Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages

Options
  • 28-08-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its a strict criteria to have a permanent contract to get a mortgage I know with aib it is bit what about the others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Effectively yes, everywhere.

If you're doing contracting through a company you may be able to be classed as self-employed but if its salaried, you're not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In the current climate- yes, it is one of the strict criteria they apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

We've been pretty lucky - OH is full-time with good salary but I'm self-employed with a one main contract, which I've been working on over a year, and we got a mortgage quite recently.

What tipped the scales in our favour was the fact that the company I have the contract with have tried hiring me as PAYE a couple of times and wrote a letter to the lender to state as such - the contract is also likely to be renewed indefinitely.

We also had a fantastic advisor - which may have helped.

Advertisement