Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple iphone exchange

• 28-08-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

My iPhone 5's power button is giving bother so I rang apple and have them credit card details for the €29 swap option and they also put a hold on my car of €800 for the value of the phone today.
    My question is when UPS arrive with the replacement phone will be want to take away the old phone there and then it leave me a box and I have the old phone ready for them in a day or so?

The support guy on the phone today told me it has to be taken away there and then which I taught was not the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

jamesd wrote: »
    My iPhone 5's power button is giving bother so I rang apple and have them credit card details for the €29 swap option and they also put a hold on my car of €800 for the value of the phone today.
    My question is when UPS arrive with the replacement phone will be want to take away the old phone there and then it leave me a box and I have the old phone ready for them in a day or so?

The support guy on the phone today told me it has to be taken away there and then which I taught was not the way.

They'll leave you with both iPhones & a box to send the broken one back to apple.

Then once apple recieve the broken one back the release the funds they've frozen on your credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You have 10 days from the day you get your new phone to return the old one. Once over the 10 days they will charge the full price to your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

From my experience if your paying the €29 extra for the express option UPS
    want to take back the broken iPhone when they deliver the other one.

Maybe the guy was just doing me a favour so i didn't have to ring him and he
    show up again to collect it an hour or two later (as he was in the area)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ups left the new phone for me in work so ill get it tomorrow and get the new one back to them for Monday collection.

Advertisement