Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruises Street getting a mini facelift

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

This could be great for the street, it really needs some life on the street.

If it attracts the crowds then O'Connors or Quigley might open late on Saturdays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Do they close early on a Saturday?Did the Milk Market traders object to something a while back?Maybe it was Christmas Market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

bigpink wrote: »
    Do they close early on a Saturday?

No, in my reading of the article (obviously only galnced at it :( ) I thought this was something that would begin as the regular Saturday market would end and people might hang around later in the day.

I suppose my hope was that whatever about bringing life back into the city during the day something needs to be done for the city once shops/offices close. The place is close to being a ghost town after 7ish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Sunday Milk Market is very underused,A Friday 3 to7 or 8 trading stalls on Cruises street or by Penneys would be great

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bit more info on the canopy over Cruises St. plans in the Leader.

• Advertisement
Advertisement