Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cutting labador hair

• 29-08-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭

Can you cut a golden labs hair. Their is loads on line showing how to do it.

I ask cause I thought I was bad to trim their hair

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They have short hair though? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭cena

tk123 wrote: »
    They have short hair though? :confused:

Its short enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

cena wrote: »
    Its short enough

Why do you have to cut it though? I only cut my retrievers hair around his paws when they get raggedy looking. With a lab would a brush down with a rake and slicker not remove the dead hair and keep it the coat looking tidy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Def dont cut a labs hair. They are not meant to be cut. They have a short right coat.
    Why would you want to cut it anyway?

I.m not going to cut his hair. Just asking csuse of the videos online. He gets a brush down every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Can you cut a golden labs hair. Their is loads on line showing how to do it.
    Do you mean a yellow lab? Or a lab/retriever cross?

The formers coat wouldn't need to be cut, just brushed. It's a very thick short coat.
    The later, perhaps, it'd depend.

Zulu wrote: »
    Do you mean a yellow lab? Or a lab/retriever cross?

The formers coat wouldn't need to be cut, just brushed. It's a very thick short coat.
    The later, perhaps, it'd depend.

Yellow lab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Can you post one of those videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yellow lab
    Then I'd imagine that the videos are aimed at the type of person who'd operate on their dog for aesthetics, if you catch my meaning.

Don't cut the coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

You can get alot of bad information on the internet. You do not clip a double coated dog unless its for the well being of the dog. Yellow labs along with golden retrievers are double coated. The outside hair is the guard hairs while the under hair is the undercoat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement