Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 26), August 30-31, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Actually quietly confident about getting something out of Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Catch yerself on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry away to Cork, if we play anything like we did v Bluebell, we will get nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Not confident of getting anything out of Shamrock, not confident at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Derry do well at the Cross. I would take a draw. Can't wait as it only 2nd league game at home in about 6-7 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Hoping Drogs continue their good run of form. Think Fabio is suspended for this so others will have to step up. 3-1 Drogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We havent played well in a while now but defending well and scoring.

usual must win etc dont care how, thankfully Mulcahy isnt playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

This could be another bad weekend for us

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't see us getting anything against Pats, especially minus Mulcahy, who's been heroic in a lot of our bigger results.

Bray and Shels have a good chance of picking up something from their games. Dundalk should have too much for UCD, but they've an irritating habit of picking up points in unlikely games.

Be very happy if we're still in 10th come Saturday.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Difficult game on Friday especially with Mulcahy suspended. I wonder if Heary will play. Could do with an experienced head in a game like this.

Pats are a very organised team and are relentlessly churning out results. I'm not too confident and the week's break after the Rovers result may see some of the confidence and momentum slip away from us.

I'd take a point right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Your lot played well when you beat us in Oriel earlier on in the season. Your home form is pretty dodgy though and we are very good away from home. We're also in great form (W10 L1 D1 in last 12 games). Hopeful we can sneak a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd jump at a draw now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very difficult to see us picking up anything at Richmond. Pats tore us apart last time we played them. I wouldn't be too unhappy if we lost, if it meant Shels and Bray did likewise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good chance for Drogheda to rule themselves out of any problems and a chance for three points that has to be taken by Shels. McDonnell has more than enough to outmanoeuvre Croly, he nearly did it in his first game when he didn't know the players' names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'd jump at a draw now.

Onto the pitch? A one man pitch invasion? Class ;)

Anyway, I would be happy with a draw myself, I suppose.

If Shels set out the same way they did vs us they will do well vs Rovers. If Rovers thump them clearly Shels raising their game vs us :D

We lack the Croly factor this year hence scoring vs teams that sit back and defending well most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If Shels set out the same way they did vs us they will do well vs Rovers. If Rovers thump them clearly Shels raising their game vs us :D

We have Lee Murphy back for this (wouldn't have done a Burdon for the goal anyways) but missing Cronin! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Please do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We lack the Croly factor this year hence scoring vs teams that sit back and defending well most of the time.

One of my favourite things this season outside of Pat's has been the Croly Factor. It's been epically hilarious!

Pighead wrote: »
    Your lot played well when you beat us in Oriel earlier on in the season. Your home form is pretty dodgy though and we are very good away from home. We're also in great form (W10 L1 D1 in last 12 games). Hopeful we can sneak a win.

All the signs point to a Dundalk win I'll admit. Just have this horrible optimistic feeling in the back of my mind with both Langtry and Kavanagh back from suspension (though I think Hugh Douglas is suspended for this). If we can continue our great run of scoring from set pieces (and obviously have a bit of luck at the back) I think we can nick a draw.

Think it could be a great match. Only yourselves, Pats and Derry have scored more than us this season (and no one's conceded more :o) and we've had an average of 3.8 goals per game this season. Now all we need is more fans to go with that entertainment!

• Advertisement

We have Lee Murphy back for this (wouldn't have done a Burdon for the goal anyways) but missing Cronin! :mad:

I have some hopes in Robert Bayly...as long as nobody winds him up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gonna miss the visit of the HardyHars tonight. I think we are safe from relegation. I expect Derry to beat us. Im still sulking over the manner of the sacking last month.

Humbug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can't see us getting too much out of the pats game tonight. But sure, i'll head down anyway. We weren't entirely **** the last time we played them there IIRC; Pats do look decent at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I have some hopes in Robert Bayly...as long as nobody winds him up :rolleyes:

Bohs fans look at this in a similar manner to how Shels fans saw Bohs fans being optimistic about Anto Murphy.

Bayly has to be the worst midfielder I ever saw play for Bohs. Mark O'Brien may have been but nobody ever actually saw him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

All the signs point to a Dundalk win I'll admit. Just have this horrible optimistic feeling in the back of my mind with both Langtry and Kavanagh back from suspension (though I think Hugh Douglas is suspended for this). If we can continue our great run of scoring from set pieces (and obviously have a bit of luck at the back) I think we can nick a draw.

Think it could be a great match. Only yourselves, Pats and Derry have scored more than us this season (and no one's conceded more :o) and we've had an average of 3.8 goals per game this season. Now all we need is more fans to go with that entertainment!

well you will have that tonight - at least 400 from dundalk travelling.

bohsman wrote: »
    Bohs fans look at this in a similar manner to how Shels fans saw Bohs fans being optimistic about Anto Murphy.

