Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Micro sd also announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

judging by the pictures, the back isnt flat. The camera looks like its sticking out. That could be annoying when using the phone while flat on a table.

hmmm, ill have to see the phone in the flesh before i make a call on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

^It looks like that when you're looking at the lense head on, but from the side it doesn't look like it sticks out at all.

Not mad about the faux leather back, but it's a minor thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Dubba wrote: »

Thanks Dubba. It looks like a pretty decent upgrade and what might swing it for me is the fact it's a bigger screen but isn't physically any bigger and is in fact much lighter!

I'm not due an upgrade until November so I'll wait and see what the user reviews are like.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Looks good alright, I'll be upgrading from a s2, so it'll be a big jump up in screen size for me.

How about the initial price? I've seen a few people post things like - "it will come down in price a month after release".

Was the note2 dropped in price once out for a while, or is this more a US carrier pricing policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dubba wrote: »
    Looks good alright, I'll be upgrading from a s2, so it'll be a big jump up in screen size for me.

How about the initial price? I've seen a few people post things like - "it will come down in price a month after release".

Was the note2 dropped in price once out for a while, or is this more a US carrier pricing policy?

Note 2 in retail stores didn't really drop prices at all. Its still floating at just under 600.

On Amazon it dropped a bit. Don't like the Qualcomm processor inside the new galaxy line up. Exynoss used to run a lot cooler . Expect the new processor to heat up a lot with the high clocking range .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

On Amazon it dropped a bit. Don't like the Qualcomm processor inside the new galaxy line up. Exynoss used to run a lot cooler . Expect the new processor to heat up a lot with the high clocking range .

Seems to be contradictory reports bit it seems the LTE version is Qualcomm quad core and the 3G version is Exynos Octa core. Not sure which would be on sale here.....

Seems to be contradictory reports bit it seems the LTE version is Qualcomm quad core and the 3G version is Exynos Octa core. Not sure which would be on sale here.....

Based on the fact that all carriers here right now are favoring the Qualcomm LTE chips (except for tesco mobile I think) we will most likely get the Qualcomm version due to the imminent launch of LTE in Ireland.

I for one keep waiting for Samsung to get the finger out and integrate LTE chips to their processors. Whatever the figures are I always found their own processor perform a lot nicer vs. Qualcomm.

My Note 2 was buttery smooth and rarely got hot from normal day to day use.

Can't say the same on the S4. Its like a hot potatoe sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Meteor say they will have it in stores in October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone released pricing details yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Really looking forward to the note 3.

Had the original Note and the Note 2 and the Note 3 looks pretty good considering. A specs not really mentioned or emphasized on at the event are the fact it has much better audio quality support and USB 3.0.

The s-pen was extremely good on the Note 2 and there really isn't much they could have improved hardware wise but the added features are nice and not to mention the fact that once it's out a bit we will see some modifications that allow any app in the multi-window and possible the box windows as well. Much like what happened on the note 2.

Normally the note series has similar specs to the previously released galaxy s3 device but not in this case. The Note 3 has a better processor and GPU and of course more RAM when compared to the S4.

So the Note 3 has not only much more impressive specs compared to the Note 2 but also the S4 and other current devices. The only other contender is the Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra.

I'm just not sure whether to get the black or white one. I got a white S3 and then a titanium grey note 2 and then a white s4. Not sure to get a black or white note 3. I do like the leather look, but i believe it would look better on the black version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thor wrote: »
    Had the original Note. I got a white S3 and then a titanium grey note 2 and then a white s4

It must be great to be loaded.:pac:
    I had to skip a few releases. I had a S II, Note II and thinking about the note 3.

I had to skip a few releases. I had a S II, Note II and thinking about the note 3.

I wish, it all comes down to selling the previous model before the new one comes out. I got the s2, sold it for the note, sold that for the s3, sold that for the note 2, sold that for the s4 and yeap sold that and awaiting for the note 3.

I generally only have to put 100-200 with the sale price to get the new phone. I doubt I will upgrade to the s5 unless they bring something new and different. I do appreciate the upgrades we have had already, but really interested to see what they could possibly bring to the table against the s4 and note 3.

I wish, it all comes down to selling the previous model before the new one comes out. I got the s2, sold it for the note, sold that for the s3, sold that for the note 2, sold that for the s4 and yeap sold that and awaiting for the note 3.

I generally only have to put 100-200 with the sale price to get the new phone. I doubt I will upgrade to the s5 unless they bring something new and different. I do appreciate the upgrades we have had already, but really interested to see what they could possibly bring to the table against the s4 and note 3.

Oh I see. I should really try and sell my Note 2 so, but I'm afraid to, the phone has a few dents and scratches around the outer shell. The screen is perfect no scratches. I was lucky when I dropped it a few times that it never landed on it's face. Maybe if I say that it is a bit rough looking in the ad, but I won't get a good price for it. I'd say you keep your phones in A1 condition.

