Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Nope..I got a refund in the end. Still need to get them unlocked though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone else that has problems with a GPS lock, I followed this brief tutorial from YouTube.

Sorted it right out. I now get a lock in about five seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Anyone else that has problems with a GPS lock, I followed this brief tutorial from YouTube.

Does the rebuild actually erase any data from the internal memory?
    I'm a bit worried about the terminology "rebuilded"

Does the rebuild actually erase any data from the internal memory?
    I'm a bit worried about the terminology "rebuilded"

Doesn't look like it, all my 'starred' areas on google maps are still there anyway.

Doesn't look like it, all my 'starred' areas on google maps are still there anyway.

How about your images and contacts?

How about your images and contacts?

All still A1.

All still A1.

Cheers thanks, on a totally different topic I'm wondering if you've had any problem with data reception, and if so have you found a remedy, basically if I stray into an area with awful data, i.e it switches to edge, the problem is 25 minutes later when I'm in an area where I know I have HSDPA+ or 4G it sticks on E.
    I've tried restarting the phone and it stays on until it feels like changing back, it's completely frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I was so excited when I saw this post but it doesn't appear to have worked for me :(

Still won't achieve lock, it just sits there flashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone on lollipop having issues with Bluetooth? I have heard that some people are experiencing connection issues so I am reluctant to make the switch from 4.4.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    I was so excited when I saw this post but it doesn't appear to have worked for me :(

Still won't achieve lock, it just sits there flashing.

Keep trying, took mine a while too, but once it makes the initial lock, it takes seconds from there on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

/video

I actually tried this when I had my GPS problems and it didn't solve it unfortunately. I'm putting it down to a rogue app. I upgraded to 5.0 and my GPS is now 100% functional again. Hopefully the video helps a few others though.

dorgasm wrote: »
    I actually tried this when I had my GPS problems and it didn't solve it unfortunately. I'm putting it down to a rogue app. I upgraded to 5.0 and my GPS is now 100% functional again. Hopefully the video helps a few others though.

I never heard of iPhone users experiencing similar problems regarding their gps.

It really is something that Samsung should be looking at tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Keep trying, took mine a while too, but once it makes the initial lock, it takes seconds from there on in.

Nah it's definitely not working. Weird thing is, the icon is consistently off by about twenty metres to the East. I might try tightening that screw someone mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Dam blastid, dropped my Note 3 today, screen is cracked and crazed, working perfectly though, had a deep scratch and inquired a month ago about a replacement, I-electron quoted me 230 euro for screen & digitizer even though I didnt need the latter, don't fancy doing a DIY job on it, can you get the screen replaced on its own and how much might it cost......thanks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Just updated my note 3 to android 5.0, easy enough to do. Didn't wipe any data at all, contacts and screens all still there :)
    bogman wrote: »
    Dam blastid, dropped my Note 3 today, screen is cracked and crazed, working perfectly though, had a deep scratch and inquired a month ago about a replacement, I-electron quoted me 230 euro for screen & digitizer even though I didnt need the latter, don't fancy doing a DIY job on it, can you get the screen replaced on its own and how much might it cost......thanks....

It's easy to replace the screen with digitiser, it's not so easy to do just the screen. I've done both many times. The replacement screen alone is never as strong had many crack a second time. Just bite the bullet and pay the extra for the screen+digitiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

Anyone got an idea when Lollipop will be available for the Note 3? I'm on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just flash one of the stock builds, the one from Poland is the most recent. It'll clear all the Vodafone sh1t off the phone and mean you get over the air updates quicker and won't affect your flash count or make your phone status unofficial in anyway. Takes about 5 or 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jedikn1ght

I don't know if this I'd the right place for this but anyway here I go. So I got a second hand note 3 with liquid smooth on it. I have a problem where the phone keeps moving between networks and won't stay on my home network (three). Does anybody know how to resolve this ? I'm new to custom Roms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Just flash one of the stock builds, the one from Poland is the most recent. It'll clear all the Vodafone sh1t off the phone and mean you get over the air updates quicker and won't affect your flash count or make your phone status unofficial in anyway. Takes about 5 or 10 mins

Where would you find this, with instructions..Love to take the 3 branding off my phone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Same question for me - how do you do that!

• Advertisement

It's pretty straightforward. Download the firmware from Here . It's the latest Polish one at the top you want. Then follow these instructions (from XDA)

•Extract (unzip) the firmware file
    •Download Odin v3.09
    •Extract Odin zip-file
    •Open Odin v3.09
    •Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    •Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    •Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    •Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    •Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

You can do a factory reset afterwards if you like. I didn't bother and it didn't have any effect.

