Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting unfurnished house

Options
  • 29-08-2013 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hey we are considering renting an unfurnished house.
    What's normally included?Would there be washing machine,oven...
    The house we are looking at would normally go for around 800 a month,how much do you think we should offer since its unfurnished?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

is there a way of searching for unfurnished houses as I'll be looking for one myself soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Its 825euros a month,I always imagined unfurnished houses to be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Its 825euros a month,I always imagined unfurnished houses to be cheaper?
    Why? They are (unfortunately) still a niche market in Ireland, so LLs have fewer potential tenants. Given the ludicrous (nanny state) laws in Ireland wrt residential tenancies, it's debatable as to whether or not a genuinely unfurnished house would even be legal. The law actually prevents two grown adults of sound mind from entering into an agreement they are both happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

we've always rented unfurnished, even though we've sometimes kept bits of the landlords furniture, and the houses have always had all appliances fitted (washing machine, oven, fridge etc...).

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Elottois

We rented for a year in an unfurnished house. Included as contents were washing machine, dryer, dishwasher etc. however we had to provide a microwave, kettle and toaster ourselves. At the time there were three of the same units available2 furnished at 900 and the unfurnished which we chose was €800. This was in Galway in a highly sought after area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement