Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

My note was on Three, switched to Vodafone. Just saying the speeds on Three are brutal compared.

you said you got 20mb on Vodafone and never less than 10mb but you were getting 25mb with three.

you are saying three are terrible compared to Vodafone.

can you understand my confusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

pah wrote: »
    you said you got 20mb on Vodafone and never less than 10mb but you were getting 25mb with three.

you are saying three are terrible compared to Vodafone.

can you understand my confusion?

Yeah one is getting near 4G speeds like on 3G. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Ionised wrote: »
    There is a setting in Developer Options called Stay Awake that when selected will prevent the phone from sleeping when on charge...but its off by default.

In your case I'm guessing you have Daydream turned on...go to Settings, Device, Display...and turn off Daydream.

thanks, Daydream was and is turned off but it still stays lit when charging.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

banjobongo wrote: »
    thanks, Daydream was and is turned off but it still stays lit when charging.....

When you say lit, what shows on the screen?

Did you check the Developer Options to see if the Stay Awake is on?

When you say lit, what shows on the screen?

Did you check the Developer Options to see if the Stay Awake is on?

thanks for that, I had not checked this before, so you were right stay awake was on by default so I have turned it off, thanks!

thanks for that, I had not checked this before, so you were right stay awake was on by default so I have turned it off, thanks!

Glad you got it sorted.

hi guys
    any help on this issue, Im trying to delete the Google search app/widget history on my note 3. I've tried deleting the Google search app data and cache. Deleted Google Web history from my Google account. Deleted all history from chrome. I've gone into settings in the Google search app and gone into settings. There is NO "clear on-device history" option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

hi guys
    any help on this issue, Im trying to delete the Google search app/widget history on my note 3. I've tried deleting the Google search app data and cache. Deleted Google Web history from my Google account. Deleted all history from chrome. I've gone into settings in the Google search app and gone into settings. There is NO "clear on-device history" option.

Incognito Mode next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

hi guys

Sometimes it's the keyboard app that keeps prompting the words in search. You might need to clear the data/cache from it.

There was a similar issue before on the GS2 thread I think. Usual stuff -buying a present for the wife I presume

Zagato wrote: »
    Sometimes it's the keyboard app that keeps prompting the words in search. You might need to clear the data/cache from it.

There was a similar issue before on the GS2 thread I think. Usual stuff -buying a present for the wife I presume

thanks, you are correct on both scores, it was the samsung keyboard app and yes it was for the wife, how did you know?!
    anyway, a sincere thanks, I have googled this all day and you were the only person with a solution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kozak

It seems amazon.co.uk (seller GameCyberShop) has reasonable priced Note 3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-N9005-Smartphone/dp/B00FFR6WYG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2SDYH2FTRXIZH&coliid=I1RESUY734XYIO

Not sure if Note 3 will work with meteor sim in Republic of Ireland. Emailed amazon who directed me to GameCyberShop who keeps silence for a week!

May be somebody has Note 3 bought from amazon and can answer my questions:

1) will Note 3 work with meteor sim in Republic of Ireland

2) How long is warranty? Who will fix phone in case of failure under warranty?

kozak wrote: »
    It seems amazon.co.uk (seller GameCyberShop) has reasonable priced Note 3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-N9005-Smartphone/dp/B00FFR6WYG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2SDYH2FTRXIZH&coliid=I1RESUY734XYIO

Not sure if Note 3 will work with meteor sim in Republic of Ireland. Emailed amazon who directed me to GameCyberShop who keeps silence for a week!

May be somebody has Note 3 bought from amazon and can answer my questions:

1) will Note 3 work with meteor sim in Republic of Ireland

2) How long is warranty? Who will fix phone in case of failure under warranty?

Well the ad states sim free so any sim here should work.
    As for warranty the retailer should cover it for a year minimum but worth asking to see if they offer anything longer.

On my last phone (the Samsung Galaxy Nexus) I was able to use Dropbox to attach files on my email (Outlook) on the phone.
    I have Dropbox set up my new phone, the Note 3, but when in email, trying to send an attachment, when I click on attachments, there is no option to use Dropbox.
    I called Voadafone and they seemed to know nothing about it but I asked them to check so he tried a few handsets and while he could see Dropbox on his handset, he too could not seem to get an email to use Dropbox for any attachment.
    Can a Note 3 handset send a dropbox attachment using Outlook email?
    I have checked on my gmail account on my handset, no problems at all.
    I run a small business and all my files are on Dropbox so its critical for me to be able to send dropbox attachments from my phone.
    Any help gratefully received!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone recommend any decent (medium priced) cases?
    I had a leather flip/wallet styled one, but it is starting to fall apart. Wanting something that doesn't add too much bulk, but protects the phone.

