Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup 2013/2014 Thread

Options
  • 28-08-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Away to Villa in 3rd round.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Considering the current first team have a 100% record in the PL and conceded no goals. I think we should put our 'weak' team in the league cup....

Friedel

Naughton - Chiriches - Kaboul - BAE

Sandro - Carroll

Lennon - Eriksen - Lamela

Defoe

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Was watchin the draw with my friends brother who'se a huge villa fan, two of us wearing jerseys...you couldnt write it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Kinda forgot about this game, and yikes its on tomorrow!
    Is it being televised?
    Does anyone care?

Surely a B-Team will suffice?
    Personally if we don't get through to the next round I'm not bothered.
    I know it's not the attitude to have but there's bigger priorities at stake.

With Chelsea on Saturday I'd say it will be a second string team. Also, AVB said players are most likely to pick up injuries two days after a match, so I doubt many from Sunday will play..... though I think one or two will have to.

Friedel

Naughton - Kaboul - Chiriches - Fryers

Sandro - Holtby

Kane - Lamela - Chadli (if fit)

Defoe

I'm assuming Lennon is still out?

I'm assuming Lennon is still out?

According to Physioroom.com Kaboul and Defoe aren't fit either?? :eek::eek:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'm sure there be extra cautious with Kaboul, wonder what Defoe picked up? I like that team DubPerryman. Seriously short up front, get you're boots on Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Are we home or away?

I agree on a 2nd string team but I wouldn't fancy that team to turn Villa over @ Villa park.

You'd have to wonder why AVB played ROSE v Tromso in the first place, looks a costly injury. Hopefully he's back soon.

The front 6 is pretty impressive. Cant wait to see more of Lamela, as well as seeing more of Holtby coming into some sort of form. As for Chadli - he'll need to start making an impression soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Ade back for this one really need to make full use of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Lads its year since it was the Carling cup, now the Capital One Cup haha. There is a League cup thread already set up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Brad Walker Dawson Roma Naughton Sandro Holtby Lamela Sig Dembele Soldado. Benteke out, Spurs 3-1 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

i think the timing of this is ridiculous, personally i would just play those who are fit and have been missing games like freidel and chiriches. play nauyghton as rb and kane up top and fill the rest with the u21's.

we cant be taking more risks with the chavs coming up next weekend.

i think the timing of this is ridiculous, personally i would just play those who are fit and have been missing games like freidel and chiriches. play nauyghton as rb and kane up top and fill the rest with the u21's.

we cant be taking more risks with the chavs coming up next weekend.

The timing is a bit crap alrite but I'd like to see a decent side out, our trophy cabinet is not exactly bulging these days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I've a feeling AVB is going to play a strong side

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

Hatch99 wrote: »
    The timing is a bit crap alrite but I'd like to see a decent side out, our trophy cabinet is not exactly bulging these days..

very true, i think avb again will be going all out for the europa and i'm sure we will have a lash at the fa cup. it's just this timing, avb has said he will be rotating but as he said it during complaining of the timing i took that as fielding a weak team. i could be wrong as usual though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think AVB would like to play a strong side but he doesn't want half a team crocked either he will change as much as he can.

Siggy on the bench after three games in a week Braad, Lamela, Kane, Holtby, Sandro all obvious choices to come in, Vlad probably to make a debut

Fryers a good shout to start as well I'd say Paulinhio will start with Sandro as Dembele will have played almost three full games in the week as well.

so

Brad
    Naughton--Dawson--Vlad--Fryers

---Sandro--Paulinhio
    Holtby

-Lamela--Ade/Defoe(if fit)--Kane

very true, i think avb again will be going all out for the europa and i'm sure we will have a lash at the fa cup. it's just this timing, avb has said he will be rotating but as he said it during complaining of the timing i took that as fielding a weak team. i could be wrong as usual though :D

I don't mind rotation, as in the first team players rotated, I'm just not mad about sticking out a team of kids, a couple maybe but not all of them

I think AVB would like to play a strong side but he doesn't want half a team crocked either he will change as much as he can.

Siggy on the bench after three games in a week Braad, Lamela, Kane, Holtby, Sandro all obvious choices to come in, Vlad probably to make a debut

Fryers a good shout to start as well I'd say Paulinhio will start with Sandro as Dembele will have played almost three full games in the week as well.

so

Brad
    Naughton--Dawson--Vlad--Fryers

---Sandro--Paulinhio
    Holtby

-Lamela--Ade/Defoe(if fit)--Kane

Looks good except for Daws, he had a great game yesterday would rather we rest him for the Chelsea game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Looks good except for Daws, he had a great game yesterday would rather we rest him for the Chelsea game

Def rest Dawson and also Paulino.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Our only conciliation here is that Villa have a load of injuries going into this game.Benteke and Agbonlahor are out along with a few more and I don't think Lambert will risk any player with a slight injury against us tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The new guy that came on for Benteke when he got injured at the weekend is supposed to be quite dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

is it on the box tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I would take a look at our bench at Cardiff and suggest most of these will start. Friedel, Chiriches, Fryers, Lamela, Holtby, Sandro and Kane.

Definitely an ideal away game introduction for Lamela. Kane impressed in his cameo on Sunday and merits a start too. Sandro & Holtby both needing games. Chiriches might get a nod with Vertz at the back. Fryers at LB and Naughton RB.

Dawson, Dembele, Paulinho all due a rest. If Defoe ain't available he might start Soldado just to get him back on the score sheet...

nipps wrote: »

no but you'll get it online

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Capitol One Highlights on UTV at 11.30 or 12.30 tonight.

nipps wrote: »

Keep an eye on http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=221525&part=sports

"There are 28 stations announced to broadcast this match."

Sadly SS are showing Swindon v Chelsea.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 10m
    Team v Aston Villa - Friedel (c), Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Fryers, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela, Holtby, Kane, Defoe.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 8m
    Our subs tonight - Gomes, Dawson, Naughton, Chadli, Dembele, Townsend, Soldado

Happy enough with that except for Verts and Paulinho who i feel should be rested. Lots of players getting some much needed game time, Chiriches, Fryers, Sandro, Lamela, Holtby, Kane and Defoe, important ones rested

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

would like to have seen naughton instead of walker and paulinho given a rest. apart from that its a good lineup

I think Vertz has a good natural fitness and maybe Paulinho needs games to help him acclimatise?

Good side, should win comfortably;)

Kane too slow there, lovely ball from Lamela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Can someone pm me a thingy pls

Advertisement