Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage repayments

Options
  • 28-08-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

I paid a lump sum on my mortgage recently. I asked for my payments to remain the same and had a discussion with the agent as to how much my term would be reduced by. I could do all of this over the phone. However they somehow decided not to reduce my term, despite how clear I was about this but instead changed my payments, and for some reason when I rang up mortgages this could not be corrected over the phone and had to be done formally in writing. They could not give any reason why my very specific request was completely misinterpreted.

What is the difference, why can I make a payment over the phone but cannot have YOUR error corrected over the phone? Is it simply because you lose out by my paying early? Bank of Ireland really do try to make simple transactions difficult.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi dirtyden,

Firstly apologies for this issue you have had recently regarding paying the lump sum off your mortgage. As it not the representative on the phone that makes this amendment to your mortgage account, customers would normally be advised to write in to confirm which they would like amended. The address is either Bank of Ireland Mortgages or ICS building society and then:
    Customer Relationship Unit, New Century House, Mayor Street Lower, IFSC, Dublin 1

Due to this issue occurring, if you would like this looked into on your behalf, please pm us your full name and contact number, including your branch and a representative will look into this on your behalf.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement