Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 26), August 30-31, 2013

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

markc1184 wrote: »
    Tuite?

Think it's Connolly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Going to be a tight finish to the league top and bottom that's for sure, exciting :) I still think Sligo might go on a crazy run and win it, I think Dundalk will beat Pats away too for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Workmanlike performance from Rovers, Don't think we were anything great at all really story of the season. But we got the three points and the hope is still there. David McMillan looked lively when he came on. I'd maybe start him ahead of Danny North on Tuesday despite the goal

Disappointing crowd too. . Not sure why Djalali got MOTM, One of his quieter games IMO. Right back in it if we can get something during the week and if Derry can get something off Pats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CSF wrote: »
    Sorry, but I genuinely believe he was awful and cost us in a big way.

I can't think of many controversial decisions or things had he done differently would've affected the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

CSF wrote: »
    So you're not gonna quote the incident that 'definitely' happened then?

He gave a penalty for us (sligo rovers) against shams in the showgrounds from a corner, for absolutely nothing. D.McMillian missed the penalty.

Bohs away - 2 red cards
    Bohs home - 1 penalty
    Sligo away - 1 penalty
    Shels away - 2 penalties, 2 red cards.

Centre of attention..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    I can't think of many controversial decisions or things had he done differently would've affected the result.

Neither Cornwall yellow was legit, we should have had a peno at the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

gustavo wrote: »
    Workmanlike performance from Rovers, Don't think we were anything great at all really story of the season. But we got the three points and the hope is still there. David McMillan looked lively when he came on. I'd maybe start him ahead of Danny North on Tuesday despite the goal

Disappointing crowd too. . Not sure why Djalali got MOTM, One of his quieter games IMO. Right back in it if we can get something during the week and if Derry can get something off Pats.
    How's Dave been doing for ye? I think we'd definitely be safe had ye not come in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

He hasn't really had a chance yet. Was stuck out on the wing for his first few games then got injured. Looked good for the bit he played the other day.

North will probably start there for the rest of the season now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Firstly, Dundalk fully deserved the win.
    But sweet jesus what is it with referees and us this season? Mick Kelly comes on for Mick Leahy and amazingly the referee says he's not allowed and gives him a yellow. As far as I could see he wasn't stopped from coming on by the 4th official which surely should be his job. 2 or 3 minutes later he gets a second yellow for a nothing challenge in midfield. Dundalk then got their two goals in the last half hour.

Mick Leahy will probably be out till the start of next season at least if it's a recurrence of his groin injury. Not a good thing when you're facing Jason Byrne next week who's scored 5 against us this season.

After review(MNS) I agree that what you said above was more or less on the money. Shocking stuff from Tom Connolly.

• Advertisement

Wayside have a decent set-up. Much nicer place to watch a match than some LOI grounds.

Poor side though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Wayside are a very progressive club. Excellent facilities (which they own outright ;)), great schoolboy and youth set up and they have taken LOI scalps in cup competitions in recent years. A little unfair to call them a poor side when they reached a senior cup semi-final. Perhaps they were poor on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wayside have a decent set-up. Much nicer place to watch a match than some LOI grounds.

Poor side though

Was there on Sunday. Handy canopy for filming games but it's a windy spot!

They had Sky Sports and all in their clubhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Did Flynn pluck one of Quigley's eyebrows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Poor side though

Nice set up, but a pain to get to and is always freezing and windy!

If Wayside had lost their QF, it was going to be the Carlisle Grounds, freezing capital of the world :eek:
    oldyouth wrote: »
    Wayside are a very progressive club. Excellent facilities (which they own outright ;)), great schoolboy and youth set up and they have taken LOI scalps in cup competitions in recent years. A little unfair to call them a poor side when they reached a senior cup semi-final. Perhaps they were poor on the day

They were poor on the day indeed, very moany side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

After review(MNS) I agree that what you said above was more or less on the money. Shocking stuff from Tom Connolly.
    It's actually worse than I originally thought. I thought Kelly got a good bit onto the field before being called back. As Martin Russell said, it's very easy for a referee to give those decisions against UCD. Not a chance he would give it the other way around.
    Highlighted in MNS that Kenny did give a lot of respect to us on Friday which probably helped win you the game. We haven't failed to score in a game since May which tells you a lot. Hope you go on and win it outright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't realise Derry-Pats is on Setanta Ireland. One way traffic so far, Pats 1 up after 22 mins...going on 3 after last few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Great win for us tonight.. 1 nil victories away from home is a sign of champions but I'm not putting bad luck on us yet.. Tough run in with Dundalk at home also..

Didn't get to see the game so did pats deserve the win?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Great win for us tonight.. 1 nil victories away from home is a sign of champions but I'm not putting bad luck on us yet.. Tough run in with Dundalk at home also..

Didn't get to see the game so did pats deserve the win?

Only seen the 2nd half but Derry never really looked like scoring, Use looked comfortabel.

If we both win this weekend, Richmond will be rocking in just over 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Only seen the 2nd half but Derry never really looked like scoring, Use looked comfortabel.

Yeah thats gonna be a huge match. Great results for us tonight. Derry have really fallen apart in the last 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pighead wrote: »
    What a beautiful looking league table. Here's hoping Derry can beat Pats on Wednesday evening when they play their game in hand.

BS8hB2fCEAEWePA.jpg:large

game on bitches

540119_10201763600600584_432613596_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nice to see Bray Wanderers have found the Lord on that second league table there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nice to see Bray Wanderers have found the Lord on that second league table there :)

I'm hoping they'll be doing all they can to stay up. Even Mormonism will do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Derry were bloody awful in the 1st half,could hardly string 2 passes together.They could only realy improve in the 2nd half,and they did without realy threatening the Pats goal.
    Very professional display by Pats,slick passing,hungry for the ball,knew when to slow the tempo down & pick it up again.. etc...

Looked like Stephen Maher picked up a bad injury just mins after coming on a s a sub.Hope its not as bad as first looked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Two horse race now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

UCD have conceded 58 goals so far:o.. Easy to know where they went wrong if they do go down(looks unlikely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

UCD have conceded 58 goals so far:o.. Easy to know where they went wrong if they do go down(looks unlikely)

I was always taught that you defend from the front. It is not always the defenders or goalie who is responsible for every goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

all dundalks allocation of 1000 tickets for the pats match are sold out according to the dfc website.:)

Advertisement