Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An account for a US resident in order to be in a horse syndicate?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am a US resident. I have dual US-Irish citizenship.  I have friends and family in Ireland and it looks like I am going to become part of a horse syndicate in Ireland.  I tend to visit Ireland roughly once per year.

I have all my assets in the US right now.

What I would like to do is:
    1. open a checking (current?) account in Ireland.  Start off that account with some amount of money equal to a few thousand dollars.
    2. be able to write a handful of cheques (1-2) every quarter to cover expenses of the syndicate.  Likely a few hundred dollars/euro each quarter.
    3. periodically transfer (wire?) money from the US to Ireland to "top up" the account.

note that this account will be a personal account NOT the business account of the syndicate.

Is this possible?

If so, what would be the most economical way to do this?  (i.e. the minimum amount of fees, best exchange rates, etc).

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi badger99,

To open a new account with us you will need to contact the branch you wish to open an account with as it is as their discretion if they open a non resident account. You will then need to complete a new account application form and produce valid identification documentation, proof of true name and address.

For Name: Passport, Driving Licence, International Identity Card.

For Address: Utility bill, government document, etc issued within the last 6 months

You can find full information on our Personal Current Account here.

As you are based abroad, a financial advisor in the branch you decide to open an account with, can discuss the best and most suitable way for you to open an account.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement