Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 26), August 30-31, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Well perhaps you should inform the FAI if you're so certain about this. Let them make an enquiry. :rolleyes:

It pretty much impossible to prove when there's no money (and hence witnesses) involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CSF wrote: »
    Us? What?

Damn have to go preschool with you now.

Football fans always blame the ref......always.......

When.....We......Beat......Rovers......And....They......Had......2.....Men......Sent.....Off.....And......Conceded......2......Penos......It......Was......The.....Refs....Fault

Sorry to the rest of the forum but clearly CSF is a bit slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Also, I'm fairly certain there was a peno given against Shams earlier in the season in Tallaght where Doyle gave a peno against them where the ball hit the defenders face and he blew for handball. 80% certain it was him. Must have been cheating for the other team that night.

dreamers75 wrote: »

When.....We......Beat......Rovers......And....They......Had......2.....Men......Sent.....Off.....And......Conceded......2......Penos......It......Was......The.....Refs....Fault

Whether he's "cheating" or not, it's a stupid situation to have a 400 club member reffing Rovers games. Most other countries have rules preventing similar.

Also, I'm fairly certain there was a peno given against Shams earlier in the season in Tallaght where Doyle gave a peno against them where the ball hit the defenders face and he blew for handball. 80% certain it was him. Must have been cheating for the other team that night.

No. He gave that peno for Shams, against Bohs. Was on RTÉ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought you were implying that I say that about every team. Looked like that to someone who hasn't been following the decisions in every game that has no relevance to us.

It pretty much impossible to prove when there's no money (and hence witnesses) involved.
    No sh*t. That's why people can spout sh*te without being pulled up for it.

No sh*t. That's why people can spout sh*te without being pulled up for it.
    Were you at the game tonight or have you just made a point of principle of this for some bizarre reason?

No. He gave that peno for Shams, against Bohs. Was on RTÉ.
    My mistake. There was definitely a major incident this season where he had a boo boo against Shams anyways.

• Advertisement

My mistake. There was definitely a major incident this season where he had a boo boo against Shams anyways.
    Please quote it so.

Were you at the game tonight or have you just made a point of principle of this for some bizarre reason?

I wasn't but I look forward to reading the match report though.

Headline could be something like:

REF CHEATS AS BETTER TEAM WINS ON THE NIGHT

For the craic there is a ref who is a Pats fan who refs LOI prem games.

Can anyone name him?

Always awful when he refs us but in fairness thats the standard.

Please quote it so.

A quick google search came up with this from dfx on boards in March 2013. Who am I to say it's true, but dfx has been a solid poster down the years so I'll take his word for it.
    dfx- wrote: »
    Amazing what people like to believe.

--Over 60% more yellow cards for Rovers than the opposition .
    --50% more red cards for Rovers than the opposition
    --4 times more penalties against Rovers than for Rovers. He hasn't awarded Rovers a penalty since 2009.

Lump on a red card or penalty when he's refereeing Rovers.

I wasn't but I look forward to reading the match report though.

Headline could be something like:

REF CHEATS AS BETTER TEAM WINS ON THE NIGHT
    To be honest I thought Bray were the better team to win out in Drogheda tonight, should have had 4 penos. Disgraceful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Great second half from bohs tonight, not sure what owen said to them at half time but it worked. Well deserved and massive point for us.

• Advertisement

A quick google search came up with this from dfx on boards in March 2013. Who am I to say it's true, but dfx has been a solid poster down the years so I'll take his word for it.
    So you're not gonna quote the incident that 'definitely' happened then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

First of all, I was at the match, just in case, anyone is asking ;)

Another early goal conceded, that has to stop.

But sending off Cornwall was a bit harsh, not really two 'bookable' offenses, just normal tackles, esp. the second one.

And then Rovers fans giving out to the the Ref, because he gave your man his marching orders? Right so, it was a head butt, from what I could see.

After all, Shels deserved a point, but sometimes there is no justice in football:confused:

Just proves rovers are filthy bastards.

Which in fairness was known.

To be honest I thought Bray were the better team to win out in Drogheda tonight, should have had 4 penos. Disgraceful stuff.
    Quite possible. I couldn't make it to the game myself tonight. Happy with the three points.
    So you're not gonna quote the incident that 'definitely' happened then?