It's pretty straightforward. Download the firmware from Here . It's the latest Polish one at the top you want. Then follow these instructions (from XDA)

•Download Odin v3.09
    •Extract Odin zip-file
    •Open Odin v3.09
    •Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)

You can do a factory reset afterwards if you like. I didn't bother and it didn't have any effect.

Did everything as instructed and all seems fine except I keep getting a notification saying

"Sorry APK exception, will be exit"

Was also getting a notification that the Irish Examiner App wasn't working and thinking that was the issue, I uninstalled that but am still getting the message above!

Any ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

scout353 wrote: »
    Did everything as instructed and all seems fine except I keep getting a notification saying

"Sorry APK exception, will be exit"

Was also getting a notification that the Irish Examiner App wasn't working and thinking that was the issue, I uninstalled that but am still getting the message above!

Any ideas???

All went well for me so far, looks like you have an app thats not ready for Lollipop yet, my guess its a chinese app by the wording of the error.
    Have you a chinese smart watch by any chance?

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    All went well for me so far, looks like you have an app thats not ready for Lollipop yet, my guess its a chinese app by the wording of the error.
    Have you a chinese smart watch by any chance?

I do have a Smartwatch app and there was a manual update for it which I have done and it appears to have disappeared.

Thanks for that!

It's the latest Polish one at the top you want. Then follow these instructions (from XDA)

•Download Odin v3.09
    •Extract Odin zip-file
    •Open Odin v3.09

I did this worked out great only issue is that the camera has stopped working. Dies anybody know a way if fixing this issue ??

I installed the polish lollypop as directed (had Liquid Smooth installed before that. It fixed previous issues but gave me a new one. The camera isn't working. Does anybody know a way to fix this ??

jedikn1ght wrote: »
    I installed the polish lollypop as directed (had Liquid Smooth installed before that. It fixed previous issues but gave me a new one. The camera isn't working. Does anybody know a way to fix this ??

Try going into recovery on the phone by holding vol up, the home button and the on button to turn it on, then go to clear cache and click the on button. Reboot the phone and check if the problem persists. If it does, you may need to factory reset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

My Note 3 is rooted, running Audax ROM on Lollipop 5.0 based on the Note 4 release. Have to say it's brilliant & customizable with no issues at all. The phone still has a decent battery life. I'm well impressed after over a year of living with the phone.

simdan wrote: »
    My Note 3 is rooted, running Audax ROM on Lollipop 5.0 based on the Note 4 release. Have to say it's brilliant & customizable with no issues at all. The phone still has a decent battery life. I'm well impressed after over a year of living with the phone.

Mmmm.

I'm due an upgrade in the next month or so. You wouldn't have a link to any of the above roms etc (I'm familiar with Odin etc, so won't have an issue flashing)

Think it's time I messed around with mine for a bit before changing.

Think it's time I messed around with mine for a bit before changing.

Pmd. Can't post links yet..

• Advertisement

simdan wrote: »
    Pmd. Can't post links yet..

Cheers simdan, think I'll have something to occupy my at evening with now.

Cheers simdan, think I'll have something to occupy my at evening with now.

Nice one dude! Something went wrong with my pm response. I'm not sure if it went through? Anyway good luck with rooting/roming! Let me know if you're stuck..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

I just got the update to lollipop over the air this morning on my Note3 SM-N9005. My phone is unlocked and am on the o2 network. Also it is not rooted.
    For any one interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Any initial thoughts? few people have said there are still loads of problems in it
    I just got the update to lollipop over the air this morning on my Note3 SM-N9005. My phone is unlocked and am on the o2 network. Also it is not rooted.
    For any one interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Bear with me here; I live in an area where all mobile signal quality is practically non-existent, but I have noticed that when I take my SIM out of my Note 3 and put it in an old Nokia E71, I can get enough signal to send/receive texts. I've run numerous tests with both the Note 3 & Nokia E71 and it's obvious that the signal goes from 'zero' (with the Note 3) to 'some' (with the Nokia E71).

Is there any way to hack the signal reception quality of the Note 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Your not alone om that one. Back when I used to live down the country side where coverage is poor to none had to use an old e model Nokia feature phone.

Coverage on that was great but poor on any smartphone include Nokia made ones too.

There's something weird with smartphones not picking up as good coverage as old dumb phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

Note 3 target date for Lollipop update is May pending testing and approval, according to Samsung Ireland.

