago, don't know if it's still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I was on the market for a sheet of perspex few months ago and B&Q was the only place in Limerick which had them. They have them in different sizes and thickness but they will not cut for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭arais

elmolesto wrote: »
    I was on the market for a sheet of perspex few months ago and B&Q was the only place in Limerick which had them. They have them in different sizes and thickness but they will not cut for you.

thanks that's good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

I used to get it from some of the regular glass places, Duggans etc.

g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Funny story getting perspex off Duggans - I told them I needed 200 cm X 300 cm they said no bother and gave a really good price. Went in to pick it up it was tiny. I said WTF I wanted 200 cm X 300 cm they said 'we deal in mm for perspex'. Told them they could keep it and got a sheet in Homebase. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

plactic is sold in the likes of b and q and homebase..... not perspex! Perspex is a higher grade material thats usually uv treated and won't breakdown or form little cracks as quickly as plastic in the rain! In fairness perspex is dealt with in mm as usually items made with it are relatively small!

Advertisement