I vaguely remember an incident occuring earlier in the season where Doyle made a poor decision against Rovers. It stuck out at the time because I said to myself "Hey, I thought he was a Shamrock Rovers fan. Surely he wouldn't give a poor decision against his team?" And he did. No conspiracy, no payments before games, just referees going out there and making human errors. Fans need to get on with it.

I vaguely remember an incident occuring earlier in the season where Doyle made a poor decision against Rovers. It stuck out at the time because I said to myself "Hey, I thought he was a Shamrock Rovers fan. Surely he wouldn't give a poor decision against his team?" And he did. No conspiracy, no payments before games, just referees going out there and making human errors. Fans need to get on with it.
    So you only vaguely remember it, and can't name it, but it definitely happened. Solid arguments. Nobody mentioned conspiracy, or payments of any kind. Just someone being expected to be impartial in a match they can't possibly be impartial in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Drogs were very poor tonight. But I wont complain about the 3 points. Needs to be ablot better for Sligo on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

markc1184 wrote: »
    Drogs were very poor tonight. But I wont complain about the 3 points. Needs to be ablot better for Sligo on Tuesday.

Is it true Bray had a load of chances? And should've won? Need 3 points soon.

Mushy wrote: »
    UCD has to be a must win. After that, you've got Derry, Pats, Rovers and Dundalk as 4 of your last 6 games. Worst run in of the 4.

Mushy wrote: »

They had a couple of good chances, 1 put into the side netting and Byrne fluffed another very good chance. Drogs also had chances though. Draw probably would have been fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

UCD has to be a must win. After that, you've got Derry, Pats, Rovers and Dundalk as 4 of your last 6 games. Worst run in of the 4.

Yeah it really is. I sense doom by now.
    They had a couple of good chances, 1 put into the side netting and Byrne fluffed another very good chance. Drogs also had chances though. Draw probably would have been fair.

Fair enough, where I read what I said was a very biased source so I'd be skeptical a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What a second half from Bohs tonight. Huge turn around. Why we didn't keep pressing the Pats defence I'll never know. They looked very shaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Firstly, Dundalk fully deserved the win.
    But sweet jesus what is it with referees and us this season? Mick Kelly comes on for Mick Leahy and amazingly the referee says he's not allowed and gives him a yellow. As far as I could see he wasn't stopped from coming on by the 4th official which surely should be his job. 2 or 3 minutes later he gets a second yellow for a nothing challenge in midfield. Dundalk then got their two goals in the last half hour.

Mick Leahy will probably be out till the start of next season at least if it's a recurrence of his groin injury. Not a good thing when you're facing Jason Byrne next week who's scored 5 against us this season.

Terrible ref tonight and the Kelly situation was a joke !
    I thought ucd were very poor tonight (sorry)!
    But " we r top of the league, we r top of the league " :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Firstly, Dundalk fully deserved the win.
    But sweet jesus what is it with referees and us this season? Mick Kelly comes on for Mick Leahy and amazingly the referee says he's not allowed and gives him a yellow. As far as I could see he wasn't stopped from coming on by the 4th official which surely should be his job. 2 or 3 minutes later he gets a second yellow for a nothing challenge in midfield. Dundalk then got their two goals in the last half hour.

Mick Leahy will probably be out till the start of next season at least if it's a recurrence of his groin injury. Not a good thing when you're facing Jason Byrne next week who's scored 5 against us this season.

Strange one for sure,didn't see what happened as he came on TBH,although i thought he deserved his yellow for the challenge on Stephen O'Donnell.

The Louth derby next Sunday (6pm KO) will see OP packed to the rafters.Tis some run we are on and long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

CCFC are on a roll under Stuart Ashton. I know he's only there as caretaker but he's done a great job since coming in, and what with the success he had at underage level, maybe he might be given the job on a permanent basis. Ciaran Kilduff in particular seems to be blossoming under Ashton. Derry have been poor since even before their European setback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Strange one for sure,didn't see what happened as he came on TBH,although i thought he deserved his yellow for the challenge on Stephen O'Donnell.

The Louth derby next Sunday (6pm KO) will see OP packed to the rafters.Tis some run we are on and long may it continue.
    Still have a big goofy smile on my face after that. This season just gets better and better. Top of the league. Pinch me.

