Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to setup multiple monitors off a laptop, possible?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 12:11am

I have a new laptop running win 8. What I want to do is share the display between 2 x 22in monitors.

There is the usual single video out connection for sharing the display with an additional monitor. What I want to know is, is it possible to share the display with 2 monitors, not just one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You mentioned that it's a new laptop so I'm going to assume that it has a HDMI port for the external display.

If you want to show the same image on two external displays then what you need is a HDMI splitter, something like this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HS12-Splitter-Performing-TECHNOLOGY/dp/B005FQMUE8

yeah its got hdmi

To clarify, I am looking to have my desktop screen split across 2 monitors

What we use in work is like a vga splitter but its laggy as hell.

HDMI would probably be a better option. One option I came across was this from Matrox but its way more than I want to spend (160 eur approx) but maybe someone here might know of a cheaper version somewhere. The small laptop screen (17") is headwrecking to use in the evenings when I spend the day using 2 x 22 inch monitors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You'll need a USB Graphics adapter (but don't expect any performance miracles).

Advertisement