Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC World Ipad repair question

• 29-08-2013 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

I cracked my iPad 3 glass (not the LCD) and am planning to get it repaired under my PC World coverplan. Problem is that it's jailbroken mainly so I can use XBMC on it. Does anyone know if PC World will send it back to Apple for repair (in which case they might not touch it due to jailbreak even though it just has a broken screen) or if they do the repair themselves. Hopefully if it's done in house they won't wipe it as I'd then be forced to upgrade to 6.1.3 which unjailbreakable. If it went to Apple and they agreed to repair it I'd more than likely end up with a refurb and hence no jailbreak:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If it is less than a year old, you are pretty much guaranteed to have it sent off to Apple afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Sorry forgot to mentio it's more than a year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is it just the XMBC app on the iPad that you want? If so then this will work without a jailbreak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

PC world have their own forum in boards - you could ask them directly there?

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1333

“Roll it back”

Lots of XBMC remote apps but I'm pretty sure that a jailbreak is needed to run XBMC itself. PC world boards.ie forum has been closed for a while now.

• Advertisement

Well just popped into PC world and the know how guy there said that they usually just send out a replacement ipad as screen repairs are uneconomic. Also when I took it out of its (crappy!) case one of the aluminium corners is pretty badly damaged so it would be even more uneconomic to repair. So looks like I'll be losing my jailbreak :(

Advertisement