Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search & Rescue Helicopter

• 28-08-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Currently going up and down the river around Grove Island, Athlunkard Bridge and Shannon banks.

Hope they find who they are looking for alive and well. Even better hope its a training exercise

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just spotted her flying over Caherdavin/Clonmacken. Hopefully whoever needs their help gets it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

kilburn wrote: »
    Currently going up and down the river around Grove Island, Athlunkard Bridge and Shannon banks.

Hope they find who they are looking for alive and well. Even better hope its a training exercise

Doubtful it is an exercise, saw the marine search and rescue dive van tearing down Henry Street around an hour ago with lights and sirens going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Good that she was taken from the river alive.

I hope she gets whatever help she needs, and finds a way to get past whatever caused her to see entering the water as a way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Kess73 wrote: »
    Good that she was taken from the river alive.

I hope she gets whatever help she needs, and finds a way to get past whatever caused her to see entering the water as a way out.

It's inconceivable to you that she may have fallen in?

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    It's inconceivable to you that she may have fallen in?

Read the article. They used a term that generally discounts accidental falling in.

Now it is possible the term was used in an incorrect manner by the newspaper, but I have taken what the paper put in print at face value and wish nothing but the best to the girl after her ordeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is it just me, or are both yourself and testicle addressing each other in a very passive aggressive manner? It seems one or both of you is waiting for the other one to get into an argument. It's good that the girl came out alive, but it's none of our business if it was an attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Rescue 115 dispatched but described on ICG website as a false alarm

Is it just me, or are both yourself and testicle addressing each other in a very passive aggressive manner? It seems one or both of you is waiting for the other one to get into an argument. It's good that the girl came out alive, but it's none of our business if it was an attempt.

Was simply replying to his/her question, and referencing the paper as where my pov was coming from.

Have to agree with you though that the fact the girl came out of the river alive as being the most important thing , and the hows and whys really don't matter to anyone bar her and those closest to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Sully777 wrote: »
    Rescue 115 dispatched but described on ICG website as a false alarm

calling it a false alarm is a bit odd, she was rescued before 115 got there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Having checked out the Limerick Post link...
    To be honest any Reporter who can't even spell 'waded' is hardly a reliable source.....:rolleyes:.

I know Boards don't really like people to be pedantic, but it's this guy's job to be at least able to spell.

Advertisement