Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albion saddles

Options
  • 29-08-2013 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

I sent a mail off to Albion 3 weeks ago about this and am still waiting on a response, so thought I would ask here in case anyone knows the answer!

I'm using a borrowed Albion Legend 5000 GP on my horse and we both love it. However I can't find one anywhere to buy - seems it's now an obsolete model. The Legend K2 GP seems similar but it doesn't feel quite right - tried an older model K2 from the saddler but I wasn't 100% with it. Does anyone know if the newer Tzar is a modern reworking of the 5000? Or should I try another K2? Ahhhhh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Ring Goodwins in Mulhuddart!! they should be able to help - I had a custom albion ordered through them.
    Valentina wrote: »
    I sent a mail off to Albion 3 weeks ago about this and am still waiting on a response, so thought I would ask here in case anyone knows the answer!

I'm using a borrowed Albion Legend 5000 GP on my horse and we both love it. However I can't find one anywhere to buy - seems it's now an obsolete model. The Legend K2 GP seems similar but it doesn't feel quite right - tried an older model K2 from the saddler but I wasn't 100% with it. Does anyone know if the newer Tzar is a modern reworking of the 5000? Or should I try another K2? Ahhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ghostrider11

yes the Tzar is the new model of the legend. there are two K2 models, there is a K2 GP and a K2 Jump not sure which one you actually tried, Goodwins are the supplier in Ireland for Albion. They have a fitting service also its 50euro( i think) and they will come out to you to measure the horse and make any adjustments . I have a Albion K2 jump( second hand) and I love it. Bring a large cheque to goodwins if you are looking for a new one you will not get change out of €1500-1600.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

there are a few Albion Legend saddles for sale on donedeal and adverts.ie at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

yes the Tzar is the new model of the legend. there are two K2 models, there is a K2 GP and a K2 Jump not sure which one you actually tried, Goodwins are the supplier in Ireland for Albion. They have a fitting service also its 50euro( i think) and they will come out to you to measure the horse and make any adjustments . I have a Albion K2 jump( second hand) and I love it. Bring a large cheque to goodwins if you are looking for a new one you will not get change out of €1500-1600.

Thanks Ghostrider! I tried the K2 GP but it felt too narrow. I actually phoned Albion this morning and they confirmed the Tzar is basically a facelift model of the 5000 and has a wider twist than the K2. I've sourced a secondhand Tzar to trial so fingers crossed it works out! They are the most comfortable saddles I've ever ridden in.

I was in Goodwins last week and they only had one Albion in stock and it was out on trial with a customer.

Advertisement