On a different note I just seen your braodband speeds in your signature. I would wish to have your upload speeds. I'm with eircom 3MB and all I get is 1.2-1.4MB. It's the only speed my line can handle.

• Advertisement

Oh I see. I should really try and sell my Note 2 so, but I'm afraid to, the phone has a few dents and scratches around the outer shell. The screen is perfect no scratches. I was lucky when I dropped it a few times that it never landed on it's face. Maybe if I say that it is a bit rough looking in the ad, but I won't get a good price for it. I'd say you keep your phones in A1 condition.

On a different note I just seen your braodband speeds in your signature. I would wish to have your upload speeds. I'm with eircom 3MB and all I get is 1.2-1.4MB. It's the only speed my line can handle.

Yeah, screen protector and cover, even a cheap one at the start when I get a new phone. I tell everyone to at least get a cover on there phone. It's the difference between a cracked screen and slightly marked cover.

I do enjoy the upload speed, but was hoping for a bump when UPC accidentally mentioned 15MB upload on a few pages on their site. You get used to being able to download and upload quickly and sadly you also get used to the yearly upgrades they previously had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

I wish, it all comes down to selling the soldious model before the new one comes out. I got the s2, sold it for the note, sold that for the s3, sold that for the note 2, sold that for the s4 and yeap sold that and awaitingfor the note 3.

I've done the same over the years, admittedly while on contract.

Pay reduced price for new phone then 9-12 months later sell it on in perfect Nick and put a little cash towards the latest model, hold out for the upgrades people get and don't want. Got an s4 for 500 pretty soon after release and sold my note2 for 420

pah wrote: »
    I've done the same over the years, admittedly while on contract.

Pay reduced price for new phone then 9-12 months later sell it on in perfect Nick and put a little cash towards the latest model, hold out for the upgrades people get and don't want. Got an s4 for 500 pretty soon after release and sold my note2 for 420

On contract myself and I got the s4 on O2 priority upgrade for only €497 brand new and I knew it was going to be sim free since they don't have time to put together the firmware or lock the devices. So worked fine with three.

Not sure where I'm going to get the Note 3 from, more than likely it won't be an Irish retailer, but if they have a decent price I may go that direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Can you get flash working on a Note 3?

[-0-] wrote: »
    Can you get flash working on a Note 3?

I would say so, there is no real difference between 4.2 and 4.3 jelly bean, and flash works perfectly on 4.2.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the S5 is due out? I'd like to see how good that is before upgrading to the N3.

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Anyone know when the S5 is due out? I'd like to see how good that is before upgrading to the N3.

Ben

It hasn't been out that long. I'd say the new one is going to come down in summer as always.

It hasn't been out that long. I'd say the new one is going to come down in summer as always.

Sorry, don't understand that. what hasn't been out that long? The S4? If so are you saying the S5 won't be launched until next summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

BenThere wrote: »
    Sorry, don't understand that. what hasn't been out that long? The S4? If so are you saying the S5 won't be launched until next summer?

Pretty sure that's what he means. I would expect it to be announces around March and released april/may going by previous years.

I'm due an upgrade from three now so holding out for this to be released.

Coming from the s3 so I've never had the pleasure of a Note before. Is the battery life as good as people say? And do people find the s pen any use?

Pretty sure that's what he means. I would expect it to be announces around March and released april/may going by previous years.

Coming from the s3 so I've never had the pleasure of a Note before. Is the battery life as good as people say? And do people find the s pen any use?

The S-pen is pretty great for taking notes as you would expect, but I find it brilliant on navigating websites and the hover feature acts like a mouse hover as well. if on boards.ie full site, i could properly use the nafivation bar at the top to quickly get to a forum.

The battery life on the Note 2 was the best I had seen on a device and really looking forward to what the Note 3 can do.

The battery has been getting a lot lesser since the release of the original note.
    Note 2 battery life was still great, but sammy screwed up something with a firmware upgrade and made it worse.

Samsung did say that the battery life is meant to be improved for video watching by 2 hours I think. Not sure how will that work in real life.

The S Pen is a nice thing to have at time. I use to like being able to leave the phone on the table and glide along the phone with a stylus. Especially handy on web browsing. Regards to note taking, I always found that using swype input got my better results than handwriting it. Never bothered with the drawing features, the previous stylus was just not good enough or as accurate as real life drawing.

the previous stylus was just not good enough or as accurate as real life drawing.

Your talking about the origianl note? Right? As I found the note 2 stylus to be very accurate.

Your talking about the origianl note? Right? As I found the note 2 stylus to be very accurate.

Im talking about Note 2. Try drawing quick lines and pointing the stylus at an angle to the screen, and you will find it very annoying, very quickly.

I had two Note 2's and they both worked the same way.

Im talking about Note 2. Try drawing quick lines and pointing the stylus at an angle to the screen, and you will find it very annoying, very quickly.

I had two Note 2's and they both worked the same way.

I just tried it there. I have no problems. But holding it at an angle like you said doen't draw anything but that was a severe angle, totally un-natural writing angle.

I just tried it there. I have no problems. But holding it at an angle like you said doen't draw anything but that was a severe angle, totally un-natural writing angle.

Don't know about you but my pen is never pointing at dead 90 degrees to the paper. Always around 65 degrees or less.

• Advertisement

Don't know about you but my pen is never pointing at dead 90 degrees to the paper. Always around 65 degrees or less.

Must be your device, mine works perfectly at that angle. I too do not use the s-pen at 90 degrees.

Must be your device, mine works perfectly at that angle. I too do not use the s-pen at 90 degrees.

Can't be two faulty phones. Its not that it doesn't work. It just loses its accuracy if its not dead on straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Need the price for the new note?!
    Also what's everyone trying to get for there old note 2.I'll be selling to a friend,the phone has a few scuffs around the edges but perfect otherwise unlocked and rooted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I'm still on an S2 waiting For the Note 3! No recession around your gaffs.

I wish pricing details would be released soon.

I have 3 calling me almost daily now wanting me to upgrade.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I wish pricing details would be released soon.

I have 3 calling me almost daily now wanting me to upgrade.:mad:

Same here! It's getting a bit annoying at this stage.

Same here! It's getting a bit annoying at this stage.

I kid you not here.

They called me at ten am this morning, I told them I wasn't interested in upgrading just yet.
    Ok, we'll take your name of the list they said.
    One pm they called me again.

Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I kid you not here.

They called me at ten am this morning, I told them I wasn't interested in upgrading just yet.
    Ok, we'll take your name of the list they said.
    One pm they called me again.

Seriously.

Was on to them myself today and they have no idea when it's coming in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

It wouldn't be this number by any chance (051) 595 123?
    They've been ringing me every other day since April and no matter how much I told them I was waiting for the Note 3 it didn't make any odds.
    I ended up blocking the number so it just goes straight to voice mail now.
    I called into my local store Wednesday and they told me mid November.
    I'm getting so impatient.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't be this number by any chance (051) 595 123?
    They've been ringing me every other day since April and no matter how much I told them I was waiting for the Note 3 it didn't make any odds.
    I ended up blocking the number so it just goes straight to voice mail now.
    I called into my local store Wednesday and they told me mid November.
    I'm getting so impatient.

That's the number alright. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Any update on release in Ireland?

Only O2 have posted their pricing for the Note 3.

Expecting it to ship any day now from them and others, but sadly Three have yet to post any pricing details for it and for some odd reason they always wait until the day before release to announce anything, which is really annoying.

I have already ordered mine, was waiting to see what three had to offer, but alas they took too long. Looking forward to when it arrives.

Has anyone else ordered it.

Only O2 have posted their pricing for the Note 3.

Expecting it to ship any day now from them and others, but sadly Three have yet to post any pricing details for it and for some odd reason they always wait until the day before release to announce anything, which is really annoying.

I have already ordered mine, was waiting to see what three had to offer, but alas they took too long. Looking forward to when it arrives.

Has anyone else ordered it.

What are they pricing it at :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

as per Thor, O2 seem to be the only ones with prices available

I've been waiting for this phone for a while too - have the original Note & coming to the end of my contract

I've compiled a "cost calculator" in excel to get an idea of total cost over the length of the contract and took a screenshot - hope the maths are correct

NB - the prices are based on my selecting "Switch your number to O2" - current users may get different prices ?

also bear in mind that the Prepay price for the phone is €659.99 :eek:

What are they pricing it at :confused:

Not sure on bill pay, but it's €659 on prepay. Got it for €527.99 with the priority discount deal as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

O2's bill pay prices for the phone are ridiculous! Give 'em €55 a month for 18 months and they're still charging nearly €500 for the phone upfront?! Get stuffed!

Three have a register interest page set up.

http://www.three.ie/shop/phones/coming-soon/register-for-galaxy-note-3.html

Pricing will prob be dependant on how many interested they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Not sure on bill pay, but it's €659 on prepay. Got it for €527.99 with the priority discount deal as well.

fair play Thor....I always forget about this :rolleyes:
    I got this and €50 credit....happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

the release date is 7 hours away & no one else releasing prices yet ???

according to sammobile Irish networks will have the LTE (4G) version:

SM-N9005 – Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
    - CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
    - GPU: Adreno 330
    - RAM: 3 GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B – 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

the networks listed are as follows, not sure if the first is a generic country code?

Ireland TSI
    Ireland (Meteor) MET
    Ireland (O2) O2I
    Ireland (Three) 3IE
    Ireland (Vodafone) VDI

O2 have just said there was a delay until next week, even though I confirmed with O2 a few hours ago that the order was received in the warehouse.

Not really sure what is going on, but with Three not posting their details me their launch isn't tomorrow at least. It's possible everywhere in Ireland is being delayed but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement