Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright violation discussion

Options
  • 28-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

Why is discussion of how to illegally watch streams tolerated in the Soccer forum. There exists a 100+ page thread on how to watch football matches without paying the relevant rights holders and I can't see how this is different to people mentioning torrents sites or sharing sky cards, both of which are not tolerated on this forum.

I've reported the post to the moderators concerned, but this seems to have been ignored.

Does Boards.ie tolerate some illegal viewing over the web, and not other forms?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm not familiar with the sites being discussed but from a quick look it seems that liveonlinefooty is a subscription based streaming service.

I would think that the service pays the necessary licensing fees and respects the required legal steps (such as possibly streaming "after the fact").

Apart from the whole thread, is there any post in particular that you take exception to or do you have proof that the streaming services in question are illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Also, just to add, you reported the post at 6pm today and started this thread at 8:40pm.

I'd hardly call that a report being ignored.

the mods may not have investigated yet.
    the mods may be discussing it right now.
    the mods may have decided that the report is not actionable because the services under discussion are legal and they have verified that for themselves.

closing this thread for now to let the mods do their job their way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement