Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

The note 3 uses a micro sim.
    so does this mean you dont use the SIM from your old phone?
    I have moved from phone to phone now for many years so I assumed this was the standard operating procedure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

banjobongo wrote: »
    I have moved from phone to phone now for many years so I assumed this was the standard operating procedure?

Call into your service provider's store and they usually give you a replacement SIM for free.

The SIM you need is just smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys I seem to have a problem with my note 3 and I'm just wondering if anybody could help. I can't seem to send mms messages or emails with attachments over wifi. It just keeps saying sending. However when I turn on my mobile data it sends straight away. Any tips ?

mms will only send/recieve via mobile data, not sure about your email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

call into the phone shop they will sort you out by either ....

1 - cutting your current sim card down to size with their clipper.
    or
    2 - giving you a new micro sim and then copy the contents over.

unless you are with 3 - they were very unhelpful anytime i had dealings with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mms will only send/recieve via mobile data, not sure about your email

Is that a note thing ? I always thought they sent over wifi on my htc !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

It's all phones as far as I know.

Look into apps like viber and WhatsApp if you want to send mms style messages over wifi. Most people are using one or the other on smart phones these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It was the same with my s3 and s4. Mms also won't come through if you are using handcent, you have to use the stock messaging app.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

any advice on cases?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

theres a new galaxy 5 due out,any day also iphone 6 in october

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

any advice on cases?
    I have a trident cyclops and trident kraken ams and I couldn't fault them. All the protection if not more than the otterbox and Griffin survivor but slimmer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

any advice on cases?

I have trident aegis. Excellent case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

any advice on cases?

I use a Spigen NeoHybrid. Cheap enough on eBay, fits well plus the combination of soft and hard gives adequate protection.

restive wrote: »
    I have trident aegis. Excellent case.

Im thinking of buying this case. What website did you buy it from, and how much did it cost? Does it give OK protection? - thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Im thinking of buying this case. What website did you buy it from, and how much did it cost? Does it give OK protection? - thanks!

I bought it directly of tridents own american website. I paid 51 dollars including shipping. It gives excellent protection.

• Advertisement

Im having problems with email (oulook) on my new handset. I can send emails from my handset, but not receive them. It all seems to be set up correctly, both my email/web provider (IrishDomains) and my phone provider (Vodafone) have confirmed the problem is not in the email settings. Vodafone are now tryiing to duplicate the problem on a handset they have. No news yet. I suspect its a handset problem.
    Has anybody else experienced this issue?
    (I also set up a gmail account on the handset, its fine, everything else is fine, its just incoming emails...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Probably the wrong settings. I have my outlook.com email, Gmail and my work private email server setup and all work without a hiccup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I have 2 different outlook accounts working fine on mine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How much bigger is this compared to the s4?

Much bigger but after a few days you don't even notice the size. I took the cover off mine yesterday for the first time since October and it feels bloody tiny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Anyone experiencing significant change in battery performance!

I was getting through the day with decent usage and by 10 or 11pm I was down to 30%. However since the update it seems I am down to 15% by 6pm. I have always had Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth on as well as the usual apps - FB, Twitter, email etc

Perhaps it is the constant searching for wifi or signal perhaps as I don't have any new apps other than the RBS 6 Nations app that might be causing a drain.

Trident are having a 20% off sale.

Note 3 is larger than the S4 by :

Length : 14.6mm
    Width : 9.4mm
    Depth : 4mm

Actually I'm suprised how little the difference is. I would have gussed much more especially as the screen on the Note is 17.7mm larger.

restive wrote: »
    Trident are having a 20% off sale.
    what website is this sale offer with?

what website is this sale offer with?

Tridents own website in north america. They emailed me directly.

scout353 wrote: »

I was getting through the day with decent usage and by 10 or 11pm I was down to 30%. However since the update it seems I am down to 15% by 6pm. I have always had Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth on as well as the usual apps - FB, Twitter, email etc

Perhaps it is the constant searching for wifi or signal perhaps as I don't have any new apps other than the RBS 6 Nations app that might be causing a drain.
    Are you on three and installed the 4g update?

scout353 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. On Vodafone and in the last week or two I've seen serious drops in battery life. At the minute I'm at 41% battery whereas before I would still have 80% at least at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Are you on three and installed the 4g update?
    I'm in the same boat. On Vodafone and in the last week or two I've seen serious drops in battery life. At the minute I'm at 41% battery whereas before I would still have 80% at least at this time.

