Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

restive wrote: »
    How do i know if i have a 4G sim card? I last changed my sim november 2012 when i upgraded to note 2. Now i have a note 3. I am not in a 4G area.

There is no specific 4G Sim Card. I changed from Iphone to Note and just swapped over the sim and get 4G no problem. Last Sim I got was the micro sim a few years ago when Apple introduced them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Just wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer files directly from the Note 3 to a usb stick. I have an OTG cable but don't seem to be able to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer files directly from the Note 3 to a usb stick. I have an OTG cable but don't seem to be able to do it.

Is the usb device being recognized?

Is the usb device being recognized?

Yeah, I have downloaded an app that allows me to see the files on the memory stick. I just don't see the option to copy from the phone to the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

@Vinz Mesrine.
    What I do...using the stock Samung My Files app,
    From the apps select My files....all....device storage....."get to the folder or files you want to copy"...you can press the menu button and then press select item or press and hold on one of the files/folders.....this allows you to select multiple files/folders.....when you have selected your items press menu.....then copy....from here you select the SD memory card.....selected where you want to paste your items and on the top part of the screen you have Cancel or Paste here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Yeah, I have downloaded an app that allows me to see the files on the memory stick. I just don't see the option to copy from the phone to the stick.

ES file Explorer from the play store, excellent bit of stuff

pah wrote: »
    ES file Explorer from the play store, excellent bit of stuff

Worked perfectly :) thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone any suggestions how to get the software update from 3 for this?

Wanna see if I can latch on to 4G yet. Checking software update just tells me I've the latest software installed already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I know its a bit premature but I'm contemplating one of these but with a heap of new phones coming out in the next few weeks, will the notes replacement be also likely to be announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I know its a bit premature but I'm contemplating one of these but with a heap of new phones coming out in the next few weeks, will the notes replacement be also likely to be announced?

notes are normally released in September time usually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Finally have 4G :)

Very spotty coverage that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can someone save me going through 60 pages and tell me is it available sim free/unlocked?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Finally have 4G :)

Very spotty coverage that is...
    Please explain how you got the update to enable lte . I have no faith in three pushing it out ota before Monday.

Please explain how you got the update to enable lte . I have no faith in three pushing it out ota before Monday.

As above. I flashed the android 4.4 update

Anyone know if there's an LTE preferred option on 4.42?

I can't seem to find one.

Is 4g just rolling out now on 3? I've had it a while with emobile, it's great :)

On Dublin side of Naas.

Pretty pleased with that considering 8 meg is the most my land line can get me......

Go 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Hi all! I just got my note 3 yesterday and was able to transfer all my files from my previous phone (note 2) thru Kies. I keep on getting the security info that says and application is trying to access the system without authorization. When I click on view app, it shows all my apps and I want to know which app is causing that as it is quite annoying. I never had this warning in my Note 2 and I have not installed anything new with my Note 3. Any help on this?

Hi all! I just got my note 3 yesterday and was able to transfer all my files from my previous phone (note 2) thru Kies. I keep on getting the security info that says and application is trying to access the system without authorization. When I click on view app, it shows all my apps and I want to know which app is causing that as it is quite annoying. I never had this warning in my Note 2 and I have not installed anything new with my Note 3. Any help on this?

Knox will be your culprit. Just tick don't show again.

Knox will be your culprit. Just tick don't show again.

what is knox?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

Hi folks. Just a heads up that 4.4.2 is available for Vodafone at the moment. It's a 510/520 mb update.
    Seems pretty quick from what I've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Nikond800 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just a heads up that 4.4.2 is available for Vodafone at the moment. It's a 510/520 mb update.
    Seems pretty quick from what I've seen

This the OTA update direct from Vodafone ?

Edit: Just checked updates and it's downloading now. Thanks for the heads up.

Ionised wrote: »
    This the OTA update direct from Vodafone ?

Yes, that's the one.
    I'm on a fast fibre optic connection but it took around an hour to download.

Yes, that's the one.
    I'm on a fast fibre optic connection but it took around an hour to download.

Tis taking it's time that's for sure.

I'll go watch a film!

Ionised wrote: »
    Tis taking it's time that's for sure.

I'll go watch a film!

Yeah, it's congestion their end. It took the guts of an hour. Leave the phone plugged in as it won't install unless there's sufficient battery. I'm sure you know this already but sure it might help someone else reading this thread later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Is it just me or is there something I'm missing! I see no differences yet.

aoshea83 wrote: »

The past few versions of android. 4.1.2 4.2.2 4.3 and now 4.4.2 no major difference of them. They know that as well thats more than likely why it wasn't a big jump to 5.0
    One change is the notification bar is all white, I prefered when it was different colours.

I find mine a bit snappier to be fair. That's about the height of it though .
    Appearance wise, there is the white notification bar and I think the Google launcher change was mentioned in the release notes. I use nova so didn't see that yet. I don't find anything major though. Only downloaded it this evening so time will tell.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's congestion their end. It took the guts of an hour. Leave the phone plugged in as it won't install unless there's sufficient battery. I'm sure you know this already but sure it might help someone else reading this thread later.

Installing now sat on my wireless charger.

Not expecting any major changes as running Apex launcher and I didn't see much change when I upgraded my Nexus 10. Most of it is backend stability from what I have read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

anyone with a note on 4.4.2 having any probs with their IR Blaster?

Working for me on both Tv and sky+ HD box

No, everything is fine.

Working for me on both Tv and sky+ HD box

Working as before for me.

Loving the full music lock screen. Reminds me of the good windows phone days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

scout353 wrote: »
    There is no specific 4G Sim Card. I changed from Iphone to Note and just swapped over the sim and get 4G no problem. Last Sim I got was the micro sim a few years ago when Apple introduced them!
    There is on meteor for 4G.

I had to get a new SIM from meteor when they enabled 4G on my account, which was a month and a few days after i got my Note 3 and well after 4G was already available.

They couldn't even give me the 4G enabled SIM before I was switched to the 4G plan as it had (apparently) been wiping customers accounts when they first tried it.

My wife has an S4 mini (bought same day last year as note 3) and hasn't been able to to get a 4G SIM yet due to being busy having a baby etc and still can't get 4G on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

vibe666 wrote: »
    being busy having a baby etc and still can't get 4G on it.

Your wife has enough on her plate than to worrying about 4G at the moment:D All the best with the baby - hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Was debating between this the Nexus 5 S4 and One, Have decided on the Note 3 as I do a lot of web browsing and I love big screens.

I'm getting it on 3 bill pay tomorrow 24 month contract. Just wondering if another phone comes out in say a years time what are my options? Will I be able to get the phone unlocked and sell it on sim free? When are you due an upgrade?

Was debating between this the Nexus 5 S4 and One, Have decided on the Note 3 as I do a lot of web browsing and I love big screens.

I'm getting it on 3 bill pay tomorrow 24 month contract. Just wondering if another phone comes out in say a years time what are my options? Will I be able to get the phone unlocked and sell it on sim free? When are you due an upgrade?

You won't be eligible for an upgrade until your 24 month contract ends.

There is 2 exceptions to this though as follows:

1. Buy a phone yourself (€500+ for high spec phones).
    2. Vodafone offer a yearly upgrade if you pay them an extra €10 a month on top of your bill. (which doesn't apply to you as you're with 3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

You will get a phonecall after 18 months asking you to upgrade your phone etc.

• Advertisement

padma wrote: »
    You will get a phonecall after 18 months asking you to upgrade your phone etc.

Yep.

Personal experience with 3, you'll get upgraded after 18 months, but obviously will renew your contract at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi all, i got the kitkat update two days ago and since then the note 3 acts crazy... Freezing, rebooting it self 2-3 times already and... Sound doesn't come through and then boom!! frozen. It happens very irregularly and it is annoying!

iwo wrote: »
    Hi all, i got the kitkat update two days ago and since then the note 3 acts crazy... Freezing, rebooting it self 2-3 times already and... Sound doesn't come through and then boom!! frozen. It happens very irregularly and it is annoying!

thats what happened to me too! I updated a couple of days ago and all of a sudden my phone restarted on its own last night!

thats what happened to me too! I updated a couple of days ago and all of a sudden my phone restarted on its own last night!

No problems at all with mine since the update. Maybe try taking apps offline by one to see if it's one that's causing issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

vibe666 wrote: »
    There is on meteor for 4G.

I had to get a new SIM from meteor when they enabled 4G on my account, which was a month and a few days after i got my Note 3 and well after 4G was already available.

They couldn't even give me the 4G enabled SIM before I was switched to the 4G plan as it had (apparently) been wiping customers accounts when they first tried it.

My wife has an S4 mini (bought same day last year as note 3) and hasn't been able to to get a 4G SIM yet due to being busy having a baby etc and still can't get 4G on it.

Sorry about that Vibe - I am on VF. Should have clarified that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

so I ordered the Note 3 from Vodafone today, should get it tomorrow hopefully.

banjobongo wrote: »
    so I ordered the Note 3 from Vodafone today, should get it tomorrow hopefully.

Got mine delivered last Wednesday, It was a hard decision between the note and holding off for the S5 in a few months. I am more than happy with my choice though. I thought the screen was a bit too big but I figured when I moved from the iPhone 4s to the Galaxy s3 I acclimatised to the larger screen very quickly, thoug it does feel strange still when I take a call on it.

Now begins the wait for its delivery, felt like the longest 24 hours ever for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

my new note3 arrived yesterday and I didnt have time to look at it until this evening.
    I just tried insert the sim card from my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)into my new Note 3, and I have problems straight away.
    The SIM from my old phone wont fit into the space for a SIM card on the NOte 3!
    Is it just me or is there a problem here?
    Anybody have any feedback or advice on this issue?
    Frustrated!

banjobongo wrote: »
    my new note3 arrived yesterday and I didnt have time to look at it until this evening.
    I just tried insert the sim card from my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)into my new Note 3, and I have problems straight away.
    The SIM from my old phone wont fit into the space for a SIM card on the NOte 3!
    Is it just me or is there a problem here?
    Anybody have any feedback or advice on this issue?
    Frustrated!

The note 3 uses a micro sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys I seem to have a problem with my note 3 and I'm just wondering if anybody could help. I can't seem to send mms messages or emails with attachments over wifi. It just keeps saying sending. However when I turn on my mobile data it sends straight away. Any tips ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement