Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spanish Supercup, Barcelona v Atletico Madrid - 10PM Kick Off

• 28-08-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭

1-1 in the first leg, return leg starts in about 15 minutes.

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas, Sanchez, Messi, Neymar

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Koke ,Suarez, Gabi, Arda Turan, Costa, Villa

Messi and Neymar up front, curious to see if it will live up to the hype.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Is this on the telly-box?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Couldn't find it, so not sure.

Would surprise me though, but then again I don't actually own a tv so not up to date with Irish tv stations ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

keith16 wrote: »
    Is this on the telly-box?

Sky Sports 4 mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Watching it on starstreams via Sky Sports 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

RasTa wrote: »
    Watching it on starstreams via Sky Sports 4

what the hell is starstreams?

• Advertisement

What a pass by Biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wow incredible pass from Busquets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Can't wait to see Costa lose the plot again. What a nut

Did Costa trip himself there ?

Ref has lost it. Two stupid yellow cards for Fabregas and Busquets, entirely undeserved.

• Advertisement

Oh wow, I don't believe that. Anyone who doubts Valdes take a look at that save, that was truly unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Barca outplayed there and a great save from Valdes keeps the score level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Oh wow, I don't believe that. Anyone who doubts Valdes take a look at that save, that was truly unbelievable.
    I've seen Peter Crouch score spectacular goals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Titus Bramble scored this goal once:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Anyone got a decent stream for this game? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Madrid very organised.

I've seen Peter Crouch score spectacular goals...

True, I haven't seen him do it as consistently though as Barcelona's long time number 1. He does nothing for 40 odd minutes but when called upon his concentration and reflexes are up to scratch. I've discussed at length on here how highly I rate him, I'll simply leave it at Barcelona have big gloves to fill when he moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

A fantastic save but doesn't prove any naysayers wrong. Fact is he is error prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Titus Bramble scored this goal once:

In true Sunderland style he scored that against us. Unbelievable. I had managed to blank that goal out too. I swear we're like a treatment center for footballers that wouldn't score in a barrel of fanny's.

Add Bramble to the prestigious list which contains Shola Ameobi, Ade Akinbiyi, DJ Campbell, Emile Heskey, Brian Deane, Julian Joachim, David Nugent, Brett Angell, and many, many more.

Another excellent stop for Valdes, nights like tonight you really realise the value of, what is the quintessentially perfect, Barcelona goalkeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I hate Mascherano.

Red card, fully deserved, swung his arm at him.

Stupid by Filipe Luis, catches Alces with an elbow off the ball in full view of the assistant referee.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lols Costa, looked like he was on the verge of knocking the ref out.

Cheap, dirty tactics now from a frustrated Atletico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Costa right in the refs face there, like an awesome heel.

I've only been watching since half time. Neymar has slipped at least three times now.

Penalty to Barca.

Messi thinks he's playing for Liverpool.

Penalty in the dying minutes for Barça, completely justified.

• Advertisement

Penalty! Pedro fouled after Barca manoeuvre Atletico all over the pitch in a flowing passing move.

Off the bar, ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Glad they missed that. Must be a load of fowl crap on the pitch with all the "slipping".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Does this go to ET/pens? Or do Barca win cause of the away goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Delighted.. Only because that Pedro lad is such a conman.

Arda now sent off :pac:

• Advertisement

Away goals count, so at this point Barça win it.

Barca win on away goals as it stands.

Fan on the pitch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Surely if Alves was actually caught with an elbow, the linesman would have flagged straight away? Did the ref not talk to the fourth official or something before sending him off? Don't think he ever consulted that lino.

Ref! -_-

Neymar was through on goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Here was me sitting looking forward to ET and penos... away goals in a domestic competition??? :confused:

Over two legs I feel it's deserved. Messi still a little bit off the pace but that should remedy itself with more game time. I don't know what was with the pitch tonight, the groundsman must have got it terribly wrong because there was slipping all over, Neymar alone must have reached double figures for slips. Valdes was supreme tonight, a towering display from the Catalonian keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

A towering display from your keeper should be enough to tell you it wasn't deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Atletico adopting a scummy approach to dealing with Barca, lucky not to have been reduced to 8/9 men. Stamp went unpunished and Costa should've seen red for squaring up to the referee. Few other things Atletico got away with also, thought Gabi should have at least gotten yellow for 2 of his challenges.

As for Barca, they don't look much different from last year. Still struggling to break teams down, and they look a pale shadow of the 2011 team. Early in the season I know, but can't see them winning the CL this year based on that. They still have the same problems as they had last year and Neymar is not the solution to them, regardless of whether or not he'll go on to be a superstar.

I watched the 5-0 win over Real in 2010 during the week and there is a huge difference with how those 2 teams played, despite the personnel largely being the same. The fluidity and off the ball movement back then was exceptional, not to mention the pressing. Big work needed to get back to that level, but personally I don't think it's possible. That was the greatest club side I've seen, this current Barca team however, are far from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

poor performance from Barca
    in these situations where they can't break down teams
    i think Tello would be a great option to use his pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I missed the first leg as I was travelling but on the basis of tonight Simeone is slowly but steadily closing the gap between Atleti and the top two.

They had the better chances until the penalty and had Barca rattled at times. There were some moments of great football to go with the physical approach, although they did lose the heads a bit towards the end. Arda's red card in particular was brainless. La Real away on Sunday was never going to be easy, now it's got a lot more complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cannot wait to see Atletico in the Champions league. They're a real quality side.
    Impressed by Barca's defensive organisation. Never thought I'd be saying that. But they looked far more coherent than they did at any point last season. I think Martino should try to give Iniesta the Xavi role. Save Xavi for the big games. Correct me if I'm wrong but Xavi has played in all Barca's games so far. That's madness!

Advertisement