I am on Vodafone too!

One phone call so far today and a couple of texts as well as standard email checking and the phone is currently down to 38%

A look at the battery info says the Android System is using 33%,
    media 11%,
    screen 9%,
    Vodafone Net Perform 9%,
    google services 6%,
    Android OS 6%
    Samsung Puish Service 5%
    Gallery 4%
    Samsung WatchOn 3%

Prior to this I wouldn't hit 30% until bed time!!

I've noticed this aswell but I haven't updated. Possibly just the battery starting to pack in? I assume we all got the phone around the same time (October).

I've noticed this aswell but I haven't updated. Possibly just the battery starting to pack in? I assume we all got the phone around the same time (October).

I'm with three and noticed it after the LTE update last Monday.

Just wondering if it's the constant switching between 4g and 3g causing drain? Any clue what that would show up as when looking at battery stats?

• Advertisement

I got mine in December. Early Christmas present for myself :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I should have waited for the note 3 to come,dont get me wrong I love my s4 but I'd love a bigger screen than the s4 :)

I should have waited for the note 3 to come,dont get me wrong I love my s4 but I'd love a bigger screen than the s4 :)

I'm not able to use an s4 after using this. It's like a child's phone in my hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The battery should not be on the way out so quickly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I'm with three and noticed it after the LTE update last Monday.

Just wondering if it's the constant switching between 4g and 3g causing drain?

I think it is. I've changed mine to just use 3G as 4G is only available outdoors for me which is pretty pointless - and since then the battery life has been great again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I think it is. I've changed mine to just use 3G as 4G is only available outdoors for me which is pretty pointless - and since then the battery life has been great again :)

how did you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Settings >> More Networks >> Mobile Networks >> Network Mode >> WCDMA only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

lads, how did you get onto the 4g coverage with the note 3?

when I plug my phone in to charge it up, the display is lit up all the time, any idea how to prevent the screen remaining lit up when on charge?

• Advertisement

lads, how did you get onto the 4g coverage with the note 3?

Make sure you have a 4g sim
    Make sure you're in an area with 4g
    Change the network settings to LTE

when I plug my phone in to charge it up, the display is lit up all the time, any idea how to prevent the screen remaining lit up when on charge?

Lock the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Just one question, how do you know if your getting 4g on the note 3?

Just one question, how do you know if your getting 4g on the note 3?

It will say 4g instead of e/3g/h+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Make sure you have a 4g sim
    Make sure you're in an area with 4g
    Change the network settings to LTE

Any idea how to check if your sim is 4G or not? I got my micro-sim from Three about 3 years ago?

Switched to Vodafone a couple of days ago. Getting 20mbps on 3G in Dublin. Speed does dip down the odd time, but havent seen it go below 10mbps in Dublin.

Was getting 25 mbps on Three 4G

Just shows you how badly Three is under performing on 4G capabilities.

• Advertisement

Any idea how to check if your sim is 4G or not? I got my micro-sim from Three about 3 years ago?

It's not 4g enabled if it's that old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Switched to Vodafone a couple of days ago. Getting 20mbps on 3G in Dublin. Speed does dip down the odd time, but havent seen it go below 10mbps in Dublin.

Was getting 25 mbps on Three 4G

Just shows you how badly Three is under performing on 4G capabilities.

:confused:

pah wrote: »
    :confused:

My note was on Three, switched to Vodafone. Just saying the speeds on Three are brutal compared.

There is a setting in Developer Options called Stay Awake that when selected will prevent the phone from sleeping when on charge...but its off by default.

In your case I'm guessing you have Daydream turned on...go to Settings, Device, Display...and turn off Daydream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

On Meteor, bill pay with my note, are they 4g enabled, if so does it cost more because if it does they can stuff it

• Advertisement
Advertisement