Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Franciso to San Diego

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Kind of on topic, who are the best car rental company/website to hire from? I'm considering doing a 3 week tour of California from Late October-ish, start and finish in San Francisco. carhire3000.ie do a deal for 480 euro with LDW included and unlimited mileage, is that the best it gets?

Remember the thanksgiving holiday in the us is the 28th November. Its as expensive as Christmas for travel. But it sounds like you'll just miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

InTheTrees wrote: »
    You could take highway 101 and then go backwards up highway 1 to get to san simeon though, that may only take four or five hours...

Yeah just want to add this is entirely accurate. I was navigating this section:

http://goo.gl/maps/5sx6l

And because off a pitstop for the event, when leaving Lucerne we went on HWY101 instead of heading back to the I5. Biggest mistake in driving I've ever made. Easily cost us 2 hours. Having started the day in Klamath Falls! That said, I have the personal distinction of driving the entire length of the Oregon / Californian I5.

Granted its North of where you would be starting but if your anyway short for time, avoid the Highways. They are much, much slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Frankie4fingers

Just off the topic altogether I have applied to esta for a ho0liday visa and since i was in new york last year for 5 days i have already a visa !! Im just wondering will that be valid as it has all the new york details or do i need a new one??

Also My flight leaves dublin with a stop over in amsterdam for an hour and a half where i will then be for san fran...just wondering where will i meet immgration??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Just off the topic altogether I have applied to esta for a ho0liday visa and since i was in new york last year for 5 days i have already a visa !! Im just wondering will that be valid as it has all the new york details or do i need a new one??

Also My flight leaves dublin with a stop over in amsterdam for an hour and a half where i will then be for san fran...just wondering where will i meet immgration??

If it was the same passport, you can just login to ESTA and input the new address and you'll be fine.

You'll meet immigration at San Francisco International airport - it's usually pretty quick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Frankie4fingers

If it was the same passport, you can just login to ESTA and input the new address and you'll be fine.

You'll meet immigration at San Francisco International airport - it's usually pretty quick there.

Thank You v much....very dunce about this stuff!! Also when I land in amsterdam where do i go like?? Do I have to check in again or am i transferred to straight over to the boarding gate for next flight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Thank You v much....very dunce about this stuff!! Also when I land in amsterdam where do i go like?? Do I have to check in again or am i transferred to straight over to the boarding gate for next flight?

You'll have your bags checked through to San Francisco from Ireland. Just follow the flight connections signs and look at where your next flight is going from. You'll probably need to change terminals.
    You won't need to check in again, but you may need to go through another security check. Last time I did Amsterdam it was pretty easy

Advertisement