Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in GTA

• 29-08-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Does anybody know if the camera angle will be similar to GTA4 in the sense that it will be left sided kind of behind the driver, rather than centered behind the car like the old GTA's. Found it extremely annoying in GTA4. Seemed like when you were takinf a turn you couldn't see where you were going and had o move the camera all the time with the right analog stick. Anyone know is this the case for GTA5? For me, the camera angle while driving ruined GTA4.

Comments

No one has any idea, but the issue with the camera angle with IV (and previous GTA's) for me was the height. When you put the foot down it was far too low.

I actually emailed R* a while ago and suggested a lockable camera position (ie' you 'click' the right thumbstick to lock the height of the camera wherever you prefer it and that becomes a default position). They emailed back and said it was a good idea, so I'm genuinely curious to see if they'd have implemented it.

Probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Considering the driving camera angle was one of the most complained about things, I'd say we'll likely see an improvement. Locking the camera position by clicking the right stick is a good idea alright. So long as it's higher anyway, problem should be solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I'd love to see a first person camera inside the car. GTAIV just had the camera just in front of the windshield.

I'd love to see a first person camera inside the car. GTAIV just had the camera just in front of the windshield.

I think they do that on purpose, as the car interiors in GTA games aren't quite the most detailed in all the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Ya, the driving in GTA 4 really turned me off it. Hope it has improved in 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Ya, the driving in GTA 4 really turned me off it. Hope it has improved in 5.

I like the driving in 4. its realistic. some turns can be so annoyinng though????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

This was actually one of the main reasons I never played GTA. Along with the car handling the always changing, and poor imo, camera angle while driving put me off it. Especially compared to Driver which I mainly played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I think many people didn't like the driving in gta iv because it was different. I've used it so much now that I've got used to it and quite like it actually. However it has been mentioned that the driving mechanics will be slightly tighter in V (less likely to spin out) which will be a good thing in my opinion.

In terms of camera angle, I like being able to move the camera with the right stick while steering with the left. The select button (on ps3) controlled camera distance. The close in shot generally stuck withy the car as I found, the medium distance or dash cam is what I liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The camera angle was too low. Wasn't a problem that you could move it, it was just the default was too low. Constantly had to raise it a little to see what was coming ahead of you before you run into them.

The bikes handled so much better than the majority of cars in IV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

4x4 rolling along at walking pace in gta4. Do a sharp turn and the bloody thing overturns. The weight and centre of gravity of vehicles was terrible. Hope they also fix the braking systems in cars. Couldn't touch the handbrake without spinning into a building and trashing the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement