Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outlaw

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all - anyone done the outlaw full distance tri before ?

It opened for entries yesterday for july 2014 with 1400 places - 1000 places have been taken already.

Seems like a well run event - interested to hear from anyone who has done it before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

• Registered Users Posts: 17 splurge

Thanks for that Catweazle.

A very good report, and a cracking time!

Any ideas why there is such little interest in it over here ?

It's less than half the price of IMUK but yet is a big event which seems to get good support and a good atmosphere and sells out really quickly.

They have a half distance event which is held about 6 weeks before the full distance. It is in its second year and sold out 1400 places in 24 hours! - incredible demand.

Strongly thinking of giving the full distance a bash !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i imagine for most people, if going out of the country they're looking at one of teh big European races, roth for example. if going to the uk, i'd say more target the IM branded races. The outlaw has neither the location, weather, or teh big brand. that said, i quite like the look of it, it's definitely on my radar for the half at least first

Thats interesting that you think it comes back to the old IM brand loyalty thing again !

Location seems excellent to me - 20 \ 30 mins from east midlands airport, or bring the car and its only a 3 hour drive from Holyhead.

At the end of July odds for decent weather are ok - 30 degrees plus there on race day this year.

Course seems tough but still relatively fast - time will tell :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

splurge wrote: »
    Thats interesting that you think it comes back to the old IM brand loyalty thing again !

Location seems excellent to me - 20 \ 30 mins from east midlands airport, or bring the car and its only a 3 hour drive from Holyhead.

At the end of July odds for decent weather are ok - 30 degrees plus there on race day this year.

Course seems tough but still relatively fast - time will tell :)

that;s just my opinion. anyone i know going to the UK this year going long is doing an IM race. (will be tracking my local tri show owner in IM wales as he chases a kona spot).

by location i meant more the backdrop than the ease to get to. and by weather, sure, nice day this year, but the uk climate far from guarantees that every year

• Advertisement

Fair enough

IM wales seems to be a good one for anyone looking to chase a Kona spot OK, about as unappealing a location for that time of year as you can get combined with a tough course - not too popular with the masses of Europeans who want their nice warm weather and fast roads !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Eurosport showed highlights of the 2012 race this morning and Channel 4 are showing highlights of the 2013 race this sunday at 7 30am.Seems like a well run event in an easy to get to venue and looks like its going to fill up in the next day or so.

The highlights of last year are on Channel 4 at 7:30 on Sunday morning - will probably be on CH4OD after that.

I have since signed up for the full so looking forward to it and will hopefully be able to give it a thumbs up next July !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BarCanTri

If you want a perspective of a slow participant on 2013's event i have done a race report here:
    http://www.msctri.com/index.php/news
    I would definitely recommend it and would love to do it again but it was my first so can't compare it to any other branded events. If you have any questions i would be glad to help out.

Advertisement