Also, am I right in saying that my car charger isn't powerful enough to recharge this phone? I've the same charger from my sgs2/sgs4 days, but it doesn't seem to offer decent charging times. Ie even ify I am browning with phone plugged into charger, the battery still drains :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

On my last phone (the Samsung Galaxy Nexus) I was able to use Dropbox to attach files on my email (Outlook) on the phone.
    I have Dropbox set up my new phone, the Note 3, but when in email, trying to send an attachment, when I click on attachments, there is no option to use Dropbox.
    I called Voadafone and they seemed to know nothing about it but I asked them to check so he tried a few handsets and while he could see Dropbox on his handset, he too could not seem to get an email to use Dropbox for any attachment.
    Can a Note 3 handset send a dropbox attachment using Outlook email?
    I have checked on my gmail account on my handset, no problems at all.
    I run a small business and all my files are on Dropbox so its critical for me to be able to send dropbox attachments from my phone.
    Any help gratefully received!

Go into the Dropbox app, long press on the file you want to send and select share. The option to copy link (or send it to someone using the app or another app such as Outlook) should appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

Hi folks. Just noticed since my update to 4.4.2 that I can no longer write to my external sd card. Went into ttorrent earlier and it would not create any folder for me. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Nikond800 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just noticed since my update to 4.4.2 that I can no longer write to my external sd card. Went into ttorrent earlier and it would not create any folder for me. Anyone else notice this?

The same here... Maybe knox bullsh!t?
    I can't move folders between internal and sd.

iwo wrote: »

No problem moving files from internal to SD here.

Same thing happened to my micro sd, but suddenly around update time I couldn't write anything into it. Can't format, can't delete content, can't write content. Just always stuck at 30 GB. ..

Spent hours trying to get it working, but something is corrupted or locked somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I believe the first 4.4.2 updates had bugs that cause 3rd party covers with the window to stop working and also the external sd card problems.
    I read on xda the February update released for Poland has fixed this.
    Mark.

markad1 wrote: »
    I believe the first 4.4.2 updates had bugs that cause 3rd party covers with the window to stop working and also the external sd card problems.
    I read on xda the February update released for Poland has fixed this.
    Mark.

Problem is that memory card is ducked in any device I try to use now. My surface can only read it aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Problem is that memory card is ducked in any device I try to use now. My surface can only read it aswel

if you have an adapter (micro sd to full size sd) plug it into your laptop/pc & try this .....

it might help you to get the files off the card, format it & copy them back so you can use it again

Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
    chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>
    My SD card reader is E:\ drive, so i would use the following command:
    chkdsk /X /F E:

if you have an adapter (micro sd to full size sd) plug it into your laptop/pc & try this .....

it might help you to get the files off the card, format it & copy them back so you can use it again

Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
    chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>
    My SD card reader is E:\ drive, so i would use the following command:
    chkdsk /X /F E:

Ive tried all sorts of magic at this stage, even gpart

I got this message when tried running the command you suggested
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /X /F E:
    The type of the file system is exFAT.
    Volume Serial Number is 9CAB-7EE5
    Windows is verifying files and folders...
    Volume label is Micro SD.
    File and folder verification is complete.
    The volume has been successfully checked, but Windows was unable
    to mark the volume as clean.
    Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.
      62363648 KB total disk space.
      29273472 KB in 2844 files.
         46464 KB in 361 indexes.
             0 KB in bad sectors.
           256 KB in use by the system.
      33043456 KB available on disk.
        131072 bytes in each allocation unit.
        487216 total allocation units on disk.
        258152 allocation units available on disk.

Cant format or do anything else to it. Windows keeps prompting me to repair it, but cant do it. There's no problem reading the data or copying it off it, just cant delete, write or format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

more infos here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057151145

sorry but mine stays on 4.3 for the time been ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Anyone on 3 get the 4.4.2 update? Just downloaded there but after reading the above I'm unsure I want to update now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Does anyone have the official S-View cover? i got a 30euro one from eBay, which has the S-View capabilities, (opening the cover to wake it; little screen at the top, etc).
    But if i open the cover fully back, then the phone will lock again which is a BIG pain when trying to use the phone.

Anyone know if the official cover doesn't have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I have the official one and can confirm that this does not happen. Works fine, just a pity there is not more you can do through the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zagato wrote: »
    I have the official one and can confirm that this does not happen. Works fine, just a pity there is not more you can do through the window.

Where did you get the cover ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Question for people anyone with eMobile get 4.4 pushed to them yet ?. As i am still on 4.3 and there has not been any software updates for me since the 4G update :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Anyone on 3 get the 4.4.2 update? Just downloaded there but after reading the above I'm unsure I want to update now!

Yup. Not much change that I can see to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

For anyone with a Three branded Note 3 go into your settings and manually search for the software update and the KitKat 4.4.2 will be pushed through.
    Although I haven't noticed much difference myself yet only the transparent notification bar.
    Hopefully an improvement in battery life cause mine has taken a nose dive since the 4G update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

anncoates wrote: »
    Yup. Not much change that I can see to be honest.

Have you tried moving anything to the SD card? Or letting any apps write the the card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Have you tried moving anything to the SD card? Or letting any apps write the the card?

I heard there were problems about this but I'm just using the internal storage so far and don't have an SD card.