Bayly has to be the worst midfielder I ever saw play for Bohs. Mark O'Brien may have been but nobody ever actually saw him play.

Don't know, if I speak for the majority of Shels supporters, but I think, Bayly improved quite a lot, just a pity, he got that injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can't wait to shoot up in to Inchicore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Are the lads still doing the commentary in Inchicore

Just tried searching ustream with no joy

Anyone got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not confident of anything tonight. I think relegation looms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pats one nil up here. Its pretty shockin stuff from bohs so far.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dinny Equalises for Bohs, Shels grab one back to make it 2-1, Dundalk 1-0 against UCD and Drogs and Bray drawing. Tension at both ends of the table.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Top of the League! Who would have thought it possible after last seasons fiasco - if Derry could only just find some form on Tuesday night...

HUGE point for Bohs tonight, really didn't expect anything out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That's what happens when you let Rovers fans ref their own games. Despicable stuff. Let me ref the Derry game on Sat and you'll get a similar outcome. Rovers are dung and Quigley is hilarious.

Didnt deserve a point tbh, punished for the backpass and bohs deserved to win the 2nd half.

Thank **** Russell is back on tuesday and we have our proper midfield for the 1st time in 14 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

CSF wrote: »
    That's what happens when you let Rovers fans ref their own games. Despicable stuff. Let me ref the Derry game on Sat and you'll get a similar outcome. Rovers are dung and Quigley is hilarious.

I don't know how Doyle can manage Rovers tbh. He's so biased it's unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Didnt deserve a point tbh, punished for the backpass and bohs deserved to win the 2nd half.

Thank **** Russell is back on tuesday and we have our proper midfield for the 1st time in 14 games.

What end were the goals scored in?

BOHtox wrote: »
    I don't know how Doyle can manage Rovers tbh. He's so biased it's unreal!

Always seemed wrong to me that he could, but I had to see it to fully believe it. Hope those stolen points don't come back to haunt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

4 top drawer goals by City tonight. You would find it hard to see many better goals in any stadium in the world as some of the finishes I have seen at Cross this season.

Good crowd too. Scoreline was bit harsh on Derry to be fair but we were better team. They had perfect goal disallowed too from what I see when 2-0 down

Always seemed wrong to me that he could, but I had to see it to fully believe it. Hope those stolen points don't come back to haunt us.

Gave a farcical penalty decision against us earlier on in the season when we played them.

• Advertisement

Gave a farcical penalty decision against us earlier on in the season when we played them.

The man is blatantly cheating, but I mean who can blame him. What would you do if you were allowed ref Bohs games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Jesus lads put away the tin foil hats.

BOHtox wrote: »
    What end were the goals scored in?

Both into the inchicore end, 1st was a slick passing move finsihed by Kavanagh.

Yours was a sloppy backpass that Corcoran got onto and pretty much scored from the byline, Clarke was caught out and he rounded him easy.

decent amount of bohs fans there tonight 1811 i reckon 450 bohs fans.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Jesus lads put away the tin foil hats.

Come on now, there's no paranoia here. What would you do if you got to ref a Drogs game?

Firstly, Dundalk fully deserved the win.
    But sweet jesus what is it with referees and us this season? Mick Kelly comes on for Mick Leahy and amazingly the referee says he's not allowed and gives him a yellow. As far as I could see he wasn't stopped from coming on by the 4th official which surely should be his job. 2 or 3 minutes later he gets a second yellow for a nothing challenge in midfield. Dundalk then got their two goals in the last half hour.

Mick Leahy will probably be out till the start of next season at least if it's a recurrence of his groin injury. Not a good thing when you're facing Jason Byrne next week who's scored 5 against us this season.

Come on now, there's no paranoia here. What would you do if you got to ref a Drogs game?

When we beat them it was the refs fault too.

When we beat them it was the refs fault too.
    Us? What?

If I was a qualified referee I would do a professional job. I know referees at local level that have or used to have allegiences to certain teams and if anything they are biased against 'their' team in order to show their objectiveness.

Neil Doyle makes mistakes like other refs, but it does get boring when some go in Rovers favour and the usual accusations are thrown. I mean, cheating? Come on.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    If I was a qualified referee I would do a professional job. I know referees at local level that have or used to have allegiences to certain teams and if anything they are biased against 'their' team in order to show their objectiveness.

Neil Doyle makes mistakes like other refs, but it does get boring when some go in Rovers favour and the usual accusations are thrown. I mean, cheating? Come on.
    Cheating is really common in football. Not that proposterous. Ridiculous argument.

Cheating is really common in football. Not that proposterous. Ridiculous argument.
    Well perhaps you should inform the FAI if you're so certain about this. Let them make an enquiry. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement