Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S2, Prey, superuser and problems.

• 29-08-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I'm messing with S2 trying to restore access to vodafone network. The phone is unlocked, but it refuses to connect. I blame crashing Prey and that's where I have the problem.
    1. Prey crashes when I try to start it
    2. Prey cannot be uninstalled because it's device administrator and I have no idea where to change it (don't see it in settings)
    3. Prey is not asking for superuser and it's not on the superuser apps. That doesn't make sense together with point 2, I know.

I tried:
    1. Flash new cyanogenmod
    2. Restore an old version from backup
    3. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    4. Fix permisions
    5. Flash old/new gapps (google apps)

Nothing works.

One interesting thing: the phone asks for pin, takes it OK and than immediately asks for it again, but the screen look completely different and the same pin doesn't work.

The sim card is OK - tested on an other phone.

How can I uninstall or reinstall prey?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Device administrators is under Security in Settings. An app can be device admin without needing superuser rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Prey is gone now, but the rest stays the same. I can't connect to vodafone network.. Any ideas what I might try? My next option is factory reset.

P.S.
    I might flash modem/radio first.... the original dialer producing message "not installed"
    P.S.S
    Looks like the phone if FUBAR, imei unknown, baseband unknown and it doesn't react to *#06#

Signal strength is showing some big number as well...

Advertisement