Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest taxi service in North Dublin?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen 8202020.ie which has 20% off standard fares, but are there any other companies offering early morning taxi services in north Dublin worth considering to save a few bob?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Doubt you'll get cheaper than them. Use them for nearly everything including a run from Bray to Phibsboro for 4 people that cost €34.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hailo don't charge a callout fee, so they can work out cheaper depending on the length of your journey. I always use them if I'm heading into town (I live in Drumcondra) but I use 8202020 if I'm heading further afield. I can't see you getting cheaper than 20% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stefan Thor

Hi there,

I've tried to be overcharged for a taxi trip to the airport. My friend wrote a post about how to avoid this on http://dublin4you.ie/tips/avoid-spending-money-taxi/

You might find it interesting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Hi there,

I've tried to be overcharged for a taxi trip to the airport. My friend wrote a post about how to avoid this on http://dublin4you.ie/tips/avoid-spending-money-taxi/

You might find it interesting..

Im as Dublin as you can get and I often have non-national taxi drivers trying to give me "the shortest route". I kindly reply I have lived in Dublin for more than 20 years, you either follow the route I tell you or Ill knock €5 off the meter. I know I probably cant do that, but they give in and follow the way I tell them to go.

8202020 is amazing. Its quicker than waiting at a kerb trying to get a car. Particularly a 6 seater which can be impossible to find early in the morning

8202020 have stopped doing 20% off without even announcing it. Now they just do no call out charge, same as Hailo. I find Hailo far more reliable though, will always use them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

8202020 have stopped doing 20% off without even announcing it. Now they just do no call out charge, same as Hailo. I find Hailo far more reliable though, will always use them.

it was in the national press and advertised on radio, i personally heard it mant times on FM104's Strawberry Alarm Clock.

kceire wrote: »
    it was in the national press and advertised on radio, i personally heard it mant times on FM104's Strawberry Alarm Clock.

I never heard it but fair enough, thought they'd done it sneakily, I'd heard a few people saying the same!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I never heard it but fair enough, thought they'd done it sneakily, I'd heard a few people saying the same!

Here it is being discussed in November 2013

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057082824

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

hfallada wrote: »
    Im as Dublin as you can get and I often have non-national taxi drivers trying to give me "the shortest route". I kindly reply I have lived in Dublin for more than 20 years, you either follow the route I tell you or Ill knock €5 off the meter. I know I probably cant do that, but they give in and follow the way I tell them to go.

8202020 is amazing. Its quicker than waiting at a kerb trying to get a car. Particularly a 6 seater which can be impossible to find early in the morning

I don't think, nationality is an issue, tbh.

There is, as always, good ones and bad ones all over the place, and I know about 'national' taxi drivers, who overcharged friends and family members of mine. Instead of bringing them to the hotel via the shortest route, they got a sightseeing tour through Dublin and paid according to a taxi fare calculator between 7 and 10 Euro too much.

Advertisement