Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup 2013/2014 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great penalty Walker, very cool

YAY!! Beaten our penalty duck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Yes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

What happened. my ****ing stream went after walker scored...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Woo!!

• Advertisement

Friedel saved a poor penalty by the same guy who gave away the peno at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Every peno was very good except Lamelas. Now to get revenge on the Hammers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Glebee wrote: »
    What happened. my ****ing stream went after walker scored...

Mine too. Switched to basketball.

We're playing West Ham in the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

At home to West Ham in the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Agh that smell of Wembley around the corner.......get in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I knew he'd miss, what the fcuk are they letting him take one for !

banned for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

haha we won a shootout after all these years (United, PSV, Basel). COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Can't believe we won a penalty shoot out at long last it's some relief.at least the crowd were entertained tonight and responded well.

United, City & Chelsea all away in the next round, nice.

First shoot out win since 1994. Lost the previous 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

United, City & Chelsea all away in the next round, nice.

First shoot out win since 1994. Lost the previous 7.

:D happy days, nice straightforward win :D

Revenge time against the hammers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hopefully Kaboul is really on his way back. A really big boost to us if he is. Harry Kane has scored and hit the woodwork. Great goal by Siggy. Plenty of players rested. Not a night for complaints except one, we had a couple of injuries and my complaint is Walker playing 120 mins, he should be rested more in these games.

Pity Lamela missed, I felt he really put in the effort at times tonight, a goal would have been a good boost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Have to agree about Lamela,he showed some glimpses tonight of what he can do,it didn't always work out for him but at least he tried hard,more to come from him hopefully.Harry Kane impressed me tonight I have to say,I had kind of written him off as a future Spurs player but now I'm thinking he could be an asset to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I knew he'd miss, what the fcuk are they letting him take one for !

Maybe he asked? Maybe if he had of scored it would of done his confidence no harm. Not exactly the champion league final at stake...is it?

Delighted to have gotten through to the next round, payback for the humiliation a few weeks back.

Can't wait for the Everton game on Sunday, a proper test to see how far we've come as a group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Is Harry Kane a better option now than Defoe?

celt262 wrote: »

Yes, I'm sick of Defoe, never looks up, not good enough to hold the ball up, always shoots. He's now even taken to shooting from outside the box. Wastes lots of attacks, greedy fcuker, not a team player

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Defoe has been great for us over the years but he isnt the way forward. Everything breaksdown when he gets it. He always shoots and contary to popular belief he isnt a great finsher, he always just smacks it

We should try and cash in in Jan if Ade comes back in. or we buy another stiker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

at least we got through this game, we should be looking to win this cup.

i thought lamela grew in confidence a lot tonight and then he missed a penalty which will bring him back down again.

defoe was shocking , we made paul mcshane look like a fine player

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the penalty kicks last night. Lamela's was the weakest but the keeper guessed the right way, otherwise it would've gone in. Every other penalty was excellent.

I felt a bit for Defoe last night. Yes he is greedy but the amount of times a pass was played just slightly behind him or off target, he looked very frustrated. Delighted Lamela put a good shift in and as mentioned, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

celt262 wrote: »

He looked good last night, fair play to him taking his chance. One goal disallowed, one scored and one off the bar. On another night he could have had a hat trick. There was a lot of talk of him going on loan in January.

Seems to offer a lot more than Defoe. Defoe seemed to be getting in the way, just waiting for the ball to have a shot. Never thinks about who's making runs around him. Ship him off to Toronto!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

He looked good last night, fair play to him taking his chance. One goal disallowed, one scored and one off the bar. On another night he could have had a hat trick. There was a lot of talk of him going on loan in January.

Seems to offer a lot more than Defoe. Defoe seemed to be getting in the way, just waiting for the ball to have a shot. Never thinks about who's making runs around him. Ship him off to Toronto!

I was thinking the same myself, with the type of player we have, we need someone upfront they can play with, Defoe (although I like the guy) isn't the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Great to see Kaboul back, and Vlad looks the business as well, he's really got stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Anyone else worried we couldn't beat a Hull reserve side over 120 minutes at home?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried we couldn't beat a Hull reserve side over 120 minutes at home?:eek:

Extremely. We has a strong enough team out last night but performances seem to be going from bad to worse. Spurs really need to learn how to break a team down that sits back and defends. I thought after we went 1 up we would cruise but did not happen. As far as I can see the majority of premiership teams are going to come to WHL and sit back and let us come on to them unless we get better at unlocking defenses.

Advertisement