Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup 2013/2014 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

What a balls up .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

AVB's back line was too high, while Sherwood defence is leaving massive space between them and the midfield. Any half decent team would have really punished us tonight.

The sooner we can start with to actual centre backs the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Holtby has been poor too, most passes intercepted

they were all poor.same muck different manager.load of possession,no clear cut chances then woeful at the back.we need a defence coach,they're all over the shop

Glebee wrote: »
    How in the name of god are we so far up the league table..

Thanks to AVB! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

With the injury list growing longer we could be looking at a downward spiral for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

It was a little shocking seeing Holtby coming on for Ade when we were only 1-0 up. Quite negative, paying for it now.

Yep Soldado should have been brought on, if we've learned anything this season it's Defoe can't hold up the ball.

Can't blame Sherwood, he's a greenhorn. Blame Levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

why the fcuk did we take off ade he was playing well and holding up the ball as soon as he went off we where back to the same ****e we were playing all season and as soon as they got back to 1-1 i just knew they would win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

It might be a loss but it was a more entertaining loss than it would have been under avb imo

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

If we won tonight it would have glossed over the cracks that are plain to see. Sherwood is a youth/pub team coach for a reason.

If Levy feels that he has made the correct decision on the appointmets (baldy) and sackings (AVB) then he better put someone with a proven record in place to kick on.

If he starts penny pinching at this stage the our goose is cooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

It might be a loss but it was a more entertaining loss than it would have been under avb imo

Plus at least we actually scored.. That must be a positive;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

You know I am really at a breaking point with this club right now. We have gone from a decent club challenging the big boys 2 years ago to a laughing stock once again. Thank you Mr. Levy, I think I need a Spurs break. Have a good Christmas guys and take your minds off this shambles of a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

a loss is a loss.at home to relegation fodder west ham.again. joke shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

**** performance after first 20 min but I am pleased we are out of this competition. Who needs a 2 leg semi against possibly Man U r City.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Dp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

KingdomYid wrote: »
    You know I am really at a breaking point with this club right now. We have gone from a decent club challenging the big boys 2 years ago to a laughing stock once again. Thank you Mr. Levy, I think I need a Spurs break. Have a good Christmas guys and take your minds off this shambles of a club.

Ah your only codding yourself, I don't think us fans come with an on/off switch. Although I turned on the music and finished off the crate I had during the pool game Sunday, turned on the TV Monday to hear AVB got sacked, then I just remembered we played and got hammered by Pool Sunday.

KingdomYid wrote: »

Hear, hear. One step forward, three steps back. We're the new Liverpool. Fcuking embarrassing. Levy has a lot to answer for. I'm sick of it.

The most annoying aspect is we were in control , and then 2 substitutions ade and Townsend changed the game, not really Sherwood's fault he is caretaker and that is all not a miracle worker, the decision to change holtby for ade goes a long way to proving he is not premier league management material yet.

Chadli for Townsend was the obvious choice and could have paid off if chadli had of scored when he should.

We need someone with a good football brain to come in and steady the ship, I don't think many of us could stomach arry, but in all honesty he worked until his ego got the better of him.

Who it's going to be is anyone's guess but it may happen soon or we are going to slip down the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

One positive is that it cuts the season by at least 2 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

At some point the players must stand up and take the blame. Maybe they just are not good enough, im beging to think that no matter who is in charge its going to be the same old crap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

curraghyid wrote: »
    The most annoying aspect is we were in control , and then 2 substitutions ade and Townsend changed the game, not really Sherwood's fault he is caretaker and that is all not a miracle worker, the decision to change holtby for ade goes a long way to proving he is not premier league management material yet.

Chadli for Townsend was the obvious choice and could have paid off if chadli had of scored when he should.

We need someone with a good football brain to come in and steady the ship, I don't think many of us could stomach arry, but in all honesty he worked until his ego got the better of him.

Who it's going to be is anyone's guess but it may happen soon or we are going to slip down the table.

this club was coasting towards top 4 year in year out until levy sacked first jol and then harry. I'm getting ****ing sick of him, anyone would swear he was actually an arsenal fan out to do us harm....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

when townsend was injured it was obvious to put holtby on and let siggy out left... and thus not waste a sub .. very poor management i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

curraghyid wrote: »

Can you really make one substitution a criteria for judging whether a manager can cut it at this level? Not saying Sherwood has but any manager could have made that sub and it's not necessarily the sole factor that cost the team the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Glebee wrote: »
    At some point the players must stand up and take the blame. Maybe they just are not good enough, im beging to think that no matter who is in charge its going to be the same old crap
    A new manager can come in and get players to play as a cohesive unit not the bunch of strangers we seen tonight and all since the start of the season.
    I think levy/lewis should be doing all they can to coax the ex Bayern munich manager, heynckes, out of retirement

3ships wrote: »
    when townsend was injured it was obvious to put holtby on and let siggy out left

Yeah, I was immediately thinking Eriksen on in the centre and Siggy out on the wing. 6 of one half a dozen of the other - but how some TS couldn't see that?

I don't understand whats going on at our club anymore.

We have been 4/5th for the last few seasons. We looked to be building under AVB. Granted some of the football resembled a turd but signing seven new players and recalling two loanees in Rose and Townsend was always gonna take some time.

It feels like Levy is listening to Baldini and he hasn't learnt from his mistake of listening to Comoli.

What direction are we going in? Languish mid table under Sher-dinand and hopefully avoid going into free-fall? What a great fcuking plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I don't understand whats going on at our club anymore.

We have been 4/5th for the last few seasons. We looked to be building under AVB. Granted some of the football resembled a turd but signing seven new players and recalling two loanees in Rose and Townsend was always gonna take some time.

It feels like Levy is listening to Baldini and he hasn't learnt from his mistake of listening to Comoli.

What direction are we going in? Languish mid table under Sher-dinand and hopefully avoid going into free-fall? What a great fcuking plan.

Could not agree more-give baldini the job or turf him out!!
    Get away from this sporting director nonsense.
    And while we're at it w.t.f is Joe Lewis' job at the club??
    As an owner does he have no say in how Levy is running the club?

Can you really make one substitution a criteria for judging whether a manager can cut it at this level? Not saying Sherwood has but any manager could have made that sub and it's not necessarily the sole factor that cost the team the game.

We were ahead and had the game under control, adebeyor was getting on the ball and holding it up, once he went off the game changed. Townsend was a great outlet chadli didn't have the same impact but that was an enforced change not much could be done.

But come on we all know how good and strong adebeyor is when he wants to play( I would be one of his biggest detractors) and holtby can't do what adebeyor was doing. Adebeyor was a big worry for the west ham defence as soon as he came off there was only Defoe to worry about .

So your right it's not the sole factor but it was a factor and that's were managers come in they make the small adjustments during the game to get over the line when a game is in the balance , make the wrong call and you lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sick. Not sure what else to say , really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

pathetic... you's swear that the manager had never managed a team before.. oh hang on:p

The more I think about it the more im inclined to think that AVB told levy/baldini to stick the job up their holes when they start questioning on field activities. and if this was happening he was right to. Levy would never have sacked him without having a replacement lined up.
    Its embarrassing to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

By the beard of Zeus!!! Is this the spurs supporters forum 'cos I could swear I just read 5 pages of ppl finally beginning to blame Levy... 'bout fu(king time!!

Levy Out!

Advertisement