Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom-making Three look good.

Options
  • 29-08-2013 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

I thought it was impossible to find customer service worse than that provided by Three Broadband but congratulations Eircom you have done just that.I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to what you laughably call customer service and have been shunted from one person to another(4 in all) 3 of whom flat out lied to me.I then got 3 different answers to the same question(the 4th was too incompetent to be able to answer).It also appears that the call centre is completely unsupervised as not one of the four had an available supervisor/manager able to talk to me.Well done Eircom well done.

I will now be closing my account and using Smart Broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

dinorebel wrote: »
    I thought it was impossible to find customer service worse than that provided by Three Broadband but congratulations Eircom you have done just that.I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to what you laughably call customer service and have been shunted from one person to another(4 in all) 3 of whom flat out lied I got 3 different answers to the same question(the 4th was too incompetent to be able to answer).It also appears that the call centre is completely unsupervised as not one of the four had an available supervisor/manager able to talk to me.Well done Eircom well done.

In fairness, they arent all like that.

Something similar happened to me a year back. We got an eircom rep calling to the house offering next gen broadband and free anytime landline calls for €15 cheaper than my then current provider. Naturally I went with that and after 2 weeks got a letter in the post explaining that there is no next gen in my area yet and I would be on this package but with lower speed.

When I phoned, like you I was passed over 3 or 4 times if not more. After I was passed over again, I told them I was hanging up and I am not giving them a penny until the area manager phoned.

30 mins later I got a very apologetic phone call from the area manager, 6 months free line rental and broadband speeds of 14mbps

I would suggest speaking to someone higher up before cancelling. Because even though what looks to be the majority of the customer service employees are slightly inadequate, they do have the best broadband in Ireland.

Best of luck with the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

trudub83 wrote: »
    I thought it was impossible to find customer service worse than that provided by Three Broadband but congratulations Eircom you have done just that.I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to what you laughably call customer service and have been shunted from one person to another(4 in all) 3 of whom flat out lied I got 3 different answers to the same question(the 4th was too incompetent to be able to answer).It also appears that the call centre is completely unsupervised as not one of the four had an available supervisor/manager able to talk to me.Well done Eircom well done.

Something similar happened to me a year back. We got an eircom rep calling to the house offering next gen broadband and free anytime landline calls for €15 cheaper than my then current provider. Naturally I went with that and after 2 weeks got a letter in the post explaining that there is no next gen in my area yet and I would be on this package but with lower speed.

When I phoned, like you I was passed over 3 or 4 times if not more. After I was passed over again, I told them I was hanging up and I am not giving them a penny until the area manager phoned.

30 mins later I got a very apologetic phone call from the area manager, 6 months free line rental and broadband speeds of 14mbps

I would suggest speaking to someone higher up before cancelling. Because even though what looks to be the majority of the customer service employees are slightly inadequate, they do have the best broadband in Ireland.

should read "they do have the best broadband in Ireland outside the major urban areas!" i would think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

trudub83 wrote: »

The problem with that being they all refused to pass me over to someone higher up.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Welcome to the war! To be fair the Customer Service reps on here are very helpful but that is limited to the information they can get from other inept departments in Eircom. The reps on here have my utmost sympathy being on the frontline of a company that is so badly run it should have shut down years ago were it not for state support  and line installation monopolies and the like.

They are appalling to deal with on the phone, its one unhelpful unknowledgeable person after the next. Oh and none of their departments seem to communicate with one another.....in a communications company!

Good luck....you will need it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I thought it was impossible to find customer service worse than that provided by Three Broadband but congratulations Eircom you have done just that.I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to what you laughably call customer service and have been shunted from one person to another(4 in all) 3 of whom flat out lied to me.I then got 3 different answers to the same question(the 4th was too incompetent to be able to answer).It also appears that the call centre is completely unsupervised as not one of the four had an available supervisor/manager able to talk to me.Well done Eircom well done.

Hi dinorbel
    I am really sorry to read this and if you PM me your details I will certainly look into your query for you.
    Though it is possible that a supervisor was not available at time of calling it should have been suggested that a call back could have been arranged.
    PM me details and I will have a response for you as soon as possible.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi dinorbel
    I am really sorry to read this and if you PM me your details I will certainly look into your query for you.
    Though it is possible that a supervisor was not available at time of calling it should have been suggested that a call back could have been arranged.
    Tony
    One supervisor I could understand but four?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Hi dinorbel
    Tony
    would all 4 of them not have the same supervisor, so if unavailable to one off the  for whatever reason , he would be unavailable to all of them ?

donegal. wrote: »

Hi dinorbel
    Tony
    would all 4 of them not have the same supervisor, so if unavailable to one off the  for whatever reason , he would be unavailable to all of them ?
    I was shunted from one department to another and find it a bit strange that not one supervisor was available.

Hi dinorbel
    Tony
    Hi Guys, yes that is the likely reason but still a call back could have been offered in this case.
    Tony

Hi dinorbel
    Tony
    I was shunted from one department to another and find it a bit strange that not one supervisor was available.
    Hi dinorbel
    I have received your details and will chase this for you now.
    Tony

• Advertisement

So 2 weeks now and still you still haven't got back to me about e-fibre all that has happened is my speed has been upped to the level I was already paying for.As a way to keep a customer this is beyond incompetent.

Not worth a reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Not worth a reply?
    Hi dinorebel

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Tony Is on leave at present so could you please PM me details of the issue and your account details?

Thanks

Al

And another week bites the dust.

Hi dinorebel

The order is placed for faster speeds and It can take up to 5 working days to complete.

I had advised you on Monday that I'll do all I can to have this resolved by the end of the week.

Al

Hi dinorebel

The order is placed for faster speeds and It can take up to 5 working days to complete.

I had advised you on Monday that I'll do all I can to have this resolved by the end of the week.

Al
    I still fail to understand how you cannot tell me when e-fibre will be available
    is it for technical reasons? financial reasons?

Hi dinorebel

Al
    I still fail to understand how you cannot tell me when e-fibre will be available

Hi dinorebel

As it stands, efibre is not available to your line and we do not know when your line will be able to hold efibre. I've checked other houses in your area and they don't qualify either.

Works are planned to be ongoing over the next year to improve the availability of efibre in Letterkenny however we are unable to offer you a timeframe or any further specific date as to when efibre will be available to you.

I understand from your PM's you had requested me not to tell you this but I can only offer you the truth of the matter and the information available to me.

Al

Hi dinorebel

Al

Hi dinorebel

As it stands, efibre is not available to your line and we do not know when your line will be able to hold efibre. I've checked other houses in your area and they don't qualify either.

Works are planned to be ongoing over the next year to improve the availability of efibre in Letterkenny however we are unable to offer you a timeframe or any further specific date as to when efibre will be available to you.

I understand from your PM's you had requested me not to tell you this but I can only offer you the truth of the matter and the information available to me.

Al
    Does that mean the salesman who flat out lied to me will be facing some kind of action?

Hi dinorebel

Al

Hi dinorebel

Al
    Does that mean the salesman who flat out lied to me will be facing some kind of action?

Hi dinorebel

Hello dinorebel

I would like to request that we speak about this situation.

Can you please advise me on a good time to call you between 11am to 7pm?

Thanks

Al

Still waiting for this phone call.Maybe all your lines are down.

• Advertisement

Is ignoring customers official policy? this is getting beyond a joke at this stage.

Is ignoring customers official policy? this is getting beyond a joke at this stage.
    Hi dinorebel

I have just tried contacting you on your landline number however there is no answer, is there a better time to call?

Al

Advertisement