Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup 2013/2014 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Good result. Tired looking team near the end but fair play to Holtby, Lamela and Defoe running and closing down space up to the last minute. Yids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Honestly think Defoe is in better form than Soldado at the moment.

Soldado does an awful lot of work of the ball, pulling the defense out of shape. He's unlucky not to have scored, he's been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Thats a poor Villa team. Spurs good for the win though. Some good footie played in the first half.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Defoe looks determined to make a claim for a starting place, some lovely weighted passes made by him. I think he deserves to start. Even better, another clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Not too shabby at all. Nice to see us scoring four, great for the confidence.

• Advertisement

Holtby, 4 assists in 2 starts, Lucky Lewis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Holtby, 4 assists in 2 starts, Lucky Lewis

Yep, much improved. Fair play to him

Can't wait for Saturday, Bring it on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Amazing stats for 9 games.

Played 9 Won 8 Lost 1

Goals for 20 Goals against 1

I've been a Spurs fan since 1967 and I can't remember ever having 8 clean sheets in 9 games or ever having a goal difference like that (although it would be nice of the goal difference was mainly in the league rather than mainly in cup matches).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

abff wrote: »
    Amazing stats for 9 games.

Played 9 Won 8 Lost 1

Goals for 20 Goals against 1

I've been a Spurs fan since 1967 and I can't remember ever having 8 clean sheets in 9 games or ever having a goal difference like that (although it would be nice of the goal difference was mainly in the league rather than mainly in cup matches).

Yeah its been an impressive start alright. of course it would be nicer to have the goal difference in the league. but still four clean sheets in five is awesome and ill take one nils in the league all season long

• Advertisement

Fair play to Defoe, I havn't always good to say about him. Hope he can keep up his scoring form. Not a big fan of this competition but its great game time for a lot of players and gives AVB lots to think of when selecting his first eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Gerry91 wrote: »
    This is surely ye're best start in years?

Point on sat v Chelsea and ye're top- for an afternoon at least ;)

It's an excellent start alright. It's the results but also the manner of the performances from certain players and the team. The strength in depth is something else - only 3 players started tonight that started at the weekend.

The Chelsea game will be very interesting and on current form I don't see any reason why Spurs can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Didn't see the game but did see the goals,the Villa keeper was poor enough for 3 of them to be fair,great to win again and keep another clean sheet.Looking forward now to a huge game on Saturday,bring on the chavs and we'll see what we're made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

By the way how did Chiriches play tonight?

Mixed bag, carried the ball well but gave it away a bit. Looks a player going forward. He, Vertz and Kaboul all good ball carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

tippspur wrote: »
    Didn't see the game but did see the goals,the Villa keeper was poor enough for 3 of them to be fair,great to win again and keep another clean sheet.Looking forward now to a huge game on Saturday,bring on the chavs and we'll see what we're made of.

Keeper only poor for the Chadli goal. No chance for any of the others. This is a team and a manager on a serious roll forward. Best start in my living memory and that is over 45 years of supporting the team. We should be very capable of taking it forward again on Saturday against Chelsea. Who knows what the starting team will be and frankly does it really matter with the confidence level of each and every player evident for all to see. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

tippspur wrote: »
    By the way how did Chiriches play tonight?

Bit nervy, as you would expect, looked more comfortable going forward. Similar to Vertonghen in that respect, decent prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Hull at home next..that'll do pig..that'll do.

Hull at home next..that'll do pig..that'll do.

Should be easy get the ball off Hudd, he'll prob give it to us. Livermore won't be available

Just read on FB that we'll be playing Hull twice in a week

Penalty shoot out. Come on you Baggies!

• Advertisement

Dammit Baggies, Gooners get Chavski next round though

Dammit Baggies, Gooners get Chavski next round though

Still, at least one of them will be gone after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great draw for us. 2 from Chelsea Arsenal Newcastle and Man City will be gone come the last 8....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

For anyone thinking of going over...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/capital-one-cup-hull-date-confirmed-270913/?

The Hull match is on Wednesday the 30th.

Expect a fair amount of rotation with Lamela & Adebayor starting hopefully.

Capoue was training with the first team today, forgot that beast is due back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Expect a fair amount of rotation with Lamela & Adebayor starting hopefully.

Capoue was training with the first team today, forgot that beast is due back soon!

Yes hopefully the lads who haven't been starting step up and impress, great chance to get to the last 8. Capoue will be a great addidtion to bring back in to the squad, he was quite impressive before the injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Yes hopefully the lads who haven't been starting step up and impress, great chance to get to the last 8. Capoue will be a great addidtion to bring back in to the squad, he was quite impressive before the injury.

He was our best player in the first few games in fairness to him. Hull will play the exact same team probably and will want to win this.

I think we should play a strong team for this one

mickman wrote: »
    He was our best player in the first few games in fairness to him. Hull will play the exact same team probably and will want to win this.

I think we should play a strong team for this one

I would rather we play as many fringe players as we can with a tough game away to Everton coming up this week end.

According to the Express, Kaboul is out of tonights game with adducter problem. What is this and is it some connection to his long term injury? Would be sad to lose him as he is also in the final year of his contract I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Kaboul was having knee issues, wasn't he? I guess they could be related as the abductor is in your thigh. I wonder how long he's going to be out for.

Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.PNG

Advertisement