Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Fruit & Veg stores in Dublin 14/16/18

Options
  • 29-08-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could recommend where I might find some good, possibly independent, sellers of fruit & veg in around the general Dundrum area? I don't mind driving for 10-15 mins either if it means getting good produce.

I used to get most of my stuff in Superquinn, but I notice the quality has gone down somewhat recently, and for the prices there you really should be getting premium goods. Aldi in Sandyford has decent stuff and cheap prices, but I find the whole experience of shopping there pretty depressing...

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Havent been there myself but heard some great things about the Fruit & Veg shop next door to the Coachhouse pub (just down from SuperQuinn).
    Might not think so from outside but meant to be great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Volvic12 wrote: »
    Havent been there myself but heard some great things about the Fruit & Veg shop next door to the Coachhouse pub (just down from SuperQuinn).
    Might not think so from outside but meant to be great quality.

I've only noticed this place recently when driving past to Superquinn, but haven't yet called in. I must call in for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Since you cast your net wide to include D18..... 'Get Fresh' on Deansgrange Road, it's in a line of small retail units opposite Grange Motors which includes a bicycle shop, cafe and hairdresser. Friendly staff and as well as fruit and veg they have a good range of spices, nuts, pasta etc.. You can only park on their side of the road and it can be difficult finding a slot, best to approach from the Blackrock direction (passing the cemetery on your right) and pull over to the left to park anywhere past the cemetery wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Holiers

There is a pretty good but kinda expensive fruit, veg and general gourmet foods shop in Ballyroan D14. It is beside the church Supervalu etc.

The gourmet place I'll probably give a miss, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'll nip into the one in Ballinteer over the weekend, and probably the one in Deansgrange after that, before reporting feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Holiers wrote: »
    There is a pretty good but kinda expensive fruit, veg and general gourmet foods shop in Ballyroan D14. It is beside the church Supervalu etc.

Get Fresh at Rosemount Shopping Centre on Marion Road

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

enda1 wrote: »
    Get Fresh at Rosemount Shopping Centre on Marion Road

+1 for this place, and it's not crazy expensive considering the quality of the fruit & veg there!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Any good ones out in the Dublin 24 area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

There's an organic 'mini-market' just in front of the Central Mental Hospital on the Dundrum Road.

I popped into the one mentioned there on Ballinteer Avenue near Superquinn at the weekend.

For things like potatoes, mixed peppers, apples, oranges, peaches etc. they are about the same price at the supermarket. However, the peaches and nectarines I got there were unbelievable - some of the nicest I've ever got.

Things like bananas were poor, I'll probably continue to buy them in the supermarket.

There was also a good selection of other products like olive oils, preserves, cakes and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

+1 for this place, and it's not crazy expensive considering the quality of the fruit & veg there!
    Nearly sure they are the same owners as the balinteer shop

Advertisement