Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage tips

Options
  • 29-08-2013 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey folks
    I'm currently in the market to get a house, I applied last year for a mortgage, and got declined. This year I'm applying again, after i got a raise, and have saved a bit more for a deposit. I'm just curious is there any ways around or loopholes to increase my chances for success when it comes to applying?

Thanks , any help is welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Loopholes? Not really. Make sure you are showing a good savings ethos, ie a standing order after pay day and maintaining this for a decent period of time, at least a year. I don't' think he raise will have the same impact on success as a good savings record. I think it would look good to increase your savings amount after your raise though.

borei07 wrote: »
    Hey folks
    I'm currently in the market to get a house, I applied last year for a mortgage, and got declined. This year I'm applying again, after i got a raise, and have saved a bit more for a deposit. I'm just curious is there any ways around or loopholes to increase my chances for success when it comes to applying?

Thanks , any help is welcome

I was refused for my first application too. I was disappointed and the bank told me to prove 6 additional months of savings before applying again.

I did. However the next time I had a broker. A guy called Killers. He took the hassle and hardship out of the application (Im not great with paper work!) He did all the work. Had me send all documents needed and within a few weeks I was approved. I am now a week in my new house :)

The broker I used is well known to many here. In fact it was through recommendations I found on here that I got in touch with him. He didnt charge a cent and ALWAYS answered the phone or returned a call when I rang. I was kept in the loop at all times. He even rang during the week to make sure we had settled into our new home alright!!

I couldnt recommend Killian highly enough. Drop him a PM. Thats my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 borei07

That's brilliant guys, thanks :D

Advertisement