Conba wrote: »
    Note 3 target date for Lollipop update is May pending testing and approval, according to Samsung Ireland.

Already have it 😄😄 not sure why it takes so long to certify an update for specific countries...

Hi guys just wondering if you cloud recommend an unlocking service for the note 3 please and how much it costs. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi guys just wondering if you cloud recommend an unlocking service for the note 3 please and how much it costs. Thanks.

Have a look for eBay. I got one for 10 quid a year back or so. Just search it for phone plus network on eBay and you should be able to find it.

On another note been finding the phone on Samsung's firmware getting slow and having issues with Bluetooth.

Been on CM12 for the week now and find it much better and quicker. Plus nice to get away from Samsung's touchwizz for a while.

Only downside is that the s pen is made redundant

Few issues that have developed with my note 3, just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences.

The phone is now 18months old, and gets lots of use!

Gps is temperamental at best, fiat out doesn't work at worse.

Wifi seems to have semi given up the ghost, if I'm upstairs for example it randomly connects/ disconnects from the downstairs router, this has only started to happen recently.

Stock browser (yep I'm a fan) has of late started to have random "internet has stopped" errors. Getting more and more common.

I've recently factory reset the phone, cleared cache etc in the hopes that it might resolve the issues but to no avail.

Due an upgrade with 3 next month, but wondering if I should hold off for the note.5?

Other than that I'm still very happy with the phone.

GPS is fine here. Though I used to have similar issue with WiFi with an old router (which has been replaced and resolved since) and at friends house on the horizon TV box/router.

Is the usual replacement schedule for Galaxy Note around September?

GPS is fine here. Though I used to have similar issue with WiFi with an old router (which has been replaced and resolved since) and at friends house on the horizon TV box/router.

Gps seems to be working fine again.:confused:

WiFi problem remains.
    Is the usual replacement schedule for Galaxy Note around September?

Yeah think so, I think I will hold of for it, no point being stuck with an 'older model' for near 2 years.

Don't know. Been thinking of moving away from Samsung lately. There was a time where I found it useful but I didn't want to use a PC. But since I got a surface pro last year I've been going on that more lately and leaving note 3 just for odd browse and usual phone calls.

Been looking at Sony Z3 and Z3 Compact purely because they are supposed to have decent battery life and camera.

I sold my Note 3 on Adverts last week. I had it in a tough case since day one so it was in immaculate condition. I bought an LG G Flex on Amazon.de for the same that I got for the Note 3 so I'm not down any money and I get to try a different manufacturer before my upgrade in October.
    I'm also getting a small bit bored of Samsung, I've had them for my last 3 phones so I wanted to try something else before committing for another 24 months.
    I know the screen on the flex is a lower resolution but I honestly don't think you can't clearly see the PPI difference in a screen of that size.
    I'm also losing the stylus but if I used once a month it was a lot.
    I've heard great things about the battery life in the flex so I'm hoping that's true because I was a socket hugger with the note 3.
    It was two days late because of a bank holiday in Germany and our bank holiday so i was back to my Nokia N900 for the last few days and it was a tough weekend.
    I'm only going to collect it from my parents now and I can't wait.
    I know the Samsung purists will think I'm mad but you can only add so many pixels to a screen and GHz to a processor before it gets boring so this curved screen is my new gimmick so I'll see how she goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just had the software update come through this afternoon (on eMobile)

Wondering if anyone has moved on to lollipop and if its worthwhile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I got the upgrade about a week ago. I saw it before on the S5 and small differences which suppose will have to get used to. I had been warned that it was pretty buggy in that it would freeze alot. Facebook only started freezing in past day or two, but can't be sure it's the update.

Anyone know why my volume keeps getting automatically reverted back to almost zero?

Missed quite a few calls now, and in my game, that's not good for business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Anyone know why my volume keeps getting automatically reverted back to almost zero?

Missed quite a few calls now, and in my game, that's not good for business.

As regards your wifi- if its UPC (for other providers change the IP to the relevant one), try this method I describe
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057247960/2
    or this method
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95117731

With regards to volume constantly changing to zero, some apps such as UPC Horizon USED to change all volumes to zero, when i turned it on. The reason was that it thought it was blocking off any distracting sounds when on a call on horizon phone. In reality it was a pain in the ass.
    So, in other words, you can have an app that is doing something likewise. Put the phone in safe mode for an hour, and see if the volume keeps resetting to zero. If not,then you have your answer, it's an app causing it.

Advertisement