Must actually read the full change list. The only changes that I've really noticed are the white notification bar icons and the lock screen now displays album art for the stock music player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Question for people anyone with eMobile get 4.4 pushed to them yet ?. As i am still on 4.3 and there has not been any software updates for me since the 4G update :rolleyes:
    Nope - not seen anything here either. Searching for software updates isn't getting any result either.

Seeing as I was having issues with the wireless charging receiver, I bought the official charging back cover. Works better but it nearly doubles the phones thickness

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭whellman1030

I've upgraded to the latest firmware, still no LTE/4G option with Meteor on a 4G card and a 4G plan.

So you guys get the 4G on the Note 3?

Can you send me Screenshots of the about screen and APN like I'm doing?
    106064d1393496923-cant-have-4g-screenshot_2014-02-27-08-11-28-1-.jpg106071d1393501204-cant-have-4g-untitled.jpg106066d1393496969-cant-have-4g-screenshot_2014-02-27-10-19-14-1-.jpg106067d1393496988-cant-have-4g-screenshot_2014-02-27-10-19-26-1-.jpg106068d1393497005-cant-have-4g-screenshot_2014-02-27-10-19-46-1-.jpg106069d1393497024-cant-have-4g-screenshot_2014-02-27-10-19-52-1-.jpg106065d1393496947-cant-have-4g-screenshot_2014-02-27-08-12-03-1-.jpg

I posted on this thread recently, a problem I was having with my Note 3 outlook email account. (Briefly, the problem was that the refresh button was not working). The problem was not with the settings, they were fine. Vodafone looked at the problem and could not find it, nobody could find the cause of the problem, it was driving me mad.
    Then lo and behold, a few days ago my phone got an automated system message saying there was an update available, I clicked on download and after the download was complete, the problem was gone!
    So if anybody else has this problem, the solution may be the version of the OS that your device has.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Can you send me Screenshots of the about screen and APN like I'm doing?
    your screenshots aren't visible, it might be due to crosslinking from another forum (i'm not a member, so don't think i have access). you'll have to attach them here or use something public to host them.

here's mine anyway, on meteor with a 4G SIM and getting a 4G signal (when in range of one, which is limited).

worth noting that i've never has MMS working with working 4G settings, so it may not be 100%.

I also had no luck with 4G until i replaced my existing (and working perfectly fine on 3G) settings with the ones attached below.

My phone won't gps lock since upgrading to 4.42.

Anyone else any issues???

My phone won't gps lock since upgrading to 4.42.

Anyone else any issues???

If anything the gps is quicker to lock since the update on mine.

• Advertisement

If anything the gps is quicker to lock since the update on mine.

Sorted.

The phone won't luck to gps when its on LTE /4G. :confused:

Selecting WCDMA only sorts it. Weird one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any news on a note 4?will we see one this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭plhealy2000

Looking to get this Sim Free.

Anyone know where is best in terms of price and after sales support.

Thanks

I'm getting very annoyed by note 3...! Keeps freezing and locking itself few times a day. Since kitkat it is unusable. I have rooted it and removed many apps but this didn't help. Im thinking to go back to 4.3.
    I did reset phone twice already. People on xda have similar issues.... Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I'm getting very annoyed by note 3...! Keeps freezing and locking itself few times a day. Since kitkat it is unusable. I have rooted it and removed many apps but this didn't help. Im thinking to go back to 4.3.
    I did reset phone twice already. People on xda have similar issues.... Any ideas?

I'm using Omega 10 which is based is KitKat and it works flawlessly. If your up for it, I suggest you flashing it or another customer ROM. Far superior to stock in every way.

I believe going back from 4.4 to 4.3 is tricky and has issues.

Thor wrote: »
    I'm using Omega 10 which is based is KitKat and it works flawlessly. If your up for it, I suggest you flashing it or another customer ROM. Far superior to stock in every way.

I believe going back from 4.4 to 4.3 is tricky and has issues.

Thanks, did you side load google apps or they were there already? Any issues with that rom? Battery etc?
    Do pen apps work as in stock version? This pop up round thing etc.

Running stock 4.4 XEO - rooted

Everything is working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Thanks, did you side load google apps or they were there already? Any issues with that rom? Battery etc?
    Do pen apps work as in stock version? This pop up round thing etc.

Everything that stock has is there with Omega and any rom that's based on a touchwiz rom. Only roms like CM or AOSP would being missing the touchwiz things like s-pen apps.

Omega 10 is a solid rom and everything is there including some great mods that simply add a lot of functions to the Note 3. I suggest you check out the XDA Note 3 forum for more info on what benefits there are and how to flash, but if you have any issues just through me a PM and I can walk you through it.

Thanks, I will use this rom tomorrow. I have tried many roms for my note 1 and 2 but sooner or later I ended up with stock...but not this time, 4.4.2 is not working for me at all.there was no issue with 4.3.
    Thanks again for suggestion. Omega looks promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Any news on a note 4?will we see one this year?

There is no news so far, but even if there is news leaked I wouldn't listen to it personally, as I was let down on the S5 after hearing supposed leaks.

Also the release date of the Note 4 should be sep or oct that is going by the previous release dates of note brand phablets.

Advertisement