Towell's goal was magic. I was right behind it and the way he just stroked it in to the corner with the outside of the boot was beautiful. UCD not at their best this evening thankfully. Bring on the Drogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry's season is turning to dung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry's season is turning to dung.

The ease in which Cork got through the middle of the pitch into decent areas must be huge worry for ye.. It was a open game, but Cork had couple of situations where they bypassed yer midfield with ease and only for couple of poor decisions and passes things could have been worse.

In saying that ye also hit the post and had few decent attempts and a goal ruled out harshly by what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Massive point for Bohs tonight, could have been three. Another few results and we will pull well clear.

Shels dismal run continues, but it's expected, so no real shock. Games are running out quickly.

:D

If I was a qualified referee I would do a professional job. I know referees at local level that have or used to have allegiences to certain teams and if anything they are biased against 'their' team in order to show their objectiveness.

Neil Doyle makes mistakes like other refs, but it does get boring when some go in Rovers favour and the usual accusations are thrown. I mean, cheating? Come on.

Should not be put in a position where he refs a team that he supports. Programme seller in the RDS and a member of 400 club.

That's enough in my book to keep him away from any shamrock fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why did Alan Kelly or his assistants not blow up for (what looked like) a blatant back pass into the Inchicore end from Pat's in the second half? I was in the shed end and it looked clear to me. :confused:

Super point. Felt like a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why did Alan Kelly or his assistants not blow up for (what looked like) a blatant back pass into the Inchicore end from Pat's in the second half? I was in the shed end and it looked clear to me. :confused:

Super point. Felt like a win.

Wasn't sure about that to be honest but as far as I could make out he didnt give it as it hit his knee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Come on now, there's no paranoia here. What would you do if you got to ref a Drogs game?

Don't go down the bohsboy route, CSF. Doyle had not much negative effect on either side really, he makes himself the centre of attention. It wasn't a dirty game, but two red cards and two penalties.

Thought it was a great game myself. Rovers should've been out of sight at half time. Finally Croly picked almost the right eleven with no Chambers, but Ryan, Quigley deep, Finn and Zayed made some terrific combinations. Particularly after 30 minutes when Stewart dragged wide. Ryan was brilliant.

Then Shels came back into it and could've easily got a point.

Don't go down the bohsboy route, CSF

Excuse me. What do you mean by that?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Given the set of fixtures for everyone, absolutely delighted to gain a point on everyone around us, could prove vital at the end of the season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Don't go down the bohsboy route, CSF. Doyle had not much negative effect on either side really, he makes himself the centre of attention. It wasn't a dirty game, but two red cards and two penalties.

Thought it was a great game myself. Rovers should've been out of sight at half time. Finally Croly picked almost the right eleven with no Chambers, but Ryan, Quigley deep, Finn and Zayed made some terrific combinations. Particularly after 30 minutes when Stewart dragged wide. Ryan was brilliant.

Sorry, but I genuinely believe he was awful and cost us in a big way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Isn't there some contradiction?

I was standing pitchside, and I saw a few dirty tackles (from both sides), but whenever someone shouted from the Riverside Stand (and we all now, who is housed there), the ref's decisions went against Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What a beautiful looking league table. Here's hoping Derry can beat Pats on Wednesday evening when they play their game in hand.

BS8hB2fCEAEWePA.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

For the craic there is a ref who is a Pats fan who refs LOI prem games.

Can anyone name him?

Always awful when he refs us but in fairness thats the standard.

Tuite?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Tuite?

He lives in Lucan so it's plausible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Even forgetting his blatant bias Doyle is the worst referee I've ever seen. And in this country thats an exceptional achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Even forgetting his blatant bias Doyle is the worst referee I've ever seen. And in this country thats an exceptional achievement.

Apart from when he's involved in Shamrock Rovers games I've found him O.K.

The two worst referees in the league imo are Buttimer and Hancock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Who would have thought it possible after last seasons fiasco

Fairly predicted you's would do well, financial backers is the difference.

Thought we were going to snatch a draw last night tbh, so many decent chances! Dean Kellys by far the best, done everything and shoots it right at Murphy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nearly 1100 at the Athlone game last night! Great win and looks good with 5 games to go. Could be looking at close to 2000 for the waterford game in a few weeks, which is some crowd for first division football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Raf32 wrote: »
    Nearly 1100 at the Athlone game last night! .

Yeah, the Youths do attract a good crowd :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement